The Worst Book You Have Ever Read

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

The Worst Book You Have Ever Read

Postby valiant-quest » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:00 am

Welcome to TWBYHER! Here you can share what books you read that are plotless, boring, or you just absolutely hate for no clear reason. (If there is already a thread like this, I apologize.)

Rules:
-All Eldemore rules apply.
-No bashing others because you don't agree with them, everyone has a different opinion.
-No opinion sniping. (Ex. "This book is stupid and everyone who likes it is a nerd!")*

*Nerds are wonderful, I just couldn't think of a better example. xD
valiant-quest

Re: The Worst Book You Have Ever Read

Postby DarkStarWolf53 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:06 am

So far, the worst book I've ever read was :The Fault in Our Stars" (assigned reading). I felt the story was poorly written and I felt no concern or attachment to any of the characters whatsoever. Personally, I dislike romance in general, but this was the worst written romance I've ever seen. It felt completely rushed and there didn't feel like there was any chemistry between the aforementioned couple as well.
~DarkStarWolf53

Note to self: most looking for the Brown Saluki Dhol'kai
DarkStarWolf53

Postby xUnderTheTrees » Mon May 09, 2016 12:53 pm

To be honest, I think the worst book i've ever read is cujo by Stephen King. It's not very thrilling and drags out.
ITS TIME FOR THE SPAGHETTI.Im A Spooky Ghost Llama eating ur macaroni.

ImageImageImageImageImage
xUnderTheTrees

Postby Infinity » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:22 pm

Code Name Verity. Very hard to follow along with and you can't imagine whats going on. Plot-less and conflict-less.
Animator, Artist.

Infinity

Postby Neverwhere Nevermore » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:53 am

DarkStarWolf53 wrote:So far, the worst book I've ever read was :The Fault in Our Stars" (assigned reading).

Yeah, it was pretty bad. The characters did not talk like teenagers, and instead talked like pretentious, pseudo-intellectual wannabe-philosophers (especially you, Augustus).

Still not even close to the worst book I've read. That honor would go to Antigua. It's a fantasy book that reads like a bad fanfic. The amazon page I linked to has an excerpt:

"Vorltrarr let out such a loud noise that the ground shook! Then fire came right out of his nostrils. The Wizard Thandorfur held his mighty wand up toward the sky and yelled, "Mighty clouds of the sky, I call upon you to bring forth lightening to destroy the Dragon Vorltrarr!" Large lightening bolts came out of the clouds toward Vorltrarr. One lightening bolt struck Vorltrarr and wounded him, but it didn't destroy him!"

That was an exact quote. No, it wasn't a quote by a character with poor grammar, that's how the entire book is written. I swear I'm not making this up. And that quote doesn't even begin to show the overuse of exclamation points in this book.

Everybody should read this book. It'll be the worst book you've ever read, but it sure does have entertainment value.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Neverwhere Nevermore

Postby carmel » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:14 am

The worst book I've ever read has to be 'Love, Aubrey'. It was terribly written and the storyline is unoriginal and boring. It was an assigned reading, which I'm pretty sure the book is a children's novel and we're seniors.
carmel

Postby Polly44 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:51 pm

I really want to say "The Twilight Saga", but honestly the books really weren't actually that bad. They were far from the best books i have ever read sure, but not the worst either.

Now technically "The Cursed Child" isn't a book per say as it's in the diabolically awful script format, but i loathed it. And this is coming from someone who adores the Harry Potter Series. The plot was rubbish, the characters were just bad (except Scorpius, who was awesome) however as i have only read it once, i can't really remember what else i hated so much. xD Just that i thought it was dreadful.

Actual books on the other hand....hmmm, i can't really remember which i would put as the worst i have ever read. Will have a think about it.
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Dragonfirespinner » Sun May 07, 2017 5:03 pm

Probably War and Peace by Tolstoy. I read it when I was 12 and hated it, then read it again a few years later to see if it was a maturity thing...nope, still hated it!
"Real names tell you the story of the things they belong to."
JRR Tolkien
Dragonfirespinner

Postby WhistPendragon » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:05 am

I would have to say the Warrior books.
I know that's practically blasphemy, but they (at least the third and fourth series) were awful. The character developement was weak, and it felt like the author was just trying to get through another book. The plot didn't make sense. (I still hold the first and some of the second series as dear to me, they were good-at least to my childish mind).
WhistPendragon

Postby Coyote » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:24 pm

WhistPendragon wrote:I would have to say the Warrior books.
I know that's practically blasphemy, but they (at least the third and fourth series) were awful. The character developement was weak, and it felt like the author was just trying to get through another book. The plot didn't make sense. (I still hold the first and some of the second series as dear to me, they were good-at least to my childish mind).

Nah, I think you have plenty of good reasons to not love the latest Warrior series. I had a similar experience. I really enjoyed the first series, but as the books went on, I noticed a lot of lazy writing. The characters seemed flat and their motivations made less and less sense. The lore that was established early in the series grew muddy and contradictory with no clear reason why so many "rules" of the Warrior world were broken later on. I really got the sense that the love disappeared from the series as it went on, and instead each book was just a way to keep milking the franchise.
    I love Warrior cats, which is why I was disappointed with the direction the books went in throughout the later published series.
x《▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃》
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
▅▄▀
▅▄▀