Petz @ Whiskerwick [Free Game Download]

Here you can discuss other virtual pet sites.

Petz @ Whiskerwick [Free Game Download]

Postby Copper » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:43 pm

╭‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎╮
╰‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎╯
I'm sure most of us are familiar with games like Nintendogs or have maybe even played Pixel Petz on our phones but what about what came before them? Way back in 1995, long before the Tamagotchi, the Petz franchise introduced virtual pets to the masses. The legacy of Petz is far reaching and was what introduced many people into the world of website design and html. Tess and Nick, who created and run Chicken Smoothie, were both heavily involved in the Petz communities before starting CS and many of the programs that Nick made are still in use by the Petz community. In fact, even though the game franchise is over 25 years old as of 2020, the community around this nostalgic game series is still alive and thriving!

So what exactly is Petz? Well it's a little bit of everything. You can do all the usual things you would expect from a virtual pet game. Raising your petz, dress them up, train them and breed them. There is also a large community aspect to the gam; Show your pet is a wide variety of shows, trade your pets, or even make completely unique pets for others to admire. The best part, unlike other games, this game is not only 100% free but there are no ads, and no money to pay to unlock anything. In fact, the Petz Community while small is well established and very welcoming of new and returning players!

╭‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎╮
╰‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎╯
The Petz 4 game comes complete with 20 breeds of Catz and Dogz to choose from. You can adopt as many as you want at a time but if you don't give them ample attention they will run away and you won't be able to play with them anymore. After your petz are grown you can even breed them to create new unique mixed breeds! There are thousands of unique combinations you can make just through breeding. Genetics in this game are really fun to play around with but we'll get back to that in a moment. The Dogz or Catz you adopt may look a little plain but their offspring, with careful breeding, can have any number of fur, eye, and body combinations. Sometimes they may not even look like what breed they actually are.

The possibilities are almost endless, and it doesn't just stop at looks. All Petz have unique personalities that they can even pass onto their puppies or kittens. Friendly Calicos, easy to pose Dalmatians, Ditzy Sheepdogs, Angry Alley cats and much more. In addition to the many combinations you can make with the breedz that came with the game there are countless amounts of Hexed Breedz you can download online. Hexed Breedz are user made breed files you can download and add to your game, they each come with unique looks and traits. Ranging from Hyper Realistic to holding true to the overall aesthetic of the game there are literally thousands of different breedfiles out there that you can adopt and play with.

Hyper Realistic breedz may look good, but many of them don't "play good", so they look wonky when in motion. They are very common in the Petz showring though! Much like real dog and cats shows there are many events you can enter your petz into, the most popular of which is a pose show. Pose shows are the equivalent of Westminster. Whichever pet is most to form wins the show and gains show points. Much like the American Kennel Club, the Petz Kennel Club (PKC), holds regular shows and keeps track of the rankings of people show petz. PKC can be a bit intimidating for a beginner so you can also enter shows on forums, that are much more beginner friendly. Most people in the community are more than happy to help you learn how to pose a pet correctly, some may even offer to do it for you in exchange for something!

Pose shows not your style? Teach your dog or cat 36 different tricks and enter them in a Trick or Obedience show! Tracking, Ultimate Frisbee, Agility, and even shutzhund are available for you and your petz to participate in to gain points or some fun prizes. Visit multiple different in-game area and play with hundreds of different toys and try on countless outfits. You can even take part it any number of community events like opening your own shop, creating a totally new and unique creature. With the ability to create countless new and unique toys, clothes items, playscenes and petz your imagination is truly the limit when it comes to Petz!

╭‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎╮
╰‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎╯
The Petz series has multiple game versions available but the most universally used, of all, is Petz4 as it allows the animals adopted in this game to be used across all versions. Unfortunately, Petz4 is not longer available to buy from most retailers. Luckily the producer of the game, Ubisoft, made a patch that turns the demo version of the game into a free and fully functional version of the game so everyone can enjoy the game, even over 20 years after if first came out.

Q. Is this Download legal?
A. Yes. When Ubisoft created the patch that allowed the free Demo Version of the game to be made into the Full version they were well aware of what they were doing. This is a 100% legal way to play this game and it's creators are well aware of it.

Q. I'm not too sure about downloading something off the Internet...
A. The download I have linked to has been scanned for viruses and malware and was repackaged and uploaded by me personally. This is to prevent anyone potentially running into a virus issue when downloading the file from other sites such as Cnet (Who also hosts the download for free)

Q. Is it still possible to buy this game?
A. Yes! Many online stores such as Amazon and Ebay carry copies of of the Petz games for you to buy. The older and newer versions of the game of the game are a lot of fun aswell but do not offer cross-game trading, so they are not as widely used and it can be difficult to find people able to trade petz with.

