New Site Development Update - August 14

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

New Site Development Update - August 14

Postby Zayin » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:47 am

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay, it's about time I gave you all another update.

First of all, I had hoped we'd be ready by August, but clearly we're not there yet. We're getting close though, most of the core functions of the site are almost ready, if a bit rough around the edges. I can assure you the site will reopen as soon as it is feasible.

I've been hard at work on probably the most complex part of Eldemore, the trading system, chipping away at it day by day. Since my last update, most of my development time has gone into not just rebuilding it, but revamping it, the hallmark improvements here being the ability to trade Eldsona items and fix the way we trade event tokens, along with better countermeasures against cheating. Basically, it's set up so we can more easily trade anything else we might add in the future. I also added the ability to preview pets on the trading page, giving you more detailed info and a link to their codex entry without having to leave your trade. But in general, the complex part here was making everything dynamic so anything could be traded, but also each thing has very different rules for how it can be traded and how to show it on the page. I did my best to strike a balance between these two, so hopefully it came out alright.

Keep in mind that the rarity icons will be changing, and this is still a work in progress.

Full Trade Builder Page

Adding Currency

Adding Pets

Adding Eldsona Items

Pet Preview

Adding Pets on Mobile

As you can see, I'm trying to keep everything mobile friendly as I go. Also, when you're building a trade, it will save as a draft. This allows you to work on a trade for however long you need without having to keep the page open, a lot like an email draft. I know how big some of these trades can get, so hopefully this will help with that. This was also the easiest way to persist state and not process everything at once when you send the trade.

Trading is probably 70% done, I'd say I'm over the hump on it. I'll put up another update when that is finished, and hopefully from there things will move faster. Next will be setting up the News and Eldsona pages.

One of the biggest parts of this project has been all the database migrations! I'm up to 220 migration scripts that I've written, each one represents some change to the database. This is one of those uninteresting, but totally necessary things I've had to do as part of this rewrite, and is a huge body of work. Just wanted to share this as it has been really a huge part of this project and is something you'd never otherwise see.

Thanks everyone for reading, and for your continued support! I will continue to keep you updated. I can't wait to see Eldemore back again.

Forevermore wrote:

-Site Help Corner-

Report Site Glitches Here

Rarity Updates

Site & Forum Rules

Eldemore Lore & Info

"To Watch and Protect"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Zayin
Code Wizard

Re: New Site Development Update - August 14

Postby Aaron » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:11 am

Fascinating to see everything behind the scenes! The trade preview feature looks incredibly useful. Can't wait to play with it!!
Aaron

Postby Shirelin » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:17 pm

Yay! We're getting close to reopen! Yaaaay! Thank you for all your hard work!
ImageRamael
Shirelin

Postby Anura » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:10 pm

Im so happy to see a new update. I cant wait for the site to be back!
Anura

Postby Lost nightingale » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:56 pm

It's looking really great and your doing a great job cant wait to see it all once its done
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lost nightingale

Postby FluffyMilo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:43 pm

Awesome!!! It looks great so far! <3
Redoing my signature~
FluffyMilo

Postby Silverhart » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:05 pm

Zayin, you have two Delilahs?! I'm jealous! XD

Seriously though, this looks amazing! It's clear you've put in a ton of work. The system looks so polished and professional in the screenshots! I really appreciate being able to see a specific pets info while trading - that must have taken a lot of work, but it's totally worth it! Thank you for all your hard work Zayin! It's really looking awesome!
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Sphye » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:28 pm

Thanks for the update, Zayin!! The progress screenshots look very sophisticated and classy.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Aquasplash ~ » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:17 am

Wow, it's awesome seeing all the progress that's been made! I can't wait for the site to reopen new and improved <3 That looks like an insane amount of work!
I have hundreds of bazaar pets and ultra rares/legendaries, and over a thousand rares for trade! I'm looking for Chicken Smoothie pets or C$, or Flight Rising gems or treasure. Send me a trade, or check out my trading thread HERE for more details!
Aquasplash ~

Postby Uspar » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:04 pm

I was honestly thinking about the site recently. So glad progress is going well!
I came back after over a year and there is still 0 commuication. Disgraceful behaviour
Uspar

Next

Return to Announcements