Dragon Cave Anyone?

Here you can discuss other virtual pet sites.

Dragon Cave Anyone?

Postby Grengirl » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:42 pm

-RULES-
STAY ON TOPIC
DO NOT POST EGGS HERE ASKING FOR CLICKS
DO NOT SPAM
DO NOT DUBLE POST
BE NICE TO ONE ANOTHER
ANY ONE CAN REMAKE THE TREAD WHEN IT IS NEEDED, AND NOT BEFORE
YOU CAN DISCUSS TRADES WITH ONE ANOTHER, BUT DON'T BEG
and finaly
DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT YOUR EGGS NOT GROWING UP
(Your dragon cave eggs will grow up when they hit 3 days and 23 hours. Complaining about them not growing up fast enough is annoying.)

-FAQ-

What is Dragon Cave?

*Dragon Cave is a virtual pet site a bit different from some of the others. You can raise, breed, and grow your own dragons of a variety of breeds. Dragon cave dragons grow through views and unique views, which a user can receive from placing their dragon in forums or through the help of really effective sites that earn them with little effort on the user's part, known as click sites.

Dragon Cave has its own forums as well as a huge player base.

Commonly Used Terms and Abbreviations:

DC: Dragon Cave, referring to the site itself
CB: Cave Born, referring to dragon with no parents that was grabbed from the Biomes/main caverns
AC/AP: Abandoned Cave/Abandoned Page, referring to the page of eggs abandoned by their owners which other users can grab from
Lineage: a dragon/egg/hatchling's family tree, shown on their profile page; certain lineages are more desirable than others
Thuwed: a somewhat valuable lineage that originated off of the Dragon Cave creator's scroll, TJ09.
Dorkface: a somewhat valuable type of lineage that originated off of a CB Gold Dragon named Midas Dorkface who's owned by ladiefare
IOU: "I owe you', usually referring to owing another user an egg or hatchling that they can't give straight away

Where can I find a list of all the dragon eggs, breeds, hatchlings, and where/when to find them?

*The Dragon Cave Wiki provides a great deal of information for newer users. It has different charts, detailing every stage of every breed from egg to adult. Other useful hints/guides it includes are:
-Where certain eggs can be found
-What Eggs are Which Breed
-Rarities
-Breed Specific Abilities
-An Explanation on Dragon Sickness
-Different Trophies and How to Earn Them
-and much more!

When will my egg hatch? When will my hatchling mature?

*Eggs and hatchlings just don't randomly hatch or grow. If they have enough views, they are actually quite predictable!

For Eggs:
Eggs should hatch at 3 days, 23 hours left to their growing period as long as they have enough views. If they do not hatch by this point, you may want to consider adding them to a click site. A list of click sites will be provided further down in this post.
For Hatchlings:
Hatchlings will turn in to adults on the same time line that eggs hatch at- 3 days, 23 hours, so long as they have enough views. It should also be noted that hatchlings gender between 5-6 days left, usually closer to 5 in most cases.

How do I trade eggs and hatchlings or gift them to another user?
*In order to trade or swap hatchlings or eggs with another user, you must first have an adult Magi dragon on your scroll. An example of this dragon is to the right of this answer. This dragon is necessary because of its 'Teleport' BSA, or Breed Specific Ability, which is what allows you to trade/swap/gift dragons with others.

To use Teleport, click 'Actions' by your Magi on your scroll. Then, choose 'Teleport', the final option on its action page. Next, it will take you to a screen with all your available hatchlings/eggs that can be traded and allow you to choose either a one or two way trade.

It is best to PM the person who you want to trade with the link, especially if it is just you giving them a free egg/gift, otherwise other users will be able to snatch it. However, it can be given out publicly as well for you to collect and review offers on a certain egg, much like an auction in other circumstances.

It is against the rules to trade eggs/hatchlings for off-site pets, such as CS ones. This offense is capable of getting your scroll burned and deleted permanently- don't do it!

Hatchlings with names cannot be traded.

How Do I Make My Egg/Hatchling Grow Up?

* Only two things play a huge factor in an egg or hatchling making it to their next growth stage- views and unique views. It is a DC myth that in order to hatch or grow, an egg or hatchling must be clicked on by many people. This isn't true; Dragons have matured with only 1 click on their profile- the one their owners gave them.

