Pokemon GO Players Unite!

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Re: Pokemon GO Players Unite!

Postby Archer » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:27 pm

Percifrax wrote:
Archer wrote:That feature is currently glitched from what I understand so all pokemon will show as being three paws away even if they're actually closer unfortunately. ^^'

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up! So do you know if they're still listed from closest to farthest or is that feature also affected by this bug?

I'm actually not sure on that part unfortunately!

Hello! :)
If you have any questions
or concerns, or just
want to chat, feel free to
PM me.

Important Links and
Threads

Guides & Tutorials

To watch and protect.

Image Image Image
Archer
Global Moderator

Postby VermontVampyre » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:27 am

Archer wrote:
Percifrax wrote:
Archer wrote:That feature is currently glitched from what I understand so all pokemon will show as being three paws away even if they're actually closer unfortunately. ^^'

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up! So do you know if they're still listed from closest to farthest or is that feature also affected by this bug?

I'm actually not sure on that part unfortunately!

I've had pokemon that were first in my list (closest) that weren't showing and then the next 1-3 pokemon on the list were all in view. So it may be glitched as well.

Got a new phone...was tired of the stupid iPhone abruptly crashing my apps if I so much as sneezed on it. Was able to get into gyms today...though they still weren't working (bf said he had had the same issue recently). Tried bolstering a Team Mystic gym (first I've seen in days) but they wiped out my pokemon XD. My bf managed to get in and fight a valor gym...I immediately sneaked my Victreebel in to claim it as soon as he neutralized it and then he bolstered with his pidgeot. We owned that gym for about 2 hours XD
Hey guys I'm new! Let's be friends :D
VermontVampyre

Postby ιηƒιηιтє. » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:41 am

What is this, all this news about Mystic being an underdog? Everything I've experienced/heard thus far has been about Mystic being too "mainstream". xP

Has anyone experienced any "turf wars" yet? Team shirts have become very common in my area(and very cheap to acquire), and before I left on my trip I remember there being groups of more than ten Mystics and Valors just swarming a gym and yelling at each other. xP (Instinct was there, too, but like... not enough to be important. cx)
ιηƒιηιтє.
Gay and proud.

- - - -
I refuse to submit to
the ridiculousness that is
Burying your gays,
For the community in media
should be a reflection of our lives
not lead to the stomach,
not death by disease
not a standard so often given
that it assumes a stereotyped name.

I refuse to bow to my apparent fate,
of death simply waiting for love,
of that love unrequited;
I will never quit,
and I weep for those
that felt like they had to.
I weep for those butchered
by a pixelated pen.

- - - -

Clexa | Camren | Cophine | Bumbleby | Cartinelli
Sleeping Warrior | Doccubus | Mikaanie | Hollstein
Emison | Beronica | Wayhaught | Korrasami | Shoot

Want a chance to win this (and more!) in a giveaway? Click!
Want to comission me? Send me a PM!
A forever tribute to Monty Oum. RIP ~

CS

TR

IG

SM

TT

ιηƒιηιтє.

Postby VermontVampyre » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:19 pm

So yeah the entire nearby list is borked ;-; my nearby list reads 'eevee, rhyhorn, golbat, caterpie, pidgey, eevee, thus the 2 closest pokemon to me should be eevee and rhyhorn. I have 2 pokemon showing on my over world map....caterpie and pidgey ;-; I need the rhyhorn for its candies :'(
Hey guys I'm new! Let's be friends :D
VermontVampyre

Postby KisaWolfz » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:30 am

I am just now seeing this!
I am a Team Mystic member, and have been playing since it came out.

My best pokemon is my 1,500 CP Arcanine. I am level 21.

I just really wish Niantic would fix the tracking system. It was such a great feature, and blindly catching pokemon doesn't work. Pokemon showing on nearby aren't even correct half of the time anyways.
KisaWolfz

Postby Percifrax » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:08 am

KisaWolfz wrote:
I am just now seeing this!
I am a Team Mystic member, and have been playing since it came out.

My best pokemon is my 1,500 CP Arcanine. I am level 21.

I just really wish Niantic would fix the tracking system. It was such a great feature, and blindly catching pokemon doesn't work. Pokemon showing on nearby aren't even correct half of the time anyways.

