Crystal Gems HQ {A Steven Universe fanthread}

Form clubs, armies, and have discussions centered around your favorite subjects.

Crystal Gems HQ {A Steven Universe fanthread}

Postby Commander Shepard » Wed May 06, 2015 2:48 am

What is Steven Universe?
Airing since late 2013, Steven Universe is an original series on Cartoon Network, created by Rebecca Sugar (who was best known for her work on adventure time, including What Was Missing & Simon and Marcy). It follows the story of Steven Universe, a young boy who is half human, and half Gem (a race of magical... well, gemstones!) as he tries to master his powers and protect the world from various threats. Or just help out in the local donut shop.

Episodes run from magical adventure to intense character study to just fun little stories, and as the series progresses, it's not afraid to delve into some serious drama. But it always manages to stay optimistic, and usually you'll find a great song or three too!

... but if you're here, odds are high you already know that much, right? :P So here's a thread where we can discuss episodes, theories, share fanart and fanfic, discuss ships, gemsonas, all that good stuff :D

Rules:
1. Be the person Steven believes you can be. Be respectful, be polite, don't steal art/etc, just the basics, y'know?
2. Keep things El-appropriate. That's... pretty self-explanatory xD This includes links to fanart and fanfiction, as well as videos! (and a tip for youtube videos, add 'repeat' after youtube to direct to a version without comments. Example: https://www.youtuberepeat.com/watch?v=yREa2UyiTwU)
3. Art may be reposted once every three pages. (I may raise or lower this, depending on how fast this thread moves). Please do not leave critique ('you should do this' or the like) unless the artist/author requests crit.
4. If you are sharing fanart/fiction you did not create, please do so by linking to the source, not an image in-thread! (If it's your own work, then you may post an image on-thread ^^)
5. One image per post, please. (As in, only one posted image/gif/etc per post, links can go however many you like. This is to be kind to users with slower computers/internet caps, the loading can get pretty awful ^^; )
6. Not a spoiler free zone! Sorry to say D: But yeah, while you can hide recent spoilers (like, after a new episode's just aired) with the [color=transparent] trick if you want, it's not required.
7.Rules may be changed at any point because Shepard often overlooks things |D

I'm not going to be keeping a member list or the like, sinceeeee honestly I just don't see the point xD If you're a fan, you're a fan, that's all there is to it x3 However, I will occasionally run polls, maybe even contests! And of course, a little suggested intro for those new to the thread :)

Code: Select all
[center][size=85][b]Username/Nickname:[/b]
[b]Favorite character(s):[/b]
[b]Favorite episode:[/b]
[b]Any headcanons?[/b]
[b]Any ships?[/b]
[b]If you were a Gem, what would you be?[/b] (as in, based on any gemstone, not just canon xD)[/size][/center]
(They/he/she)
Call me Shepard or Paine!

...art|| trade
.Shep || -
...You can fight
...like a krogan
run like a leopard
but you'll never be better
than Commander Shepard!

...by viddi
...Image
Commander Shepard

Re: Crystal Gems HQ {A Steven Universe fanthread}

Postby Commander Shepard » Wed May 06, 2015 2:55 am

To answer my own post...

Username/Nickname: Commander Shepard; call me Paine or Shepard ^^
Favorite character(s): Amethyst. I like every character, but Amethyst is one of those ones who I relate to on a really deep level so she gets this spot xD (I'm also very fond of Ruby and Opal.)
Favorite episode: Proooobably Jail Break, though Reformed and On The Run are up pretty high!
Any headcanons? Ooooh a great many |D I'm very fond of the manufactured Pearl theory, but for personal ones... well my most recent one is 'Amethyst's last form probably had the asymmetric strap just to bug Pearl'. (and also that Amethyst/other Kindergarten Gems would've been meant to be literal parasites, mainly due to the fact that she can and does eat so much/just kind of use up resources and all)
Any ships? Ruby/Sapphire is a given |D I'm also very into Pearl/Amethyst, and... I'm slowly getting less ashamed of just how intensely I ship Lapis and Peridot....
If you were a Gem, what would you be? Hematoid quartz (crystal quartz with inclusions of hematite :>)

I've also done art :D Some stuff I've put up on my DA: Flowery Amethyst, Lapidot dance, fancy amethyst, and Ruby/Sapphire.
(They/he/she)

...art|| trade
.Shep || -
...You can fight
...like a krogan
run like a leopard
than Commander Shepard!

