.:Closed Due to Inactivity:.

Place all gifting threads for giveaway games, new members, and free adoption topics here.

.:Closed Due to Inactivity:.

Postby Nyakuni » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:53 pm

You come upon an old well in a cleared center of a crumbling neighborhood. Clinging plants lace the old structure and the water is deep below and not easy to see, but the shimmer of the coins below and the sparkle of a new golden dusting atop it are. A handful of names seem to have been burned into the stone sides, and one name is trimmed with and trickling a fine golden liquid. Rumors of the well say that dropping in a coin can yield a wish granted, but the results can vary depending on the wish.

A small shrine has been erected just behind the well by some regular visitors hoping to give thanks to the spirit of the well, and many visit it in hopes of learning more about it. There is a low platform at the center where a few odd trinkets and baubles have been left behind as offerings.

Will you drop in a coin and make a wish? Or maybe make an offering at the shrine?

Code: Select all
[i][color=#FF0080]Drop a Coin and wish for plenty.[/color][/i]
[i][color=#FF0080]Drop a Coin and wish for peace.[/color][/i]
[i][color=#FF0080]Drop a Coin and wish for luck.[/color][/i]
[i][color=#FF0080]Drop a Coin and wish for wealth.[/color][/i]

[i][color=#0080FF]Make a prayer at the shrine.[/color][/i]
[i][color=#0080FF]Leave an offering at the shrine.[/color][/i]

1. Copy and Paste one of the above lines into your post.
2. If I can grant the wish/answer the prayer, I will.
Last edited by Nyakuni on Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
Nyakuni

Re: .:Wishing Well:.

Postby Nyakuni » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:53 pm

~*FAQs*~

What do the wishes mean?
Any wish will only be granted if I have the pets available. A wish for plenty will net you up to six common or lower pets from your wishlist. A wish for peace will get you up to three uncommon pets from your wishlist. A wish for luck will earn you a rare pet from your wishlist. A wish of any kind which fails or a wish for wealth will place you on the list for monthly draws.

What is a prayer?
Prayers are for a different kind of visitor. In case you don't feel like wishing, or want to make a wish but are also interested in the lore of the well, you can pray at the shrine behind it. This is a roleplaying/storytelling option. A generic prayer will get a response which gives hints and clues to the well's lore, but if you pray and add your own in-character prompts or questions, you may receive more targeted answers. You can find a list of lore related posts by searching the thread for ".story". Prayers will be answered only as frequently as I am capable of writing them up. Sorry!

How often can I make a wish?
How often you can come back depends on which type of wish you make. A wish for plenty can be made every other day, as can a prayer. A wish for peace can be made every three days. A wish for luck can only be made once every seven days. Careful! If you wish for wealth, you will not be able to make any other wish for another month. If you make a wish too early, you will receive an in-thread warning, but be welcome to try again once the time since your last granted wish has passed.

I want to make a prayer, but don't know how to start!
A good way to get going is to make a generic prayer and go from there or leave an offering at the shrine. An offering will trigger a visit from the well's guardian, which you can directly interact with if puzzling things out yourself is not the direction you want to go in.

Do I have to drop a coin each month to be on the list?
No. If your name isn't chosen as the winner, it stays on the list into the next month and so on until you win or I close. You can have multiple entries on the list if you don't win and then drop a coin in the next month, and there is no limit to the number of times you can do this. You cannot win two months in a row, no matter how many entries you have, however.

When do you draw a name from the list?
I'm going to aim for the last few days of a month, but life gets hectic so I don't want to give an exact date.

Can I say something without dropping a coin?
People do all the time. Give your thanks, say hi, whatever. :)

List
Livingdebgirl - Jan 01/18
Vyries - Jan 15/18
Flareon! Go! - Mar 25/18
►Athena◄ - Apr 27/18, Jun 14/18
Dovahbriin - May 16/18
Spears - Jun 04/18
Rayy_Kitsune - Jun 14/18
Kee - Jun 16/18
HalloweenTheHollowQueen - Jul 09/18
packageSK - Aug 17/18
misucats - Nov 14/18

List Winners!
Nov/17 » Poppoppet678
Dec/17 » Seraph
Jan/18 » cathahaha
Feb/18 » Livingdebgirl
Mar/18 » GWay1017
Apr/18 » Spears
May/18 » Livingdebgirl
Jun/18 » LLHBBB
Jul/18 » Blaize
Aug/18 » Dovahbriin
Sep/18 » GWay1017
Oct/18 » gert3
Nov/18 » Seraph
Dec/18 » Lolly_CGC
Jan/19 » NightAssassin
Feb/19 » Rosenstierna
Last edited by Nyakuni on Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 51 times in total.
Nyakuni

Postby Clockwork » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:01 pm

Drop a Coin.

You can do good things, small, and large, and that gives your life immense value.
Clockwork

Postby Nyakuni » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:21 pm

Clockwork wrote:Drop a Coin.

Your coin vanishes into the water without a sound, and something else climbs out in its place.
Nyakuni

Postby Mormont » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:31 pm

Drop a Coin.
Mormont

Postby Nyakuni » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:42 pm

HalloweenTheHollowQueen wrote:Drop a Coin.

Your coin vanishes into the water without a sound, and something else climbs out in its place.
Nyakuni

Postby set it off » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:52 pm

Drop a Coin.
My chicken smoothie user: Set It Off
My flightrising user: wolftrot333
set it off

Postby Nyakuni » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:07 pm

set it off wrote:Drop a Coin.

Nyakuni

Postby Hidden Shadow » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:36 pm

Drop a Coin.

Hi, I'm Hidden Shadow! I'm mainly here to collect canine-like creatures and my goal is to collect all of them if possible. I'm always eager to receive trades and I run an adoption center as well.
Hidden Shadow

Postby Nyakuni » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:41 pm

Queen Evergreen wrote:Drop a Coin.

Nyakuni

Next

Return to Giveaways