Dying *white* FAKE fur? Any recommendations?/

Discuss the creative works of various art forms, or post your artwork for critique.

Dying *white* FAKE fur? Any recommendations?/

Postby Lailic » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:54 pm

Hey guys.. So I'm making another figure of Karsu, if you don't know who he is, he's a character of mine :P
Anyways, I bought for white fur 48%Acrylic and 52% polyester for his fur. He's brown. So I need to dye the fur brown.

It's going to be a small figure so I want to hand paint it with watered down acrylics. But I don't know how well that will work...? Does anyone have any experience with this?

I'm just tempted to shave my white cat and dye his fur because fake fur is a pain. lol *JOKING* I would never do that.

if you're interested I'm making an armature doll of him and one that isn't posable out of polymer clay. I already have a felted wool creation of him. ^^But as I'm obsessed I want more >:D
Commissions wrote: Currently closed till farther notice

I love you, Avril L. wrote:I like your smile
I like your vibe
I like your style
But that's not why I love you

Lailic wrote:Pronounced: Lay-Lick
Mood: Happy (:
Preferred Pronoun: She/Her

The Sane One The Interesting one The Secretive one The Sassiest One The Quiet one

Lailic

Re: Dying *white* FAKE fur? Any recommendations?/

Postby rainypretzels » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:52 pm

hello!! well, i dont really have experience with fake fur... but i have with wigs!! and since they're both made out of synthetic fibers, maybe this method will work as well. With wigs, what I usually use for dying are fabric dyes. The ones I've seen that work best are RIT fabric dyes. Here's a RIT dye chart and tutorial to help you, if you decide to use this method. There are other methods, too, such as alcohol-based markers, aaaand acrylics and water.

i hope this was useful!! ; v ;
rainypretzels

Return to Art Discussion