Chicken Smoothie Chat V.1

Here you can discuss other virtual pet sites.

Re: Chickensmoothie?

Postby Luna-wolf » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:16 pm

I love CS and I'm totally addicted to it! :P
Luna-wolf

Postby corrosive_limes » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:38 pm

I also came here from cs. I still play cs. I could never give it up. I think the way this resembles CS is shocking! If it had an oekaki board the only thing different would be the name, and colors! And the pets, dont forget the pets...
corrosive_limes

Postby HornedDragon » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:24 pm

Ok guys,
I've seen many post about this, so here we go;
Eld is not copying Cs, Why?

Firstly, BOTH Chickenmsmoothie and Eldamore use the same PhpBB Host. There will be SOME similarities BUT that does not actually mean that Eld resembles nor did it copy CS in any way.
Think of it this way: Its just like saying that two sites hosted on Weebly are copying one another.

Secondly, Lets look at some of the reasons why a few people think Eld Resembles CS;

Quoted Directly from CS:

How did you make the website?

Tess originally learned HTML and CSS, then built the website using her coding knowledge in the HTML-editor Dreamweaver. The latest version of Dreamweaver is called Dreamweaver CS5 and can be found here. If you understand HTML, you can write your website using any free text editor instead, such as the excellent Notepad++. You can find some tutorials on HTML and other web technologies at w3schools.

Our current site was designed by Tess (using Photoshop), Nick wrote the code that powers the website behind the scenes using PHP.

Making adoptable pets is a bit complicated, but there are websites that make it easy to create your own growing pets. Check out myadopts.com and squiby.net. If you are very confident in HTML and know a little bit of PHP, you can try our more advanced growing pet tutorial for PHP.

Reasons :

1. "The forums look so similar to Chickensmoothie's"

Well, If you've done your home work, or at least read the posts against this, you'll find that BOTH CS and Eld use the same PhpBB host.

What does this mean? Well you see the PhPbb host that they both use are the 'host' (or the thing that allows) the forums to be live on the internet. Now i bet your saying, but HD this does not tell me why they look similar!
Actually it does. The Phpbb host is just like the free hosts of Free forums and Forumakers. The forums crated by both of these two hosts are just like the forums used by CS, are you telling me that merely because of the similarity of the layout, which is standard across almost all PhpBB forums, All of the sites who use these are copying CS?

The only thing that CS really owns in the base forum part of CS is the 'theme' IE the colors and pictures used in it, the layout is nothing more than a standard PhPBB layout, you can't honestly tell me that eld is Copying CS by using a standard layout most forums use.

2. "They both have Monthly adoptables"

I laughed when i saw this in someones reasons. Since when has Chickensmoothie owned the right to be the only site with monthly adoptables?

That would be like saying that Dragon Cave owns the rights to click-able eggs that grow into dragons or other beasts
I've seen plenty of sites who use this method also, a good examples being Magistream, Vally of unicorns,and Tale of Dragons. Or that click-able adopts are SOULY owned by Squibly.

It would also be like saying that Neopets are the only site that can have 'custom' adoptable pets. I used to use to be on a similar site called Marapets oddly similar? maybe but not once did they get told that they were EXACTLY like Neopets

FINALLY

This site is in its "Open Beta stage" Eldamore IS NOT FINISHED, it is just in the stage were it is workable and useable by you, and us, the users. Bena, Jen, and Zayin opened the site before it was complete because so many people were anxious for it's release. They did not have to do this, it was a treat for all of us to enjoy. I see no real striking similarities, and a few of the mods and staff on CS itself agree with me.
( did you know that there are actually a few members of CS staff on eldamore? They have been following the rune dragons since their start up on CS.)

Wouldn't you think that if they though Eldamore and Chickensmoothie were so very similar they would have notified one of the admins there themselves?

In the end, This is not a rant, I intended this as an informational post, Eld is NOT copying Chickensmoothie, and It holds no real striking resemblances to it. CS has no theme no background info, Eld does, Take the time to read the lore it's quite lovely. It is rude of you all to accuse Bena and Jen of copying Cs, and I know personally that you who do cause them great distress. They made this site for us, not for themselves, they get nothing out of it. But we do.
Life Asked death
" Why do people love me, but hate you? "
Death responded,
" Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth. "

Even when Earless
Remember, always stay Fearless

||||
HornedDragon

Postby Distortionist » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:28 pm

Bravo! I applaud that post <3 Thank you for saving me from my rant about everyone saying that. :roll:
***Offering FR treasure/stuff, artwork, or older trades for this month's outcomes, token, and event pets***
Birthday Nov. 30

Watch Me Grow! wrote:ImageImage
Trading Guidelines wrote:
Some things you should know before you hit trade C:
- Mass accumulating ligers is my ultimate goal -
- Nothing I only have one of is for trade unless overpay -
- Baubles are appreciated, but not needed -
Distortionist

Postby rainstorm » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:43 pm

:) I have noticed that the sites are similar, but I'm not complaining! I actually quite appreciated it because since I know how to play Chickensmoothie (I'm Secondchance) and how it is set up, I can learn to play quickly on this site also. During the first 5 minutes I was here, I was organizing my groups and naming my pets :) And you are right, they do share the same PhpBB Host so they're always going to be similar. I absolutely adore the adoptables on here, they're so beautiful!! I'm loving the otterlings ^_^
rusé comme le renard
rainstorm

Postby corrosive_limes » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:58 pm

Hey! I just started guys! Im just saying they look similar, im allowwed an opinion right?
corrosive_limes

Postby Taisi » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Horneddragon wrote:
Ok guys,
I've seen many post about this, so here we go;
Eld is not copying Cs, Why?