Q. I have a different question not answered here.
A. Feel free to either ask on the thread or pm me directly!

╭‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎╮
╰‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎╯
Download The Demo [HERE]
This demo has been scanned for viruses and malware and was repackaged and uploaded by me to prevent anyone potentially running into a virus issue when downloading the file from other sites such as Cnet.

Open the file and install into your My Documents folder
Do not under and circumstances install into your “My Programs” folder.
Most modern computers will not be able to run the game correctly when installed in that location.

Download PetzA [HERE] This is not optional. The game will not run without this!
This addon will patch your game demo and allow you to play no matter if you are running Windows 8, 9, 10 or above. Just be sure to never enable PetA profiles in the PetzA options tab if you are running Windows10 or above as this will cause your game to become corrupt and you will have to reinstall it completely.

Install PetzA & Enjoy the game
If you are new to the game I highly recommend checking out the current adoptions! Established mixed breeds are a lot more fun to breed with than the pets you get straight out of the adoption center. If you are looking for something more specific than what we currently have for adoption please don't hesitate to ask in the thread.

-Have a Mac? Follow the directions [HERE] to run the game on a Mac.-

-Having some trouble installing and need help?-
Ask directly in the thread or send me a private pm and I'll help you figure out what's wrong!

╭‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎╮
╰‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎╯
So you've downloaded the game and adopted your first pets. The next step is to join the community. Spread across multiple sites and forums it can be a little difficult to navigate at first. The Petz Community spreads themselves across three main site types.

Forum sites, which are main hubs of activity. Everything from chatting to shows can be found on forum sites, and they are a great place to get to know others within the community.

Sales sites, these sites work as a Bazaar, where you can make your own shop and purchse and sell everything from Petz you bred to special one of a kind clothing items.

Crew sites, these are a special type of website that users make to show off the petz they have collected or awards they have won. Many host adoptions on their crew sites and even have unique downloads and games on them. Some Crew Sites are over 10 years old and are still active!

╭‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎╮
╰‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎╯

The RKC Petz Forum
RKC has been around for years and has an established and active userbase. It is a great place to adopt a new pet, meet some new friends or join your first show at. The vast and experienced userbase also makes it a great go-to place if you have questions about hexing or are looking for a specific breedfile.

Whiskerwick
Whiskerwick is hands down my favorite site. Chat, adopt, show, partake in auctions for one of a kind petz or even open a shop. A unique currency system on the site (Bones) makes it easy to get started, you even get bones just for posting in the introductions forum! This is a great site to start at and everyone is really welcoming of newcomers!

Seeing Stars
Dogz and Catz too basic for you? This is a forum all about raising and showing Horsez and Poniez! Adoptions are regularily hosted her aswell so if you are wanting to try any Horse related this is the place to go!

Dukes Group
This forum is dedicated to only playing with a small amount of petz at one time. There is a large roleplay aspect to raising your petz on this forum so if this appeals to you it's the place to be. Shows, contests, and pet playdates are a regular occurance in Dukes Group and always a lot of fun.

╭‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎╮
╰‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎╯

Petz Universal Game Site (PUGS)
Play some games to easily earn points you can trade in at one of the many stores on the site. Updated often it's a great place to enter auctions and even own your own store at.

The Flea Market
A mostly Auction based site where you can buy everything from Hexed Petz to unique Toyz. A more intermediate version of PUGS but well worth the effort to get established on.

Faerie Barndance Archieve

Hextraordinary

Cirrutopia

Moonflower

Reverie

Nighshade

The Hexpedia

Intron / Extron
Last edited by Copper on Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:32 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Copper

Re: Old School Petz games

Postby Silverhart » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:36 am

Wow! Nostalgia Blast! XD

I played this game as a child, (and honestly, I still do today). Had to repurchase the CDs, because my young self was very hard on CDs and proceeded to lose them, but it was totally worth it. Specifically I own Catz 3, Petz4 (though these are lost), and Petz 5. I'm not at all sure why I only have Catz 3 and not Dogz 3... but I do.

I have not installed it on my new computer yet because... well I have something of a Petz hoarding problem. XP It's... pretty bad honestly. I can't stand to part with any of them I adopt or breed so my computer quickly gets filled up with petz. I'm sure the urge to install it and transfer over some (if not all XP) from my old computer will one day get the best of me.

Never really participated in the online community though. I think I joined one petz forum ages ago, but that was it. Never really did shows and what not - my main interest was always just in playing with them and seeing what I could breed. I got some pretty interesting results. XD

I've played other pet games, but despite it's age, I must agree that Petz is the best. I wish there was another game like it. The breeding possibilities are quite literally endless, especially if you throw hexes in there. Also love the fact that each petz had different personalities. I used to love breeding petz with two opposite personalities - like a mean Alley Cat with a sweet Chinchilla Persian - with a little luck and selective breeding you could get a sweet, silly Alley Cat, and an angry Chinchilla Persian. XD That was always fun.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Polly44 » Sun May 31, 2015 5:00 pm

OH MY GOD! I LOVED THE PETZ GAMES! I used to own most of them, but they stopped working on my computer a while back so we got rid of them and i must say what a huge mistake that was. I miss playing the games so much, as they were awesome and there hasn't really been any games similar since. Which is a huge shame. :(

I loved cross breeding, just to see what the heck i would get.

