Doctor Who Fanclub

Form clubs, armies, and have discussions centered around your favorite subjects.

Re: Doctor Who Fanclub

Postby kitten441 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:08 am

Bowtie's are awesome!!!
Image Image

kitten441

Postby interestingword » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:11 am

kitten441 wrote:Bowtie's are awesome!!!

no, bowties are cool!
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting
podcast fiend, dungeon master
and wildlife ecology major~
my fave pronouns are he/??

ask me about snakes!

mkairalla1 is my parabatai!
Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Postby remix. » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:15 pm

interestingword wrote:
kitten441 wrote:Bowtie's are awesome!!!

no, bowties are cool!

OBJECTION !! Fezzes are cooler.
ImageImage
mix // newsies trash // wip sig
remix.

Postby Startedraining » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:14 pm

The new doctor would be better if the plotlines weren't so complicated I think
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Silverhart » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:42 pm

I kind of like the complicated plotlines. ^^ I've been thoroughly enjoying all the episodes, especially 'Listen'. That's been my favorite of this season so far.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:44 pm

I like when plotlines are complicated cause most of the time if they are complicated enough I cant predict what happens next, unfortunately the most recent doctor whos havent quite made that standard yet, like this last episode was pretty predictable except I somehow missed the clones plot.
If a king doesn't move, how can his subordinates be expected to follow.

FrighteningAsuna

Postby Polly44 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:46 pm

I'm not enjoying the new series and i am not 100% sure why. I don't really like Peter Capaldi as the Doctor very much, even though he is a great actor i just don't think he suits the role. He isn't bad at it, but he is no where near David Tennant or Matt Smith......he is better than Christopher Eccelston though.

And the plots are just..........egh at the moment. Although i've not watched the last two as i just don't want to right now. (We recorded them both though.)
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby interestingword » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:59 pm

I have yet tom watch Capaldi, (soon...or at least, someday...) but have seen spoilers for the first episode and find it confusing and awesome. I'm glad they kept some previous characters in there. Not entirely sure what's happening in one of them or why it's so similar to another, earlier episode (*suspicious glances at writers*) but I look forward to what they'll do in the future, considering the fact that Capaldi was in "the fires of Pompeii."
He seems to be an excellent actor and fits the role well, and is also as old as William Hartnell was when he took on the role, which I find an interesting fact that makes things go in a pleasant loop.
as for he plots, well, I can't speak entirely for them but they seem pretty good.
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting
podcast fiend, dungeon master
and wildlife ecology major~
my fave pronouns are he/??

ask me about snakes!

mkairalla1 is my parabatai!
Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Postby Silverhart » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:14 pm

I haven't found them too predictable yet. The last two's endings took me by pleasant surprise. 'Robot of Sherwood', was a little weak, but I still enjoyed it. All of the others I've really loved. I'm actually really happy to have a bunch of different little stories, since a lot of the last few seasons seemed to use a lot of episodes to tell one story. I like those episodes just fine, but I really like the episodes that can stand on their own. Those have always been some of my favorites.

'Time Heist' did feel a little rushed, especially around the middle. I would've liked to have more time with the two other characters, and maybe a little more explanation. But I'm quick to forgive stuff like that. They only have an hour after all. XP

And I love Capaldi so far. I think he does an excellent job. I can see the other Doctors in him, and he seems to have just as much energy as 10 and 11, which I like, except less... maniac energy. I like that he's a bit grumpy and standoffish as well. XP I think it works for him.

Although the subplot with Mr. Danny Pink is starting to get on my nerves. Get in the TARDIS already Danny! No one cares about your love life. We want to see aliens and planets and adventure and stuff. I want to see you do something actiony, and you know, actually be in the plot. You're so boring right now.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:38 pm

@polly

I really like capaldi, hes not david but I find he fits the role, since the doctor does change between regenerations. Some people dont like that and some are fine, for me I couldnt stand Matt for most the reasons eleven fans loved him. And I like ecclestons seriousness when most people didnt like him because of it. (Again a lot of the matt fans I have met.)

I personally wasnt a fan of listen, except for poor Rupert and orson (reminds me of mork and mindy, I miss that show.).

@sting
I hope you enjoy them.

@silver

Well, I actually like Danny because he is funny, but I agree it would be much more interesting to get him in the TARDIS.
If a king doesn't move, how can his subordinates be expected to follow.

FrighteningAsuna

PreviousNext

Return to Fans, Clubs, and Armies