Chicken Smoothie Chat V.1

Here you can discuss other virtual pet sites.

Re: Chicken Smoothie Chat V.1

Postby ZEL » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:17 pm

Clembot wrote:There's this petty Chicken Smoothie "Confessions blog" on tumblr in which people would pretty much anomynously bash users and I was actually mentioned on there.
I actually try hard to be a nice person so that really got me down

Sadly I think this kind of thing is part of an issue that's beyond CS. I don't know about other pet sites, but I do know that Flight Rising's community has a similar blog going, and the climate is exactly the same.

As hard as it sounds, I believe the best decision if you care what others think about you is to not look at those blogs. Don't follow them, or read them, don't check them 'just this once' or 'just to make sure'.
It's a really nasty feeling when people talk about you "behind your back" so to say, but let me put it this way: At the end of the day, do you think the opinion of an anonymous person on a random tumblr blog should have any power over you if all they do is to insult/mock/belittle you?
There is a line between reflecting on the things that people say about you to become a better person, and letting it get to you when people try to drag you down.
Because not every negative thing someone says about you is valid criticism. Sometimes people simply are jerks.

If all someone has to say about you is rude and insulting, are they really a person whose approval you want?
Allowing people to have a platform for their negative feelings without having to reveal their own identity attracts a lot of abuse, and you'll feel a lot better once you are able to get into the mindset that the vast majority of what gets said in such a place really, truly does not matter.
Realistically, different people's opinions have different weight to you, and you're allowed to decide that the opinion of someone who won't even reveal to you who they are is of no consequence to you. Ignoring them and not looking at what they say about you is ultimately better for you.

I'm sorry to hear you had that experience. It can be an awful feeling to find out people were being rude about you when you're genuinely trying to be friendly and avoid conflict. And unfortunately, knowing that you can't make everyone like you doesn't mean you'll never feel bad when someone inevitably ends up disliking you. But keeping the knowledge in mind and repeating it to yourself when it happens does help.
Out of the entire CS userbase only a tiniest fraction uses that blog at all, and it'd be sad for a small number of people to spoil the site for you entirely when there's plenty of users who either don't cause issues like these, or who are decent enough to resolve problems in a calm and mature manner.
.....Image........
Z E L
they/them - German - UTC + 2

E v e r g l o w ~
They'll never know the worlds that I see
In the darkness you don't show

Chicken Smoothie - Flight Rising
ZEL

Postby valiant-quest » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:30 am

You're right. I haven't checked that blog since then.

But one of the anon users on there said,

"space cadet" (me)"Pms me constantly and it's annoying"

So one of my friends didn't have the gut to tell me that I talk too much. :v
I've actually worried about being clingy and that hurt because they would rather tell the whole internet instead of me.
valiant-quest

Postby muriel » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:27 am

I've seen that blog hundreds of times. When I saw salt on one of my closest friends, I was livid. I hate that blog, with a real passion. I admit, I've posted anon, but it wasn't towards someone. It was me saying how I want to quit CS, but I can't because if I do, I'll lose the friends I have.

That blog just sucks in general. It's not worth going to a place like that to say your frustrations. I would hope that someone has an issue with me that they just tell me, not post it on tumblr where I might not even see.
    yeet
    I still check in once in a while. Feel free to trade or pm me.
muriel

Postby valiant-quest » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:15 pm

Undyne. wrote:
    I've seen that blog hundreds of times. When I saw salt on one of my closest friends, I was livid. I hate that blog, with a real passion. I admit, I've posted anon, but it wasn't towards someone. It was me saying how I want to quit CS, but I can't because if I do, I'll lose the friends I have.

That blog just sucks in general. It's not worth going to a place like that to say your frustrations. I would hope that someone has an issue with me that they just tell me, not post it on tumblr where I might not even see.

I know right
It really hurt my feelings that they couldn't tell me they had a problem
I pm several people at once so I don't know who it was
We probably made up tho cuz I'm on good terms with all of them
valiant-quest

Postby muriel » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:06 pm

great. now I'm being salted about all because I stood up for myself on tumblr after someone said something about me. sorry?
    yeet
    I still check in once in a while. Feel free to trade or pm me.
muriel

Postby valiant-quest » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:16 am

peachy tea! wrote:
    great. now I'm being salted about all because I stood up for myself on tumblr after someone said something about me. sorry?

Seriously? That's stupid. You were just defending yourself
Going on the blog is probably a bad idea tbh
valiant-quest

Postby LazerBurn » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:34 am

Clembot wrote:
peachy tea! wrote:

Seriously? That's stupid. You were just defending yourself
Going on the blog is probably a bad idea tbh

It insanely unfair. You must report to a staff member for bullying and give the other accounts of bullying and maybe they can close it. I'm friends with Da Dwarf and Scetchi, maybe one of them could help. Peach Tea was just standing up for his/her dignity. People are like dogs. They need to be trained and shown a alpha. At a school I went to when I was in elementary, 5th graders playing with yernal cakes. Wiping poop on walls. So on whatever means stand up for your self. You have to prepare for being a adult. Fix the problem and then you're done and you leave it. I hope this can help.
Hi, I'm LazerBurn. Feel free to trade with me, and please respect my trade rules. My trade topic is listed below.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=11393

If you're looking for a role play about elemental ancestors, kingdoms, and adventure click the link below for the Eldemore role play, Elemental Wars.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12283
LazerBurn

Postby ZEL » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:47 am

Unfortunately, reporting someone on CS won't get you far if the issue is with behavior on other websites or on services such as discord or skype.
There is nothing CS staff can do about what people say offsite; they can only hand out punishment for bullying if it happens on-site (including if someone were to link an offsite page about it on CS itself), and they don't have the power to close down someone's blog. (Tumblr staff probably could, but they're... yknow. Tumblr staff. I admire people who bother trying.)
They don't have authority over the things that people say on tumblr etc, so the most they can do is to keep an eye on whether or not anything does happen to get posted on CS.

(As a side note, DD is a regular user and not a staff member, so they do not have the power to discipline members, and sketchi is an artist, meaning that while they are a staff member, they don't have mod powers.^^)
.....Image........
Z E L
they/them - German - UTC + 2

E v e r g l o w ~
They'll never know the worlds that I see
In the darkness you don't show

Chicken Smoothie - Flight Rising
ZEL

Postby Archer » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:14 pm

As ZEL mentioned, CS has no power over what occurs on Tumblr. In addition, that tumblr page is not a part of CS and it contains a lot of negativity that will only serve to hurt feelings so further discussion of it will be considered off topic. I understand the desire to vent, but it may be best to continue any discussion of the topic in private message. ^^'

To change the topic, how is everyone enjoying CS's Halloween event?

Personally, I don't keep up with collecting tokens very well, but I just adore this little guy!

Hello! :)
If you have any questions
or concerns, or just
want to chat, feel free to
PM me.

Important Links and
Threads

Guides & Tutorials

To watch and protect.

Image Image Image
Archer
Global Moderator

Postby Sphye » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:19 pm

Archer wrote:
Personally, I don't keep up with collecting tokens very well, but I just adore this little guy!

Oh gosh, is that the gerbil lineart? That's so precious!
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

PreviousNext

Return to Other Websites