The important factors for a dragon/egg are unique views and views. To get these two things, you have two main options:
- Put your eggs/hatchlings in your signature and generate views by posting on this site or others.
or
- Put your eggs/hatchlings on a click site, which automatically generates views for you, with much less work.

Be careful though! If an egg or hatchling gets too many views or unique views in a short time, they can get 'sick'. To cure sickness, go to the affected creature's actions and choose to hide it until the sickness goes away. Hiding the dragon prevents it from receiving more views/unique views, and the sickness will disappear eventually. Sick hatchlings and eggs will show up at the top of your scroll as a warning. Remember to unhide the dragon/egg later though!

What are BSAs? How are they used?

BSA means Breed Specific Ability. Certain dragons on Dragon Cave can use certain special actions specific to their breed. There are currently 8 BSAs.

Cooldown basically means the time it takes for a BSA to be usable again. For example, a Red can only use Incubate every 14 days. When it is in cooldown, that means that you've used the ability too recently to use it again.
ImageImage
Bite:
-Used by Vampire dragons to convert eggs in to their own species. It has a 31 day cooldown. Can be successful, can kill the egg, or can be successful yet egg will be kicked off the scroll by a user's other dragons, an outcome commonly referred to as the egg being repulsed.
Earthquake:
-Used by Earth dragons (AKA Green and Pebble dragons) to force eggs to hatch earlier, much in the same way as Incubate. However, unlike Incubate, Earthquake can possibly kill the eggs as well. One Earthquake affects all eggs, while Incubate can only be used on one egg. It has a cooldown of 14 days.

Fertility:
* Used by Purple dragons, it increases the chances that an egg will be born, but does not actually affect what species the egg will be. Fertility can't over rule a plain refusal between 2 dragons. Cooldown is 14 days.
Incubate:
*Used by Red dragons. Incubate only works on eggs that still have more than 3 days left to hatch. Using Incubate removes a 24 hours block of time from your egg's growth, causing it to grow earlier as long as the egg has enough views. Incubate can only be used once per egg and has a cooldown of 14 days.
ImageImage
Influence:
*Used by Pink dragons, this breed 'influences' an egg to be the gender of the dragon doing the influencing. For example, a male Pink can Influence a Red egg to be a male. This BSA has a cooldown of 7 days.
ImageImage
Splash:
*Used by Shallowwater dragons, this ability is used solely to gain the Magikarp trophy for your scroll. After 100 uses of this BSA, the trophy will be earned. Afterwards, it becomes useless. The cooldown for Splash is 24 hours.
ImageImageImage
Summon:
*In order to use this BSA, you need to have 3 distinct types of dragons- at least one of each, you need the Magma, Ice, and Thunder breeds. Summon calls forth a Guardian dragon egg when successful, an extremely rare breed that each user can only successfully summon twice. However, this BSA has a high failure rate. Cooldown for Summon is 14 days. No matter how many 'Trio' dragons you have on your scroll, it can only be used once every 14 days.
Teleport:
*Used by Magi dragons, this BSA allows users to trade/swap/gift dragons to other players. Cooldown is 2 days.

What are the Trophy Levels?

*There are 3 separate, basic trophies that all DC members can earn, regardless of time. They are based on scroll size, and divided in to 3.

New Users: Users without any trophies can only have 4 eggs with 12 growing dragons total. This is for users with 0-50 dragons.
Bronze:
*Users with Bronze trophies have anywhere between 51-200 dragons. They can have 5 eggs and 15 dragons growing total.
Silver:
*Users with Silver trophies have anywhere between 201-500 dragons on their scroll. They can have 6 eggs and 18 dragons growing total.
Gold:
*Users with Gold trophies have 500+ dragons on their scroll. They can have 7 eggs and 21 growing dragons maximum on their scroll.

There is no limit to how many dragons you can have! Users can have as many adult dragons on their scroll as they would like. However, certain Holiday/Special breeds, mostly Christmas ones, are limited to 2 per scroll. See the Wiki for more information on these breeds.

