Seeking Elde Character Art! Everyone gets a prize! (Results)

Hold and participate in art contests here.

Seeking Elde Character Art! Everyone gets a prize! (Results)

Postby Sphye » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:03 pm

Hi hello, and welcome! I have a slight problem with keeping too many characters, and today is the day that that problem could benefit you! I'm seeking art of my Eldemorian characters and their bonded creatures, and if you can provide that art, you can win rare or ultra rare pets!

Details
I would like art of not just my characters, but their bonded creatures, too. I would prefer to have the creatures in the same picture as their bond, but standalone art of any of them would be absolutely fine, too. ^^
Of my characters, there are a few whom are particularly lacking in art, or whom I would like to see more art of specifically. If you need a more detailed description of any character on the list at any point, feel free to post here or PM me!! ^u^
Sumati Dalca
Bonds and/or companions.

A mystic dragoon, disabled from the waist down. She can be drawn wearing plain clothes, such as a white-collared shirt and simple pants, or in something fancier, like a nice blouse and long skirt. If she is depicted with her bond, Vritra, she is likely to be wearing something much more practical. This can be what you imagine the Dragoons' uniforms to look like, or it can be something plainer.
      Vritra is a male drake, his head reaching somewhat taller than a two-floor building. When he and Sumati fly, she is strapped to the base of his neck belly-down, her legs and waist fastened so that they can't be moved.

Susila Gallus
Bonds and/or companions. (N/a)

A servant-caste Avian butler and babysitter. His most noticeable feature is his mustache, which he keeps carefully groomed to consist only of feathers. The reference on his profile doesn't well represent his actual body type, not his wings. Susila is of a heavier build, his body shaped somewhat like a pear. His wings are large and fluffy, like an araucana or americauna chicken (photograph source). His clothing is most likely to be a suit or something similarly clean and formal, but you are free to draw him in other styles of clothing, too. He enjoys wearing sundresses when nobody is around, so that would suit just as well. ^^

Essie Darzi
Bonds and/or companions +Velours Rouge (Crimson Zebra Pygmy elkrin) & Eris (Black Mists elkrin)

Essie is a newly-initiated Watch Crow, and a brat with a habit of picking fights. She is built lean and muscular, with broad shoulders and a relatively flat bust. Her skin is somewhat darker than in the image on her profile. Her vest, similar to this, but in black, is a fairly consistent piece of apparel for her. With it she may wear anything from what she is wearing in the reference to a sweater and dark pants to a black cloak hiding the rest of her clothes.
      Olive, Essie's blood-bound crow, is a rather timid personality, though very sweet. She often prefers to hide behind Essie or either of her elkrin. Velours Rouge is slightly larger than a Sea Serval, and is most often found slung over Essie's shoulders, being carried around. Eris, Essie's only true magical bond, is very silent and very calculating. She prefers to blend with the shadows, an easy feat when her inherent magic is considered. She is large enough for Essie to ride easily.

Halvard Ek
No bonds, entirety of homestead is under his care.

Halvard is an Elvian, self-tasked with caring for the entirety of The Codex, his own collection of as many of Eldemore's magical creatures as he can find. His antlers are much fuller than in the reference, which you can chalk up to me being bad at things. Halvard is just barely shorter than average, at about 5'7", with a somewhat chubby but still graceful physique. His jaw is more defined than in the reference, also thanks to me being bad at things. He likes to dress in a style best described as a cross between formal and comfortable.

Konani Cardona
Bonds and/or companions.

Konani is an agender wolfkin, a hatter's apprentice living in Darak'i. They're built small and thin, seeming tinier than they really are despite their height of 5'6". They dress in simple, professional clothes, usually little more than a nice pair of pants, a white-collared shirt, and a vest with some sort of accessory. If you'd like to deck them out in something louder, like a colorful sweater, be my guest.
      Sneetch is Konani's Guardian Direwolf bond. Both are incredibly loyal to each other, either ready to break their usually-aloof appearances if needed for the other. Sneetch stands with his shoulders reaching a bit higher than Konani's waist.

Taylan Koli
Bonds and/or companions.

Taylan is a wandering Elvian with a fascination for humans' ability to channel magic despite having none of their own. He is tall and thin, like a weird, dextrous beanpole consisting 60% of legs. He likes to dress with flair, often wearing a coat similar to this, but in shades of dark brown and tan, with long boots like so. Anything else is meant to be fairly simple, complimenting the aforementioned pieces.
      Esen is not Taylan's bond, but rather a companion. Taylan doesn't know how to form a magical bond, but both he and Esen are content to just enjoy one another's company. Esen is a cautious doe, acting as the physical voice of reason when Taylan's fails. Only occasionally does she allow anyone to ride her.