Firstly, BOTH Chickenmsmoothie and Eldamore use the same PhpBB Host. There will be SOME similarities BUT that does not actually mean that Eld resembles nor did it copy CS in any way.
Think of it this way: Its just like saying that two sites hosted on Weebly are copying one another.

Secondly, Lets look at some of the reasons why a few people think Eld Resembles CS;

Quoted Directly from CS:

How did you make the website?

Tess originally learned HTML and CSS, then built the website using her coding knowledge in the HTML-editor Dreamweaver. The latest version of Dreamweaver is called Dreamweaver CS5 and can be found here. If you understand HTML, you can write your website using any free text editor instead, such as the excellent Notepad++. You can find some tutorials on HTML and other web technologies at w3schools.

Our current site was designed by Tess (using Photoshop), Nick wrote the code that powers the website behind the scenes using PHP.

Making adoptable pets is a bit complicated, but there are websites that make it easy to create your own growing pets. Check out myadopts.com and squiby.net. If you are very confident in HTML and know a little bit of PHP, you can try our more advanced growing pet tutorial for PHP.

Reasons :

1. "The forums look so similar to Chickensmoothie's"

Well, If you've done your home work, or at least read the posts against this, you'll find that BOTH CS and Eld use the same PhpBB host.

What does this mean? Well you see the PhPbb host that they both use are the 'host' (or the thing that allows) the forums to be live on the internet. Now i bet your saying, but HD this does not tell me why they look similar!
Actually it does. The Phpbb host is just like the free hosts of Free forums and Forumakers. The forums crated by both of these two hosts are just like the forums used by CS, are you telling me that merely because of the similarity of the layout, which is standard across almost all PhpBB forums, All of the sites who use these are copying CS?

The only thing that CS really owns in the base forum part of CS is the 'theme' IE the colors and pictures used in it, the layout is nothing more than a standard PhPBB layout, you can't honestly tell me that eld is Copying CS by using a standard layout most forums use.

2. "They both have Monthly adoptables"

I laughed when i saw this in someones reasons. Since when has Chickensmoothie owned the right to be the only site with monthly adoptables?

That would be like saying that Dragon Cave owns the rights to click-able eggs that grow into dragons or other beasts
I've seen plenty of sites who use this method also, a good examples being Magistream, Vally of unicorns,and Tale of Dragons. Or that click-able adopts are SOULY owned by Squibly.

It would also be like saying that Neopets are the only site that can have 'custom' adoptable pets. I used to use to be on a similar site called Marapets oddly similar? maybe but not once did they get told that they were EXACTLY like Neopets

FINALLY

This site is in its "Open Beta stage" Eldamore IS NOT FINISHED, it is just in the stage were it is workable and useable by you, and us, the users. Bena, Jen, and Zayin opened the site before it was complete because so many people were anxious for it's release. They did not have to do this, it was a treat for all of us to enjoy. I see no real striking similarities, and a few of the mods and staff on CS itself agree with me.
( did you know that there are actually a few members of CS staff on eldamore? They have been following the rune dragons since their start up on CS.)

Wouldn't you think that if they though Eldamore and Chickensmoothie were so very similar they would have notified one of the admins there themselves?

In the end, This is not a rant, I intended this as an informational post, Eld is NOT copying Chickensmoothie, and It holds no real striking resemblances to it. CS has no theme no background info, Eld does, Take the time to read the lore it's quite lovely. It is rude of you all to accuse Bena and Jen of copying Cs, and I know personally that you who do cause them great distress. They made this site for us, not for themselves, they get nothing out of it. But we do.

I get that you wanted to post your whole 'rant' (oops. I mean informational post), but isn't every user entitled to their own opinion? I mean yeah, I think they're identical, but that doesn't mean I need some random user that I don't even know telling me that I'm wrong and that I'm rude. I'm entitled to my own opinions on this site, and if I want to say that CS and Eldemore are very similar, I'm entitled to say it. I'm not some little child. I know how to act, and I know what I'm allowed to say.
R.I.P Taisi. March 17, 2011.
May we meet again one day.

R.I.P Molly. July 7, 2013.
You were an awesome dog.

This site is an awful lot like Chicken Smoothie...

I "Superluv" Shane Dawson.
-Brofist- Pewdiepie.
I <3 you Smosh!
Taisi

Postby corrosive_limes » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:17 pm

Yeah! I was just saying something! I wasnt, "accusing", anyone!
corrosive_limes

Postby HornedDragon » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:18 pm

Yes, everyone is allowed an opinion.
BUT, It is best to have an informed opinion.

My post is also, that of my opinion, and of all of those who oppose the opinion that Eld is copying CS. Mine just has more facts and information on why it is not.

Feel free to PM me the reasons why you think it is, or why it resembles it, if you wish to press it further.
This thread was not made to attack Eld, nor its users. and it should stay as nothing more than a discussion on CS and who also is on that site.
Life Asked death
Death responded,

Even when Earless

||||
HornedDragon

Postby HornedDragon » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:37 pm

On that note, let us change the outlook of this thread no?

I am Horneddragon;
I have been on CS since May of '09.
The '08 pets are nice, yes, BUT i think the designs have only gotten better throughout the years. I achieved My dream pet On CS in 2011. It was The Purple Bat Dog from Halloween '08.
I once Ran the Leovante Cavern Dragons, But now I own The Daeets on CS. I can't say I will ever leave that place because of those ties, and A good friend of mine is on there.

Oddly enough, I met My best friend on CS. Never once have she and I met face to face, we live in different countries. But she is still my best friend none the less.

(sorry for this double post, It just does not seem to fit on the one above </3 )
Life Asked death
Death responded,

Even when Earless

||||
HornedDragon

PreviousNext

Return to Other Websites