September 2017 Pet Raffle

Official site raffles and contests are held here.

Postby Benathorn » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:47 pm

Raffle runs from September 2nd - September 9th and ends the 9th at 11:59 PM site time.

Hello everyone, today is the start of a new month here on Eldemore. As such we are continuing our monthly pet raffles as a throwback to our old thread adopt days, and to offer you all an opportunity at obtaining some very special pets!

Below you will see a batch of new pets, these new pets are one of a kind here on the site which a handful of lucky users will be able to obtain. They are almost akin to customs, but with very few edits and a theme special to them alone.

To try out for a chance to obtain them will be very simple. No elaborate forms, art or writings are needed. Just your username and the raffle number of the pet you'd like to win is all you need to post. A form will be placed below to fill out for this. I will then put the names into four hats and randomly pull one out of each to place the winners~

Let me address a few things here since this is a bit new for our site. First off, this is currently planned to be a monthly raffle that lasts one week and starts at the beginning of each month with a special set you can try for. This raffle is not to be viewed as a punishment or an impossibility for anyone. It is meant to give everyone a chance to own something like a one of a kind custom.

I know many of you have wanted this for a while and I've spent quite some time thinking of the best way to do this fairly. Not everyone is going to win, but if you are an active member and come online each month you will always have the chance to try for one even if you do not win any of these.

Also, remember to remain polite and civil about this topic. If it is not your cup of tea or you dislike it for whatever reason, please keep such opinions to yourself and do not post them here. This is just a fun, extra thing that both my artists and I wanted to do as a gift for you all. This will not become a thread for debate, especially since I need this thread to remain as neat and clear as possible so raffle entries don't become lost in the pages.

Besides this, please read the rules below over carefully before you submit your form! If a rule is broken then your raffle entry may not be accepted-- so read them rules over and over, and then some~

-------------------------------------------------------

:Raffle Rules:

- You may only post ONE raffle entry and for only ONE raffle pet. This means you may only apply to win one of the pets you like most. If you post for more, or more than once, they will not be accepted.

- Staff can not participate in raffles. Everyone on staff already has a chance at obtaining personalized customs to their choice for their birthdays, so they will not be permitted to join these raffles.

- Your account must be over 3 months old with more than 50 posts. I'm afraid newly made accounts can not participate so as to avoid users who try to cheat by making multiple new accounts to apply for raffle pets.

- Cheat and you will be banned permanently from the site. Don't throw away your whole account for one of these. It's not worth it, and if you are found cheating at our raffles all your pets will be taken, your raffle pet will be given away to someone else, and you will not be allowed back on this site.

- Don't harass the winners. Congratulate them and move on or don't say anything at all. Do NOT berate them or complain about losing. Everyone has a fair chance at these, and if it is found that you are putting others down for your loss, then a strike will be placed on your account and you will be banned from the next raffle. It is understandable to be dejected, but it goes against site rules to take out your anger and disappointment on others. Any rude or unnecessary comments will be deleted from this thread as seen fit.

- Those who win can not participate in the next 2 raffles. Winners have a cool down period. If you win this raffle, you will not be allowed to participate in the next two raffles of the following months. However, after those two months are up you are allowed to join back into the fray. Any winners caught trying to cheat or apply for new raffles before their cool down is up will be warned or banned accordingly. This rule is in place to give everyone an equal chance.

Even if you trade or auction off your raffle pet, you still must adhere to this cool down period and it does not apply to the user you trade the raffle pet to. Names and IP addresses will be kept and recorded to reinforce this, so please do not try to cheat or you may risk being banned permanently from our site.

- You must fill out the raffle form to enter. Simply posting with no form will not enter you in the raffle. Fill out the form, post it on the thread, and you will be entered for the pet of your choice.

-------------------------------------------------------

Raffle Form

(FILL THIS OUT TO ENTER! READ RULES)
    Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b] (Place Name Here)
    [b]Raffle Pet:[/b] (Place the raffle number of the pet you'd like to try for, here.)
Benathorn
Administrator

Re: October 2017 Pet Raffle

Postby Benathorn » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:49 pm

FAQ

- How long do monthly raffles last? Monthly raffles last for one week, so it begins on the 1st, and closes at the end of the 7th. They will come once each month, for as long as we want to do it, so you will likely have another chance to try for a raffle pet of your very own if you do not win this one.

- How will I obtain my raffle pet if I win? I will send them to you in a trade of course! These little guys will be sitting in my Homestead waiting to go to their new owners during the raffle week. Once that is done, they will be sent out, so look for them in your trading post~

- Will I be allowed to trade or auction off my raffle pet if I choose? Yes, like all pets on our site, you are free to trade or auction them off as long as it follows our site rules.

- Will each raffle be for the same species or will it vary? It will always vary and depends on what the artist makes to be released. For our first release I did elkrin, but another artist could do a set based on ligers or otterlings, if you'd rather wait and try for the next raffle instead.