It's really difficult having to wander all over the place blindly to find Pokemon... I also wish they waited to make all of the third-party Pokemon radar apps go down until after they fixed the radar. I understand that those apps can make things a bit unfair, but with the broken tracking system they were all that we had to track Pokemon.

On a brighter note, I had a really good day recently and hatched a Snorlax and Pikachu within minutes of each other! I was so happy (and still am)!
Flight RisingChickenSmoothie
He/him • ENFP • Team Mystic • Hufflepuff
Percifrax

Postby Rees » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:35 pm

I'm a team Mystic member, and I'm level six. I haven't been playing too much, since I've been really busy.

There's a new tracking system now, which I think is amazing. What do you guys think about it?
Rees

Postby scmarshtacky » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:57 pm

Kain. wrote:
I'm a team Mystic member, and I'm level six. I haven't been playing too much, since I've been really busy.

There's a new tracking system now, which I think is amazing. What do you guys think about it?

I reserve judgment on the new system for now. I just looked it up to see what exactly the new tracking system is, and it seems that it shows Pokémon near pokestops? That seems useful if you're in or near an area that's somewhat dense in Pokestops. But I'm a bit more out in the country, where pokestops are fairly sparse, so for me, I feel like this really isn't much of a change from the previous system. XD

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Postby Bunnymund » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:31 am

scmarshtacky wrote:
Kain. wrote:

I reserve judgment on the new system for now. I just looked it up to see what exactly the new tracking system is, and it seems that it shows Pokémon near pokestops? That seems useful if you're in or near an area that's somewhat dense in Pokestops. But I'm a bit more out in the country, where pokestops are fairly sparse, so for me, I feel like this really isn't much of a change from the previous system. XD

It's a nice layout but still not good, I was trying to find a porygon that was on my sightings list and I had no idea which way to go. It sucks because I really wanted that Porygon but as soon as I went in a direction it left :/
It's still not as accurate as to what's nearby either as I had no pidgeys or rattatas on my sightings list yet I found 3 of each all in one spot.
And I haven't been able to catch a pokemon in days, I throw the pokeball and as soon as I catch it it hops out and runs :/ (Lost a Kangaskhan due to this ;c been searching for that one for ages too but it ran too. It would've been my highest cp pokemon as well being over 1000cp). The glitch seems worse now because I can't even catch the weedles and caterpies which I got in one shot.
Idk all up I think the new update is much worse, it's nice but ?? it didn't solve a thing?? It only made things worse?? (though I really like the grass and stop images though, haven't seen any pokemon show up with a stop image but it's nice. [Some stops might be a bit difficult to tell apart because they're plaques and like I'd be able to find them if the plaques weren't recently removed due to renovations and upgrades to the footpath?? So half the time I have to guess where the pokestops are, which have me in a confused mess because the council decided to remove all the memorial plaques and move them somewhere else. /enter that one Travolta meme here/])
I also had a haunter and a gengar pop up on my radar and was super disappointed when I couldn't find those either.

With my poor pokemon luck I haven't managed to evolve anything decent recently though.
But some decent stuff I have evolved are; Jolteon, Seaking, Starmie, Kingler, Flareon, maybe some others but I can't remember.
Some mediocre evolves; Beedrill, Butterfree (though I really liked this one, I hunted far and wide for metapods and caterpies to sacrifice for candies and was so happy to finally evolve it!), venomoth, maybe a few others but I can't remember.
I haven't even been able to find a magikarp, they used to spawn a lot along the beach where I lived but ever since the nests were changed they've been spotted in bushes and stuff near the schools as well as shopping centres (there are no pokestops there so I'm usually out of pokeballs by time I get to the bushland :S) Lol why would they change the spawn point for the magikarps at the beach? Like it's water?? The only stuff I find there now are like venonats, caterpies, weedles, pidgeys and rattatas xD Loll the beach isn't even a home to water pokemon anymore, though that's where most of the gyms and stops are :/ along the beach and boardwalk?? Haha xD
-My Xanje profile
-Hoarding Stage 1 pygmy Jackalopes

Bunnymund

Postby SkyTheCreator » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:01 am

I use my social worker's phone- I walked for a good 3 hours with my friend and caught like...... 36 Pokémon. Instinct, Inscinct for the win- the team leader is just so innocent-
SkyTheCreator

Previous

Return to Entertainment