The Worst Book You Have Ever Read

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Re: The Worst Book You Have Ever Read

Postby Dama » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:26 am

Coyote wrote:
WhistPendragon wrote:-snip-

Nah, I think you have plenty of good reasons to not love the latest Warrior series. I had a similar experience. I really enjoyed the first series, but as the books went on, I noticed a lot of lazy writing. The characters seemed flat and their motivations made less and less sense. The lore that was established early in the series grew muddy and contradictory with no clear reason why so many "rules" of the Warrior world were broken later on. I really got the sense that the love disappeared from the series as it went on, and instead each book was just a way to keep milking the franchise.
    I love Warrior cats, which is why I was disappointed with the direction the books went in throughout the later published series.

Agreed. I stopped reading them when it was halfway through the fourth series, but it went downhill after the second one. Some of the super editions are great, but even some of them were a bit boring. Characters from the first series were interesting and Indepth and well thought about but characters introduced in later series' were just two dimensional. Even the plot just got too bizzare as the series went on. I think it would have been more enjoyable if there was more clan culture, and more unique attributes for each clan (not just like, Riverclan cats are better at swimming. I mean different ways of picking leaders or deputies or different warrior ceremonies). That would have made the series more interesting I think (as a whole).
Dama

Re: The Worst Book You Have Ever Read

Postby PixelPawz » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:40 pm

I'm sad. I just typed a big long rant about a book and accidently deleted all of it...
PixelPawz

Previous

Return to Entertainment