- Do these raffle pets grow? Yes, all raffle pets grow unless they are specified as a pygmy beforehand. The gender will also be stated for our gender based pets as well, like stags or does. They always come as babies first, but once the raffle is done, the winners get to watch their pet grow into adults.

- When will the winners be announced? Raffle winners will be announced after the deadline. Either the day of or after the thread is closed.

- Will these have a custom rarity tag or a Legendary tag? These will have custom tags since essentially that is what they are. Which means they are one of a kind and not like your average monthly pet.

- Will my form be counted if I don't meet the three months or 50 post requirement? No, I'm afraid your raffle application will not count if your account here is not at least three months old and has at least 50 posts. There is no way around this, so messaging me to change or make an exception will not be tolerated or answered. Fair is fair and this is the best possible way to keep things fair for everyone.

Benathorn wrote:
    I'm going to post my response here from a previous inquiry, as well as on the front page, about our 50 post requirement. This requirement will not be changed and does indeed mean your form will not be counted unless you meet said requirements regardless of your account's age.

I'm afraid we must stand by this rule purely to stop any cheaters from making more than one account and applying multiple times to the raffle. It is easy to gain three months to one's account, but adding that 50 post mark also helps to discourage anyone who tries to do this.

Understand why we have this in place, it is to help protect and keep the raffles as fair as possible. It can be fairly easy to gain 50 posts in our forum games section in under a few days. You do not have to interact or post much if you are forum shy there, so perhaps that may help you if you'd like to add a bit to your post count so that you may be able to participate~
Benathorn
Administrator

Re: 2017 Pet Raffle

Postby Benathorn » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:09 pm

Star Eater Basilisks
Design By: Benathorn

(Raffle Pet 1: Blue Star Eater Basilisk)

(Raffle Pet 2: Orange Star Eater Basilisk)

(Raffle Pet 3: Green Star Eater Basilisk)

(Raffle Pet 4: Purple Star Eater Basilisk)

Star Eater Basilisks

From darkness they are born and towards the dim light of the stars they forever follow. Local folk have given them a simple name, one that firmly states the intent of the creatures, yet seems to hold a far grimmer end to those drawn to the serpents of old. They call them 'Star Eaters', for by some unholy magic they devour the light of the stars in the night sky that surrounds them, letting the remnants of their luminous feast dot their skin, while using the magical light of imitation to draw in their true prey from the forest floors below. Both unsuspecting creature and man who see the moving lights of the stars slip through the trees above them, stand transfixed at the odd sight, ever-still in simple wonder as the serpents slowly descend upon their meal with glee... all the while an eternal darkness overtakes their prey in the deathly silence of the now starless night. ~Written by: Benathorn
Benathorn
Administrator

Re: September 2017 Pet Raffle

Postby Shinoe » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:15 pm

Username: Shinoe
Raffle Pet: #1

My Cocoa~nut <3 Art by Grifforik
Shinoe

Postby Zeve » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:16 pm

Username: Zeve
Raffle Pet: 4
---Zeve
My Beautiful Custom Dire, Pride and Joy:
ImageArgo Navis

LUMIERE gifted to me by werew0lf made by Duzlla so precious <3
Zeve

Postby SunaTheWolf » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:19 pm

Username: SunaTheWolf
Raffle Pet: 1

I have extra montly and event pets to trade. Feel free to send me a trade for anything in my trade groups. ^^
I do have some baubles available for trade.

Dragon Cave Flight Rising Chicken Smoothie MagiStream Pokefarm Valley of Unicorns
Icon Origin

SunaTheWolf

Postby Duzlla » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:55 pm

Username: Duzlla
Raffle Pet: 1
Duzlla

Postby Shea » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:29 am

Username: Shea
Raffle Pet: 4
Shea

Postby Storybook » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:32 am

Username: Storybook
Raffle Pet: #1

ғαмєs σғ нσρє
Bʟᴜᴇ Fʟᴀᴍᴇ Eʟᴋʀɪɴ

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello!
I have one cat, two bettas,
albino corydoras and nerites.
My favorite color is burgundy.
I love moose tracks ice cream.
My favorite shows are Castle,
Scorpion, and Miraculous Ladybug.

Links
Eldemore Guide
What is this pet worth in baubles?
Is this a fair trade?
2017 Monthly Chat
Sun's free Eld Signatures

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

x
x
Storybook

Postby Sneky » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:14 am

Username: Sneky
Raffle Pet: 2

Thank you!

Hey, I'm a Musician/Artist
that's up for chatting about pretty much anything.

~I'm up at unusual hours, so sorry if I don't see
trades/messages 'till late at night.

~Regarding trades, I only really trade for wish list pets,
and I don't trade anything I don't have a double of.

~I used to be the.Marshmallow.Owl

~Shiny new chatacter thread (yum yum)

Trades: Open
PM's: Open
Sneky

Next

Return to Official Site Raffles