Trade Aid Rarity List

All Eldemore trading, such as monthly and event swaps, should be posted here.

Re: Trade Aid Rarity List

Postby Aralas » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:26 am

Catfight wrote:
RedAutumnLeaf wrote:
I'm very sorry if this question does not belong here, but how does this list translate into ChickenSmoothie? What would pets on this list equal in terms of CS List pets?

I think this would be interesting to know, and convenient for offsite trading. Maybe convert a pet like the Elderwind into baubles, then C$, then see how much it is worth on the CS rares list ^^ Maybe a Sunjewel? I'm new to this site too, so I'm not sure about the conversions.

Converting creatures like an Elderwind into a Sunjewel is extremely hard to do at this point in time because people kind of pay what they can, there's no set conversion rate. If you wanted a conversion rate it would cost $95 to buy enough C$ to purchase the Sunjewel (1800C$) but it would only cost $50 to buy the Elderwind. (1200 baubles) Twelve hundred baubles is quite a bit of overpay, actually.

Going off of this information, it would be about two nons and a sorbet = One Elderwind. There's just one problem. No one pays that little for an Elderwind. They're seem to be going for as little as a dogtag to as much as a sunjewel, even higher in some cases.
Staff Member from 2014 to 2017.
This site will always hold a special place in my heart. Unfortunately, I'll no longer be able to remain an active member, but I wish you all the very, very best.
Aralas

Postby Mira » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:18 pm

I suggest that the golden humming bumble will include here too! :)

Mira

Postby Oriel » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:36 pm

Aralas wrote:
Catfight wrote:
RedAutumnLeaf wrote:
I'm very sorry if this question does not belong here, but how does this list translate into ChickenSmoothie? What would pets on this list equal in terms of CS List pets?

I think this would be interesting to know, and convenient for offsite trading. Maybe convert a pet like the Elderwind into baubles, then C$, then see how much it is worth on the CS rares list ^^ Maybe a Sunjewel? I'm new to this site too, so I'm not sure about the conversions.

Converting creatures like an Elderwind into a Sunjewel is extremely hard to do at this point in time because people kind of pay what they can, there's no set conversion rate. If you wanted a conversion rate it would cost $95 to buy enough C$ to purchase the Sunjewel (1800C$) but it would only cost $50 to buy the Elderwind. (1200 baubles) Twelve hundred baubles is quite a bit of overpay, actually.

Going off of this information, it would be about two nons and a sorbet = One Elderwind. There's just one problem. No one pays that little for an Elderwind. They're seem to be going for as little as a dogtag to as much as a sunjewel, even higher in some cases.

There's some faulty economics logic here. What it means is that baubles are currently subject to inflation (i.e. lower purchasing power) in comparison to C$. The discrepancy in trade value is just a symptom of that.

There's a reason we use dollars as legal tender. If someone wants to pay about $100 for something, that should convert neatly into each site currency if the economy is healthy and accurately reflects the state of a market. If it doesn't, that's more a problem with the site currency than the conversion process, itself.

For more on the theory and applications, as well as a practical example, I suggest reading this article and then making salient comparisons with the Eldemore trading situation. The sad fact is that it is probably near impossible to buy an Elderwind with on-site Eldemore currency. The only trades people are making for the most valuable pets tend to be offsite. Make of that what you will.

Edit: 'Only' is an overstatement. But there is an observable trend in the 'What did you pay for your ____' thread.
Oriel

Postby Sarill » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:55 pm

Hi Jen ^.^ I'm aware that everything with events is really busy, but I just wanted to let you know that the links to the pictures on the first page are all broken. I'm not sure if you knew, and I know that everything's hectic with the wonderful spring event, but I figured I'd say something anyway :)
Deo <3
Sarill

Postby Starrywish » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:34 am

The links are fine to me :)
Starrywish

Postby Sarill » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:30 pm

Starrywish wrote:The links are fine to me :)

It gives me "This webpage is not available," so I'm not sure. Our code wizard should be able to figure it out when he has time ^.^
Deo <3
Sarill

Postby vencrypt » Sat May 16, 2015 1:09 pm

is this like the rares list on CS? I'm very confused :/
vencrypt

Postby Sphye » Sat May 16, 2015 1:12 pm

its_eevee2 wrote:is this like the rares list on CS? I'm very confused :/

Kind of, but based on the actual numbers of each of the listed pets in existence rather than factoring in demand. ^u^
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby vencrypt » Sat May 16, 2015 1:30 pm

oh I see, so when this site grows older (like CS) are pets going to start getting into demand and all that? I've already started keeping one of every monthly outcome based on my experience in CS.
vencrypt

Postby Sphye » Sat May 16, 2015 2:06 pm

its_eevee2 wrote:oh I see, so when this site grows older (like CS) are pets going to start getting into demand and all that? I've already started keeping one of every monthly outcome based on my experience in CS.

This list is meant to to help members with the actual rarity only, since demand varies from person to person.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore Trading