The 'Is this a fair trade?' thread.

All Eldemore trading, such as monthly and event swaps, should be posted here.

How would you rate the advice and help given on the thread?

100%
21%
90-99%
34%
80-89%
23%
70-79%
6%
60-69%
2%
50-59%
4%
Lower then 50%
11%

Total votes : 140

Re: The 'Is this a fair trade?' thread.

Postby cjr09 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:05 pm

Silverfang wrote:
Zick3 wrote:
Calliope wrote:Hi! This isn't so much 'is this a fair trade' but 'is this a fair /fun / possible way to trade'?
I've got myself a little stash of bazaar pets, and I'd like to have a full set of Halloween pets. My idea was to offer one Elkrin flame female, one male and one Phoenix drake (that's 3 ultra-rares) to a team of 3 people who team up- however they want to do it- to give me a full Halloween set, because...
It gets people playing together
It gets me a Halloween set
It gets people a bazaar pet that they may not otherwise be able to trade for
It doesn't involve trading pets from other sites
It's fair because -everyone - in the team gets a bazaar pet.

I'm looking for your thoughts on whether this would work as a trade! Oh and whether 3 bazaar pets are worth a Halloween set or if I'd need to throw in more.
Thanks!

In my opinion, three Bazaar pets are worth more than just one halloween set ;)

Definitely. Bazaar pets are bought with real money, where as Halloween pets can be adopted freely.

And most of us that got Halloween pets got about 18 million of them~
cjr09

Postby Calliope » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:29 pm

Did you! Oh :D ! Thanks for the thoughts so far everyone...
Well, maybe the game is 2 bazaar pets for a full Halloween set, let people team up how they like? I just wouldn't want it to be a burden on one person collecting a whole set to give me - though I guess they could if they wanted. After all, it needs to be attractive enough offer so that I manage to actually get a whole set:)
Lovely lovely Elkrin!
Calliope

Postby Distortionist » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:46 pm

It might be possible for you to ask for 2 whole sets, or 1 and a half, depending on how you split up the bazaar pets ^-^
***Offering FR treasure/stuff, artwork, or older trades for this month's outcomes, token, and event pets***
Birthday Nov. 30

Watch Me Grow! wrote:ImageImage
Trading Guidelines wrote:
Some things you should know before you hit trade C:
- Mass accumulating ligers is my ultimate goal -
- Nothing I only have one of is for trade unless overpay -
- Baubles are appreciated, but not needed -
Distortionist

Postby Calliope » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:48 pm

Well everyone, I've decided to trade 2 bazaar pets for a full Halloween set plus any 2 August pets. I've made a separate thread in the trade forum, called Calliope's Bizarre Bazaar.
Please have a look if you want to trade - I'm trying to make it fun if I can. I guess it will depend on how many users there are on the site who want those pets.
Lovely lovely Elkrin!
Calliope

Postby CertainNorth » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:29 pm

I have a question more suited to a "How much is this worth in Baubles?" thread, but lacking that for now, I figured it would be okay to post here?

I'd like the Blue rune, the blue adult rune from August. It is uncommon. The user only wants Baubles, but neither of us are sure about how Baubles translate to pets. I'm considering an amount but really, I'm wondering what others would offer.

I know it's mostly opinion based, but I just figured I'd ask for other opinions. :). Thanks
I have baubles for WL pets. I buy Eld pets for FR treasure/gems! Typically WL
Always trading my CS pets/items for Eldemore
I am a gamer and game designer. I am usually busy with work and am a casual Eld player
CertainNorth

Postby cjr09 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:47 pm

Ah, the baubles question.

In my personal opinion, not much.

Baubles are bought with real life money and all the pets you get from them are ultra rare- even though August pets are in high demand, have you seen what the bazzar pets go for.

Since we don't have many pets to go by and this is, as you said, down to opinion, I think it'd be worth like 5 Baubles at the most- probably not even one, just because Baubles are so hard to get and are bought with actual money. You're free to disagree- I'm by no means an expert, and this is only my opinion- but this is the best I can do.

Think about CS- since most of us come from there- to get any decent amount of CS Dollars you need to offer quite a few rares or something on the rares list. Or something.

Anyone else? Am I totally wrong?
cjr09

Postby Mouse » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:37 pm

cjr09 wrote:Ah, the baubles question.

Baubles are bought with real life money and all the pets you get from them are ultra rare- even though August pets are in high demand, have you seen what the bazzar pets go for.

Since we don't have many pets to go by and this is, as you said, down to opinion, I think it'd be worth like 5 Baubles at the most- probably not even one, just because Baubles are so hard to get and are bought with actual money. You're free to disagree- I'm by no means an expert, and this is only my opinion- but this is the best I can do.

Think about CS- since most of us come from there- to get any decent amount of CS Dollars you need to offer quite a few rares or something on the rares list. Or something.

I also would say 4-5 at the most, at least for the time being.
Mouse

Postby Silverfang » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:21 pm

Mouse wrote:
cjr09 wrote:Ah, the baubles question.

I also would say 4-5 at the most, at least for the time being.

To be honest, i'd say barely one...anyone could have gotten the blue rune, but very few are actually willing to buy baubles.
Me, for my dreams.

You, for your dreams.
Silverfang

Postby Distortionist » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:47 pm

I'm inclined to disagree. How willing people are to buy baubles is irrelevant to the worth. While it might not be as high as 5, 3 sounds about right.
***Offering FR treasure/stuff, artwork, or older trades for this month's outcomes, token, and event pets***
Birthday Nov. 30

Watch Me Grow! wrote:ImageImage
Trading Guidelines wrote:
Some things you should know before you hit trade C:
- Mass accumulating ligers is my ultimate goal -
- Nothing I only have one of is for trade unless overpay -
- Baubles are appreciated, but not needed -
Distortionist

Postby CertainNorth » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:49 pm

Thanks for the thoughts all!

I agree that baubles are worth a lot since real money comes out of pocket and is meant to be a way to allow the people who give to the site to get extra special prize out of that. If I trade real money, I tend to let the person trading money determine how much to offer at a fair price to them, since they need to feel they get their money's worth, which can vary from person to person.

Even including August pet demand and that it is uncommon, I would probably agree 5B is a good amount. The way I'm looking at it right now is something like this:

Beta glasswork: at least 51B+
Ultra Rares: 30-50B
Rare: 8-20B?
Uncommon: 3-7B
Common/Ultra Common: 1-2B (if any)

This is keeping in mind that 20B is $1 USA and not accounting for age of pets. I know it's too soon to set anything in stone, but opinions on how this looks? This is more so I don't need to keep asking over and over lol

Thanks again guys!

-Tendency
Last edited by CertainNorth on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have baubles for WL pets. I buy Eld pets for FR treasure/gems! Typically WL
Always trading my CS pets/items for Eldemore
I am a gamer and game designer. I am usually busy with work and am a casual Eld player
CertainNorth

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore Trading