Choose Your Own Adventure~

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Choose Your Own Adventure~

Postby Darkcrescendo » Tue May 31, 2016 1:05 am

I recently found some text based games and interactive stories and such and I've become really hooked on them. Especially the "Choice" series(like Choice of the Dragon, etc.). I was wondering if anyone else out there love playing these?

Hello! My name is Darkcrescendo, also known as Seto! I go by he/him, and write mostly horror/tragedy. Feel free to DM me at anytime,
I'm always up for some chatting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Art commissions are currently closed!
Darkcrescendo

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure~

Postby Silverhart » Tue May 31, 2016 1:21 am

Ooh! Ooh! Me! I haven't played any in a long time, but every once in a while I get the urge to play and go hunting for a good one - usually when I'm on vacation. I've played Choice of Dragon, and Choice of Broadsides (Of course - I'm such a nerd XP), and probably others that I don't remember.

I always wanted to try making one myself, but I feel like my head would explode from trying to code it. It'd be pretty awesome though.

Are there any you would recommend? Might be fun to do a few this summer.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Darkcrescendo » Tue May 31, 2016 1:27 am

Silverhart wrote:Ooh! Ooh! Me! I haven't played any in a long time, but every once in a while I get the urge to play and go hunting for a good one - usually when I'm on vacation. I've played Choice of Dragon, and Choice of Broadsides (Of course - I'm such a nerd XP), and probably others that I don't remember.

I always wanted to try making one myself, but I feel like my head would explode from trying to code it. It'd be pretty awesome though.

Are there any you would recommend? Might be fun to do a few this summer.

For horror you should try this one:
http://chooseyourstory.com/story/The-On ... are-Flames

And quite honestly, they're not that hard to make on that above site...make an account and just make it lol
Just don't try advanced yet.

Let me dig up some more of my favorites...x3

Hello! My name is Darkcrescendo, also known as Seto! I go by he/him, and write mostly horror/tragedy. Feel free to DM me at anytime,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darkcrescendo

Postby Silverhart » Tue May 31, 2016 3:03 am

I'm not a horror fan, but I'll check it out when I have the time. ^^

The site seems interesting, so I signed up to explore it a bit.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Darkcrescendo » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:12 am

Yay! You make a story...I'll help! I'm pretty good with everything :)

Darkcrescendo

Postby ιηƒιηιтє. » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:08 am

Are you talking about the novels on choiceofgames? cx Gosh, I love them!!! I've been playing them for quite a while, and I've bought a majourity of them off of their website. xP

Recommendations off of the choice of games site would be the Heroes Rise series, Choice of Robots, and Choice of the deathless. In my opinion, these three are the most well written and versatile games that the publishers have ever put out(except for the latest heroes rise installment but let's just forget about that); if you aren't convinced, choice of Robots has, like, five times the amount of reviews some of the more mediocre games have. Just compare it to, say, choice of the petal throne, or perhaps the Orpheus Ruse. XD

Oh, and I forgot to mention! A very good free one is Creatures Such As We; it's very heavy on psychological subjects but I found it very well written. c:
ιηƒιηιтє.
Gay and proud.

- - - -
I refuse to submit to
the ridiculousness that is
Burying your gays,
For the community in media
should be a reflection of our lives
not lead to the stomach,
not death by disease
not a standard so often given
that it assumes a stereotyped name.

I refuse to bow to my apparent fate,
of death simply waiting for love,
of that love unrequited;
I will never quit,
and I weep for those
that felt like they had to.
I weep for those butchered
by a pixelated pen.

- - - -

Clexa | Camren | Cophine | Bumbleby | Cartinelli
Sleeping Warrior | Doccubus | Mikaanie | Hollstein
Emison | Beronica | Wayhaught | Korrasami | Shoot

Want a chance to win this (and more!) in a giveaway? Click!
Want to comission me? Send me a PM!
A forever tribute to Monty Oum. RIP ~

CS

TR

IG

SM

TT

ιηƒιηιтє.

Postby Darkcrescendo » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:58 pm

ιηƒιηιтє. wrote:
    Are you talking about the novels on choiceofgames? cx Gosh, I love them!!! I've been playing them for quite a while, and I've bought a majourity of them off of their website. xP

Recommendations off of the choice of games site would be the Heroes Rise series, Choice of Robots, and Choice of the deathless. In my opinion, these three are the most well written and versatile games that the publishers have ever put out(except for the latest heroes rise installment but let's just forget about that); if you aren't convinced, choice of Robots has, like, five times the amount of reviews some of the more mediocre games have. Just compare it to, say, choice of the petal throne, or perhaps the Orpheus Ruse. XD

Oh, and I forgot to mention! A very good free one is Creatures Such As We; it's very heavy on psychological subjects but I found it very well written. c:

Oh gosh I love those xD

And yes I was talking about them at first but ooohhh!
I found this site where you can also make your own choose your stories
I'm not very good at it but other people are xD
Its called Chooseyourstory.com
And its AWESOME

Darkcrescendo

Postby VioletStormm » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:10 pm

metahuman inc was a prety good one
VioletStormm

Postby Polly44 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:51 pm

Oh, i rather like these as well! The Choice Of The Dragon/Broadside ones were especially good. I haven't gone through them for ages though as they are on my old iPod and i don't use it anymore.
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Livingdebgirl » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:17 pm

I also like the choose your own adventure type games, and although I have heard of the ones mentioned above, I have never played them. But I will certainly check them out now! Thanks for the suggestions!
I have been involved in several forum based ones on other sites, they were fun!
The OP would create a scenario/story and offer 3 choices of possible directions. The people would vote on which way the story goes. The OP would write the next part that was chosen and create more choices at the end. It went on until that particular story was finished.
It would great to get one going here!^^
Come visit my thread for raffles, giveaways, contests and fun!

Edgecliff Estate

Coming soon to a theater near You!
New Adventure! Blakkrfolds Blight! Open!
New Adventure!

Trade me! Edgecliff Estate Trade Thread

Edgecliff Estate RP!

Stamps Courtesy of Sphye!
ImageImageImageImage
Livingdebgirl

Next

Return to Entertainment