And oh, i really would kill to play it again. I've actually seen a couple of them on carboots, but i've never bought them. Partly because i am (or at least should be) way too old for them and also because i am not sure if i could get them to work again. I think next time i see them, i will buy them though, as i really would love to play it.

Edit- I've found a couple of websites that say it will work on newer laptops, so i've just decided to get them off Amazon. They are around £4-£5 each, which is well worth it me thinks. Just gotta get my parents to order them, as i don't have an Amazon account, lol. xD
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Copper » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:40 pm

Man I do a terrible job of checking back on threads I start.

If anyone is at all interested you can actually get the full game for free by downloading the demo and then installing PetzA

http://download.cnet.com/Petz-4/3000-21 ... 13266.html
http://www.sherlocksoftware.org/page.php?id=6

Also in case anyone needs another reason to play this game is that sometimes it totally screws up and while trying to pose your pets for pictures they do this. They are so much better than Nintendogs I promise you

Poor Scrappy legit broke his tail and detached his tongue for this picture, that's just how hardcore he is
Want to play a great animal based game with a wonderful community? Then join the Petz Community at Whiskerwick!
Petz lets you collect, raise and breed animals of many different species.
Our community offers unique adoptions, fun challenges, a unique currency system, obedience and pose shows, custom pets and lots more. We are very welcoming of new players of any age, so you are sure to fit right in!

Get The Petz game for free HERE. Join Whiskerwick HERE
Post in the introduction forum saying "Copper sent me" and
I'll send you some free petz & 1,000 site currency to get your started!
Copper

Postby Polly44 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:46 pm

Ah right. I am very tempted to download it, but i just found Catz 5 in a shop for 49p, lol. So i just bought that, so hopefully i can find Dogz 5 in a similar way and at a similar price. :D Will have a look around before i download it.

And, poor Scrappy, lol!

And oh my gosh did it bring back memories. :) I adopted three kittens, two girls (Black and White Shorthair and a Desert Lynx) and a male (Tabby) but i am totally going to experiment with breeding them and seeing what mad combinations i get.
ImageImageImage

Polly44
Account:

ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Polly44 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:48 pm

I bred the Desert Lynx and the Tabby together and had four kittens today. The boy has a big head and a funny tail- it's kinda there, but not there at the same time. It's missing sections of it and is kinda all fuzzy and strange. Probs cuz his mum has no tail, but his dad does. Though the others all have normal tails.

I called him Mutant and i shall keep him and breed more mutant cats!!!

EDIT: And i got Dogz 5 for my birthday and i had totally forgot how adorable some of the breeds are. I just adopted a Dalmatian and a Mutt and i shall breed them when the get old enough. :)
ImageImageImage

Polly44
Account:

ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Copper » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:28 pm

:D Mutant Kitties are the best. For the record, Tabby Striped Markings on cats with no tails or skinny tails will always result in wonky tails like that. I personally always love seeing the stripes on Siamese-Tailed cats because they just look ridiculous xD

These are two cats I recently brexxed a little to make them look a bit cooler so to say.
ImageImage
Want to play a great animal based game with a wonderful community? Then join the Petz Community at Whiskerwick!
Our community offers unique adoptions, fun challenges, a unique currency system, obedience and pose shows, custom pets and lots more. We are very welcoming of new players of any age, so you are sure to fit right in!

Copper

Postby Polly44 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:58 pm

Hehe, that they are indeed. :) Ah right and ooooo, stripes on a Siamese sounds cool- i might have to try that one.

Awwww, i love the second one- looks adorable. Them eyes too. ;)
ImageImageImage

Polly44
Account:

ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Copper » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:07 pm

Bumping up this thread with a link to get the game 100% legally for free through use of a shortcut Ubisoft, the games makers, made. Also as a welcome to new members joining the community anyone posting in the Introduction section of Whiskerwick (Link at the bottom of the first post or in my signature) can choose a pet packs I have available that include 5 adorable mixed breed dog and cats like the ones pictured below.

Copper

Postby Tigerlily » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:23 am

Wow this really is a blast from the past.. I used to play these games over and over years ago.. they were my absolute favorite, I remember downloading litters and everything. I never realized people still play these! I did try to get these working a couple years ago and had some trouble.. maybe I will try again. Thank you for this thread. :)
Tigerlily

Next

Return to Other Websites