What is a 'Click Site'? What are some good click sites to use?
* A click site is a place where you enter your scroll name and choose eggs/hatchlings to leave on the site to accumulate views, which helps them grow. There are a variety of dragoncave click sites, some more helpful than others, but all of them fairly effective. Here is a list of a few of them you may find helpful:

The Allure of Neglected Dragons
Silvi's Lair
DragHatch
Eggs Around the World
Boiled Eggs

Dragon Cave Wiki page

* This is an edited version of the rules on for a simular thread on CS and will likely be edited further in the near future. ie I plan to add some links and maby a few more images.
Last edited by Grengirl on Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Born of cold and winter air
And mountain rain combining,
This icy force, both foul and fair,
Has a frozen heart worth mining. ~ Ice Traders

Hoarding all Owls

Please feel free to send me tradesMe on CS and My Scroll
Eliza, 'Lil
Grengirl

Re: Dragon Cave Anyone?

Postby Grengirl » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Last edited by Grengirl on Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Hoarding all Owls

Eliza, 'Lil
Grengirl

Postby Grengirl » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:52 pm

OK, open for discussions questions and whatever other Dragon cave related topics might interest you.

I'll start by complaing that the first 3 Yellow-Crowned Dragons eggs I caught in the desert all gendered male.. must remember to influence the egg I caught earlier today.

Edit: Scooped these two Image Image CB hatchies from the AP

Hoarding all Owls

Eliza, 'Lil
Grengirl

Postby Vlad » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:26 am

I used to go on it ages ago but then my account got deleted.

I've registered again as Foxesrule. I'm still really ticked off about my old account though.
he/him
signatures are for people that have motivation

Vlad

Postby Grengirl » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:13 pm

I'd be angry too. I always worry that when I do free breedings and send the links via pm on other sites I'll be accused of off site trading. Its not the case and I have yet to be accused but I do fear it happening.

Speaking of free breedings msby when I'm no longer locked I can send a few through here. I have a number of uncommons and a few breedable rares like trio's.

I'm looking for more scrolls to add if you post it or pm it to me I'll add it next time I'm on my pc.

Hoarding all Owls

Eliza, 'Lil
Grengirl

Postby Grengirl » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:34 am

Claim my eggs/hatchlings!
Found this hellhorse fail in the ap anyone want it? Second gen linage!

please post if you take it.

taken sorry

Hoarding all Owls

Eliza, 'Lil
Grengirl

Postby Saphira344 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:16 am

http://dragcave.net/user/saphira344
yer ive played dragon cave for a bit, most of my scroll is hord dragons though. I tend to breed my rares and gift them away, just a little heads up :). My favert breed so far is the Gaurdians(or as i call them Shilds), my newst hord is the yellow crowned dragons.
I hoard any and all griffons.
I use saphira344 on every sight I am on, other then Youtube and Flight Rising where I am Saphira3441, so you might of seen me around.
Samhain, All Hallows' eve event
[center]Dralon Flock||Asperger Syndrome||Ask me || Icarus ||Athena||Moon Frost(Frost)||Tilly's story||
Saphira344

Postby Scar » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:44 am

I've been playing Dragcave since, I think, 2010?
I need to check, good thing I remember what my very first dragon was. ^^

Hm... Yep! According to my lovely girl, Artex the Water Walker, I joined June 11, 2010.
Dis' be my scroll;; http://dragcave.net/user/DarkSylar
I might not have good lineages but if there is a breed you wanting to get, I can breed it for you. =3
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
text text text text text text t
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

text text text text text text t
✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Saphira344 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:26 pm

I have a silver egg for someone who has no silvers, please pm me if you want it.
I hoard any and all griffons.
I use saphira344 on every sight I am on, other then Youtube and Flight Rising where I am Saphira3441, so you might of seen me around.
Samhain, All Hallows' eve event
[center]Dralon Flock||Asperger Syndrome||Ask me || Icarus ||Athena||Moon Frost(Frost)||Tilly's story||
Saphira344

Postby Benathorn » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:37 am

I joined Dragon Cave in 2008 in September. I remember when there were only a few egg sprites and when half the dragons had to be changed due to copyright issues. It is the only pet site I've been on for that long that I am still active in, so if any of you guys wish for me to breed you free shimmers or anything else just let me know.

Benathorn's Scroll

I'm also known as Benathorn on there though I've rarely gotten involved in the community.
Just tons of dragon collecting~
Benathorn
Administrator

Next

Return to Other Websites