Judging > check it

Hold and participate in art contests here.

Re: Free for all Art competition (made-up monster theme)

Postby Sarah » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:04 am

ιηƒιηιтє. wrote:

The ocean guardian looks quite reminiscent of an iridescent whale. A generally peaceful creature, it is still known to release the rage of the tides when provoked.

A little(big) buddy for little volcano guardian! I didn't have enough time to finish the fullbody for the first, sadly, but maybe I'll post it here afterwards. Or something. >v<

//edit: I literally just realised that this looks faintly like Kyogre. Someone please end me. :v;

I was about to say that I'm getting Groudon & Kyogre vibes from these xD
    They look nice though c:

Aaah, I also made some entries for this contest, can you please give me one more day *makes puppy eyes*
    (I'm at my granny's house. I litterally just need to upload them when I get home ^^')

ғαιияєαcн
F Gʟxʏ Aɴɪɴ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>this is me<<
German/Female/Snake lover
She/Her pronouns
You can call me Sun/Sunrise!
❝gimme all your crystal pets!❞

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
⋅⋇⋅⋅⋇⋅

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
╔══*✴*══╗
I
ʜ
ʟʏs
sɴ
ʏsʟғ
s

sʀ;
I
ɴ

ʙ

ɢʟxʏ

Tʏʟ
Tʜʀ
╚══*✴*══╝

Sarah

Postby Liger-kun » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:19 pm

I would really like to do this as a computer drawing but I had the idea to late
If the due date gets extended again I'll do this one on a computer in a different pose.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Liger-kun

Postby ιηƒιηιтє. » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:43 am

A last minute submission from me as well, whoops. ^^; I was able to finish little Lava Guardian, hooray!
ιηƒιηιтє.
Gay and proud.

- - - -
I refuse to submit to
the ridiculousness that is
Burying your gays,
For the community in media
should be a reflection of our lives
not lead to the stomach,
not death by disease
not a standard so often given
that it assumes a stereotyped name.

I refuse to bow to my apparent fate,
of death simply waiting for love,
of that love unrequited;
I will never quit,
and I weep for those
that felt like they had to.
I weep for those butchered
by a pixelated pen.

- - - -

Clexa | Camren | Cophine | Bumbleby | Cartinelli
Sleeping Warrior | Doccubus | Mikaanie | Hollstein
Emison | Beronica | Wayhaught | Korrasami | Shoot

Want a chance to win this (and more!) in a giveaway? Click!
Want to comission me? Send me a PM!
A forever tribute to Monty Oum. RIP ~

CS

TR

IG

SM

TT

ιηƒιηιтє.

Postby Sarah » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:20 am

Okay, so I managed to upload these (please note that I'm rather bad at digital art. I ususally only do traditional, which looks 10 times better in my case, but the camera of my mobile phone is broken and I can't take any pictures >.<) :
    Their species is called 'canis tantibus', which is latin and means 'nightmare wolf'. They are the size of a normal wolf, sometimes slightly smaller. Their diet consists of dreams, which you can see in the form of lights inside of their transparent 'core'. They eat the dreams of both humans and animals and clearly show a preference in what kinds of dreams they like. When eating a crature's dream, the creature itself isn't harmed in any way, it simply wakes up thinking it hasn't dreamed anything. If the first bone of their tail gives off a slight glow then that means they are happy, but usually you can only see it when it's dark. Their scary appearance is only used to scare away potential predators and they rarely have to fight in general, since they are a normally peaceful species.

Here's an other example:
    They're a little blurry because I have no idea what size is good to post on a website (I really am a digital-noob), so I originally posted them in the size of 1600 x 1200 pixels and had to edit them to 600 x 450 pixels ._.

Here are the non-blurry versions:
    Canis Tantibus 1 & Canis Tantibus 2

EDIT:
    2nd entry: Pharao Deer
    These creatures aren't nearly as innocent a they look. As their name already suggests, they are only living in Egypt. They have been living there for thousands of years, hunting and feasting on the souls of dying Egyptians. A few thousand years back, these creatures have been agressive hunters, with a whole different appearence: They had big horns, hundreds of gems encrusted over their body that had the function to seal the souls they caught, glowing eyes and sharp teeth. They were immortal as long as they were able to consume souls and one soul was enough for them to survive another 100 years. Once they failed to catch any more souls and their time ran out, they would lose their ability to eat souls and die in a few days.
    However over the years the Egyptians learned how to hunt these creatures down, made custommade traps for them and started collecting their gems as trophies and because of their high value. Because of that most of their species died out, but some managed to escape into a deep cave, where the humans couldn't find them anymore. This is when they started to change. After about two thousand years they started to wander out of the cave and back into the dunes. Nowadays they only have to consume water and moonlight to survive. Though, the fact that they can't defend themselves anymore has made them a big target for hunters.

ғαιияєαcн
F Gʟxʏ Aɴɪɴ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>this is me<<
German/Female/Snake lover
She/Her pronouns
You can call me Sun/Sunrise!
❝gimme all your crystal pets!❞

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
⋅⋇⋅⋅⋇⋅

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
╔══*✴*══╗
I
ʜ
ʟʏs
sɴ
ʏsʟғ
s

sʀ;
I
ɴ

ʙ

ɢʟxʏ

Tʏʟ
Tʜʀ
╚══*✴*══╝

Sarah

Postby Liger-kun » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:48 pm

Only had time to do a head shot
Old snow bird-panther, the wind is blowing hard.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Liger-kun

Postby Kenai » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:19 am

ekkk so sorry for being late, but entries are close now, I will be looking through them now .o.
Thank you for everything, I appreciate the generosity and kindness the community had in it during the short time I had to spare.
However I have no time left for this hobby, and I can no longer stay active, let alone inactive. Thank you everyone, and goodbye from the 1st October onwards:C <3

Twitter: @Haxorua_
Kenai

Re: Judging > check it

Postby Kenai » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:47 am

Alright m8s, so coming in order is

Grand: Infinite

First: Liger-Kun

Second: Hinode

I absolutely loved all of the entries, I'm glad you're all going to be getting good prizes for these intriguing designs. So yee, I'll be messaging you guys when it's time to come haul in the pets. Haha
Thank you for everything, I appreciate the generosity and kindness the community had in it during the short time I had to spare.
However I have no time left for this hobby, and I can no longer stay active, let alone inactive. Thank you everyone, and goodbye from the 1st October onwards:C <3

Twitter: @Haxorua_
Kenai

Previous

Return to Art Contests