Prizes
ImageImageImage
Prize Group~
The Grand Prize Winner will have their choice of 100 baubles or any four pets from the prize group, limit two Ultra Rares.

The Runner Up will have their choice of any four pets from the prize group after the Grand Prize winner has chosen. No limitations on the Ultra Rares, should the Grand Prize winner opt to receive the baubles instead, or should they choose not to take any of the Ultra Rares.

The Third Place Winner will receive the remainder of the Prize Group after the Grand Prize winner and Runner Up have chosen their prizes.

ALL ENTRANTS will receive ten baubles upon submitting their first entry, and and additional five for a second entry.

Rules
  • Please keep a positive attitude! Even if you don't win, you'll receive a prize for your entry/entries.
  • Please don't make any rude remarks to myself or any of your fellow entrants. ^u^
  • I will be keeping all entry art. ^^
  • Digital art is greatly preferred.
  • Naturally, all of Eldemore's usual, creative forum, and contest rules apply.

End Date

August 5th
Extended to August 10th
Extended to August 15th
If you need an extension, please let me know!~
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Re: Seeking Elde Character Art! Everyone gets a prize! (OPEN

Postby Sphye » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:13 pm

Entries:

Taylan and Esen by Lord Ghirahim.
Taylan by Lord Ghirahim.
Essie and Eris by Artemis.
Konani by SilentObserver. Edit: Colored version.
Vritra by LunaHydreigon.
Sumati by LunaHydreigon.
Susila by LunaHydreigon.
Velours Rouge by LunaHydreigon.
Eris by LunaHydreigon.
Olive by LunaHydreigon.
Sneetch by LunaHydreigon.
Halvard by LunaHydreigon.
Konani by LunaHydreigon.
Makbule by LunaHydreigon.
Esen by LunaHydreigon.
Taylan by LunaHydreigon.
Taylan by Cabe.
Makbule by Nattwinged.
by ebriose.

♪♪♪

Postby Sphye » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:13 pm

You may now post! I look forward to seeing your entries!
by ebriose.

♪♪♪

Postby LunaHydreigon » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:41 am

Hmmm... Are you ok with Headshots? =d I can't do the full human body yet, let alone females. ^^; Even if I do it's just luck I get the anatomy right, which is super rare. o_o"

--------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage
Founder of Choro-Q Universe | July 16 | Proud Artist
"To Watch & Protect"
~Necro-Plazam, God of Plasma~
LunaHydreigon

Postby Sphye » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:44 am

LunaHydreigon wrote:
Hmmm... Are you ok with Headshots? =d I can't do the full human body yet, let alone females. ^^; Even if I do it's just luck I get the anatomy right, which is super rare. o_o"

Headshots would be absolutely fine! I'd love to see an entry from you, but if you don't have the time or the motivation I totally understand. ^u^
by ebriose.

♪♪♪

Postby LunaHydreigon » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:47 am

Sphye wrote:
Headshots would be absolutely fine! I'd love to see an entry from you, but if you don't have the time or the motivation I totally understand. ^u^

Yay! >w< I don't have really any motivation to draw besides making people happy really. xP It's just time is the problem with managing my youtube daily with videos and the big 15 minute animation project (which is a secret) I'm working on. But I can fit it in somewhere! C: So expect headshots probably. ^^

ImageImage
"To Watch & Protect"
LunaHydreigon

Postby cjr09 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:36 am

MARKING BECAUSE YOU'RE AWFUL SPHYE AWFUL HOPE YOU ENJOY SOME OF MY AWFUL ART AS RECOMPENSE

(When I draw stuff, anyway)
cjr09

Postby Sphye » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:42 am

cjr09 wrote:MARKING BECAUSE YOU'RE AWFUL SPHYE AWFUL HOPE YOU ENJOY SOME OF MY AWFUL ART AS RECOMPENSE

(When I draw stuff, anyway)

That's what I like to hear!

Edit: I've added another character to the front!~
by ebriose.

♪♪♪

Postby muriel » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:30 am

Marking
    yeet
    I still check in once in a while. Feel free to trade or pm me.
muriel

Postby LunaHydreigon » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:02 pm

I think I may have to drop out. My brother stole my tablet pen and I can't find it. Ordering one will take weeks... Sorry...

ImageImage
"To Watch & Protect"
LunaHydreigon

Next

Return to Art Contests