What's your Art?

Discuss the creative works of various art forms, or post your artwork for critique.

What's your Art?

Postby ~Erratic~ » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Hey guys!
So I know there are so many different mediums to use to make your wonderful creations...
-Digital: "Technology-based" (pixel, vector, paintings, manipulations, etc.)
-Traditional Art: "Paper + Pencil" (Sketching, Painting, etc.)

Which medium do you use?
Feel free to share your art!

I enjoy sketching with paper and making doodles, but I really enjoy photo manipulation. I use photoshop to blend and mix different stock photos to make new pictures. And example of what I have done....
Last edited by ~Erratic~ on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

~Erratic~

Re: What's your Art?

Postby Silverhart » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:29 pm

Beautiful photo manip ~Erratic~! ^^ The light and colors are simply beautiful!

As for me, I'm chiefly a traditional artist. ^^ My favorite medium by far is a mechanical drafting pencil, and some heavy-duty sketch paper. If I have a piece of paper and a drawing device, you can bet I'm probably doodling on it. XD

I also love charcoal, and have used soft pastels in the past. I really dislike wet media, like paints. Mainly, I just hate the set-up and the clean-up, and all those different colors! I find it a little intimidating to have to mix up colors and values. And I don't feel like I have as much control with painting as with drawing, especially when it comes to detail.

I do digital too, of course. ^^ I enjoy it, since it's able to give you a painterly look, without all the set up, or waiting for things to dry, or mixing colors, and I can get in super close with a tiny brush to do all those little details I so love. XP It gives you freedom to experiment a bit more. I find myself having more and more fun with digital stuff, but I think I'll always be a fan of plain old pencil and paper. XP
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Sphye » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:42 pm

I prefer digital, for the most part. My traditional isn't nearly as impressive, since I can't add anywhere near the same amount of colour.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Firedance101 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:29 pm

-
Last edited by Firedance101 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firedance101

Postby Quinnzel » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:32 pm

I have art on devienart.
http://honeyclovertea.deviantart.com/gallery/
I do photography, oil, acrylic, water, marker, pen, pencil, and PS. I just do with what I can buy and have. I like to dabble into everything.
Quinnzel

Postby Day of the Dead » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:42 pm

http://pixie-edelweiss.deviantart.com/

im not "mega good" artist :D but i think my art is good n_n

Im using digital art, but i can draw on paper too :D
All my drawings on my dArt are made in Pain tool SAI :)

Im Keeper of Day of the Dead :3 i want to get all the Halloween pets of all years :3
(they are only pets im collecting)

"Hold on, Holy Ghost
Go on, hold me close
Better run, here we come
It's the day of the dead"
Day of the Dead

Postby Vazchu » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:01 am

I usually say that "I create in more ways than one". Because I don't just illustrate stuff. I do so much more than that.

But if it's only illustration you're curious about, I've to say that I'm mostly doing stuff digitally and that's what I've been doing for the past four years. As for what programs I use and such it honestly depends on what I'm doing. But I tend to use Paint tool SAI, Photoshop CS or CS5, Image Ready CS, Illustrator CS5 MS Paint, Art Rage. I guess next stop for me is MS Paint after I've sketched some in either Photoshop or SAI, because I really need a new avatar, the one I've now is almost two years old.
As for what I illustrate it's mainly my characters, dragons and fantasy-related things.

Though, I tend to do traditional stuff as well, but I prefer doing it with my Promarkers, acrylics, aquarelle, charcoal. However, I'm not very good at doing very detailed stuff when I do traditional illustrations. So it tends to be more ... I don't know ... Abstract, perhaps. I simply play with colours and shapes and it turns into something odd looking but still something I end up being sort of proud to have done (no, I don't have much confidence in my illustrations, I want to become better but I haven't had time to illustrate as much as I want to this year, which I find very sad). But I also have some things that I only illustrate traditionally because I haven't been able to pull it off digitally. And that's demons and the characters from Bionicle (lol, yes, I'm childish and I still have my old lego sets as references when I illustrate them. I see no reason to sell them or give them away, because I owe them my life. If it wasn't for them I'd be long since dead).

But yush, as I said, I do more than just to illustrate stuff. And sorry that I'm too lazy to bother with showing anything. Or wait. I decided not to be lazy and just add the last almost proper thing I drew.

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.
Vazchu

Postby Skylore » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:08 pm

I do traditional sketches and lineart for the most part, but I am beginning to take up digital art. I can sketch animals very well but I do struggle with people and coloring digitally using a tablet. The tools I use for my traditional art are a mechanical pencils, G2 pilot pens, and markers (marker brand will vary on what it is I am doing and what look I want). For digital I am using Artflow, Picsart, Pixlr, and Eraser (eraser for transparency). As of right now, this is my best piece of digital artwork (I am still testing things out and getting familar with it):
✯ ✯ Sky's Trading Rules ✯ ✯

Image47Image20Image34Image43
Skylore

Postby Starrywish » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:15 am

I...Can't draw. My friends are anime otakus or wonderful artists. But me..no.
I can only sketch on paper, and even that is not good comparing to you guys.

I cannot even attempt coloring :(
Starrywish

Postby Silverhart » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:17 pm

Only sketch on paper? That's nothing to be ashamed of. That's how all the greats started: sketching on paper. ^^ And from what I can see you're not that bad at all.

All you have to do is push yourself and keep working at it. Challenge yourself. Even if the first, second, hundredth time you sketch something awful, you'll learn from your mistakes and get better. People think art is just a natural talent, so many of them give up when they can't do it as well as they like. But art is a skill that needs development and practice, like playing an instrument. You need to train your hand, your eye, and your memory; you need to learn the techniques and theories, and all that takes time and practice.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Next

Return to Art Discussion