...by viddi
...Image
Commander Shepard

Postby Grifforik » Wed May 20, 2015 2:05 pm

Username/Nickname: Grifforik, or Griffie
Favorite character(s): I LOVE Garnet. Though Amethyst is is more like me XD And I love Steven too XD
Favorite episode: Jail break. Over everything else. XD I love meeting Ruby and Sapphire.
Any headcanons? Yes and no. I have a friend that's currently working on Steven Universe at Rooster teeth, so there are things that I have speculations on via him, but nothing solid XD
Any ships?
If you were a Gem, what would you be? Oh, I'd probably be fire Opal XD
Grifforik

Postby Startedraining » Wed May 20, 2015 3:25 pm

Username/Nickname: Startedraining/Cactus
Favorite character(s): Lion and Connie
Favorite episode: [sweats]
Any headcanons? Lion is a Rose's spirit guardian and therefore Steven's
Any ships? xD no
If you were a Gem, what would you be? Diamond or pearl.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Hyensa » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:04 pm

Whoa I love Steven Universe. *o*
<3
Hyensa

Postby Commander Shepard » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:30 pm

Welcome, y'all :D

So, in case you haven't heard the news yet, Steven Universe is coming back on June 15th-- yes that is a Monday, because we're getting another Stevenbomb that week 8D
(They/he/she)

...art|| trade
.Shep || -
...You can fight
...like a krogan
run like a leopard
than Commander Shepard!

...by viddi
...Image
Commander Shepard

Postby Sphye » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:57 pm

Commander Shepard wrote:
Welcome, y'all :D

So, in case you haven't heard the news yet, Steven Universe is coming back on June 15th-- yes that is a Monday, because we're getting another Stevenbomb that week 8D

Oh, dang, that's the only week this month that I won't be able to watch it all immediately. Oh well, that'll be something to do when I get back!
I'm super excited for the episode titled "Sworn to the Sword".
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Sarill » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:59 pm

Aww, I love this show! I didn't know it was coming back so soon! But SU is so amazing, I'm glad there's a thread for it!

Username/Nickname: Sarill
Favorite character(s): Square Mom! (Garnet)
Favorite episode: Do I have to pick? It would probably be Jailbreak, if I did.
Any headcanons? If Connie trained with a sword, she and Steven would make an amazing team
Any ships? Sapphire/Ruby XD Also, I kinda ship Steven/Connie, although I'm not super dedicated to that ship
If you were a Gem, what would you be? Aquamarine. I have a gemsona floating around somewhere that I'll post here if anyone wants to see.
Deo <3
Sarill

Postby Sphye » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:10 pm

Huh, I guess I forgot to fill out the intro form. I must have meant to and then closed the tab previously.

Username/Nickname:
Sphye. Whatever nicknames you can derive from that are fine, too.
Favorite character(s):
Connie and Pearl, Sapphire, and Peridot are all super cool. Choosing favorites from such a great pool of characters is tricky, though.
Favorite episode:
Mirror Gem or Future Vision.
Any headcanons?
I don't have any of my own. ^^'
Any ships?
Steven/Connie and Ruby/Sapphire. ^u^
If you were a Gem, what would you be? (as in, based on any gemstone, not just canon xD)
I haven't decided. I've considered Aventurine, but nothing really pops as being "me". I'd like to make a gemsona when I figure it out, but I don't know when that will be.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Commander Shepard » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:15 pm

Aaaaaah I'm so excited for Sworn to the Sword ;u; I just hope that it doesn't end like the last time Pearl tried to teach someone swordfighting xD And we get to see her arena again!

Also, has anyone seen the supposed summaries for the next few episodes? (spoiler-ish text below)

The one that gets me is the possible Friday one, 'Chille Tid'-- 'Steven and the Gems hope a slumber party will allow them some time to relax." First of all, a lot of people have noted that... most of the time, the summaries use 'Crystal Gems', but this is just... Gems? Second, that is WAY too calm a summary like. Last time we got something that sounded this lighthearted and relaxing, we got hit with On The Run, so I'm expecting things to take a nice sharp turn into sadness, horror, or some combo of both xD
(They/he/she)

...art|| trade
.Shep || -
...You can fight
...like a krogan
run like a leopard
than Commander Shepard!

...by viddi
...Image
Commander Shepard