What's your Art?

Discuss the creative works of various art forms, or post your artwork for critique.

Re: What's your Art?

Postby scmarshtacky » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:08 pm

Giant Talking Banana wrote:@ Tex
That is amazing, it's so original.

@ dwarjam
I looove your style! All of your art has such a whimsical look to it. :)

I am horrible at art, but I can't say I actually try. xD SO don't mind me, I'll just be gaping at all the amazing artwork on this thread. *sinks into the shadows*

I don't think that's true GTB. ^^ Your signatures are absolutely amazing, and that's a form of art. I'm also right along with you at being terrible at the drawing aspect of "art." But I think I can make graphics at some degree of decency.

Although I guess my true medium of art is actually writing, if you want to count that as an art. XD

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Postby remnants » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:14 pm

I draw digitally, usually animals. I'm not very good but I do it out of habit.

I typically use Autodesk Sketchbook for Kindle Fire to draw stuff like this and this, but I usually pixel in FireAlpaca with a laptop and mouse. My avatar was made with a mouse and MS Paint as a little test (that was my first time pixeling fur, so it doesn't look too great).
remnants

Postby starbullets » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:02 pm

i draw dogs uvu i've been drawing for about 6-7 years now and i usually draw digitally, though i doodle traditionally sometimes
i use firealpaca as my main drawing program! this is my deviantart, where i spend like 88% of my time http://starbullets.deviantart.com/
i have a touchscreen laptop and a wireless mouse to draw!
Elias

> 16

> They/Them

> Aroflux Demisexual

+ Main Fursona
+ DeviantArt
+ Contact Me

+ Avatar art by Bone

starbullets

Postby ιηƒιηιтє. » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:04 am

Wow, this is a lovely thread!!!! I love everyone showcasing their art; all of y'all have so much going for you, ahhhh ;A;

I kind of doodled growing up(see: drawing small sketches of faces or weapons when I was waiting for the test time to run out) but I really only started drawing June/July of last year, when I first got my art tablet(a wacom intuos, also known as my child) and quickly bought Sai thereafter. I don't quite have the money to buy art supplies and such, but I do have a few good pens and some cans of spray paint that I like to experiment with. My favourite medium will always be digital. ovo

(For anyone who feels discouraged, this was my first serious attempt at really any art, and I remember being extremely disheartened because it took me close to an hour to draw. People often see any creative art "talent" as something innate, but it's most often not! While I'm still not satisfied with where I'm at, I can say that I've improved, haha. cx)
ιηƒιηιтє.
Gay and proud.

- - - -
I refuse to submit to
the ridiculousness that is
Burying your gays,
For the community in media
should be a reflection of our lives
not lead to the stomach,
not death by disease
not a standard so often given
that it assumes a stereotyped name.

I refuse to bow to my apparent fate,
of death simply waiting for love,
of that love unrequited;
I will never quit,
and I weep for those
that felt like they had to.
I weep for those butchered
by a pixelated pen.

- - - -

Clexa | Camren | Cophine | Bumbleby | Cartinelli
Sleeping Warrior | Doccubus | Mikaanie | Hollstein
Emison | Beronica | Wayhaught | Korrasami | Shoot

Want a chance to win this (and more!) in a giveaway? Click!
Want to comission me? Send me a PM!
A forever tribute to Monty Oum. RIP ~

CS

TR

IG

SM

TT

ιηƒιηιтє.

Postby rainypretzels » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:16 pm

ιηƒιηιтє. wrote:
    Wow, this is a lovely thread!!!! I love everyone showcasing their art; all of y'all have so much going for you, ahhhh ;A;

(For anyone who feels discouraged, this was my first serious attempt at really any art, and I remember being extremely disheartened because it took me close to an hour to draw. People often see any creative art "talent" as something innate, but it's most often not! While I'm still not satisfied with where I'm at, I can say that I've improved, haha. cx)

I know what you're talking about!! ; v; I find it really sad when new artists get discouraged when seeing other people's art, and i see myself in them heheh cx. When I first began drawing digitally, i remember feeling very very frustrated because everywhere I saw better artists, and I just felt like I would never get on their level, no matter how hard I tried. I also thought that their talent was innate, that they were just born knowing how to paint amazing pieces hahah x3 I have grown a lot since then, and I see how wrong I was! And that is just what I want to say to newer artists: just keep praticing. You'll get better without knowing or noticing, I promise.Your favorite artist, the one you always look up to, was just like you! Please, don't give up! ; v ;

And well, since we're talking about our first attempts, I would like to share mine. The one drawn in 2012 was a little drawing i made for someone on CS, and it is one of my first attempts using a tablet. The second one, is my fursona Soviet. This wasn't meant as a redraw, but I noticed they had very similar poses and saw how I had improved.
rainypretzels

Previous

Return to Art Discussion