Raffle Discussion Thread

Official site raffles and contests are held here.

Re: Raffle Discussion Thread

Postby Kiinotasha » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:21 am

Koi and Elkrin, two of my most favorite things <3
They are all so beautiful it was hard to pick from them, but I have finally settled and entered. I can't wait to see what they are going to look like as they grow!
"It has been said that 'Time heals all wounds', I do not agree. The wounds remain in time the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone." -Rose Kenady
ImageBy Skelisteri
ImageImageImage
Kiinotasha

Postby valiant-quest » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:37 am

Ahahaaaa elkrn as I predicted!
They're so pretty ;v;
I can't enter, but that's okay because it gives other people a chance to win.
I'm happy marveling at them from afar ^w^
I love the new elkrin lines so much. Especially the second stage!
valiant-quest

Postby Polly44 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:15 am

Oh.My.God! These Elkrin are stunning!! I spent 10 minutes deciding which one to try for, heh. Picked number 4, but i love 1 and 3 as well.
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Liger-kun » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:51 pm

It was so hard to choice this month >.<
They all are so pretty

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Liger-kun

Postby Mira » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:56 pm

*Puts out a guitar. Turns on deep male singer voice* Hello darkness, my old friend I've come to talk with you again...

Mira

Postby Falsanthin » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:37 pm

I bet these will be real stunners when they grow. I had a really hard time picking one to go for, particularly between the Kumonryu and Showa. I did want to go for the Showa because of all the amazing colours but so much competition for it so i went for the Kumonryu (which is one of my favourite koi breeds anyway).

Either way good luck to everyone and i'll definitely be looking forward to seeing the fully grown Elkrin even if i don't win one. Since its a raffle creature i don't expect line edits like fins and barbels which would be amazing but judging so far from the 1st stage/pygmy they will have some lovely markings.
ImageImageImageImage
Falsanthin

Postby Shin-Ah » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:39 am

Benathorn wrote:
Sany wrote:Good luck everyone!

Bena, you made such a stunning set in such a short timing, I'm so impressed! Can't wait to see what they'll look like grown up :D

Aww, well thank you. I'm glad you guys like them so far and I hope you all are having a good December with the holiday approaching. c:

24 hours and copious amounts of tea will get you through anything it seems lol... *crashes on desk*

Awww, Bena, I didn't know you actually pulled an all nighter for these pets for us~ D:

I thought you just pulled them out of a back up folder or something :O

I think we'll all agree that you don't need to do that and you could take your time if somethign like that were to happen, you need your rest, Bena. We all depend on you, you're the god of this lovely place lol.

Also what do you recommend for good tea? We (my roommate and I) only really ever have the same things really, English breakfast tea or rather generic stuff if our income is low enough.
Image A ᴛʜᴏᴜsᴀɴᴅ ʙʟᴀᴅᴇs ᴜɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ
Rᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪɴᴋ ᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅs, ʏᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪɴᴇ
Lᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴅᴇ ʀᴜsʜ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜAɴᴅ ᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴀʏ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ
ᴡᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
-Aᴍᴀʟᴇᴇ
Sʜᴇ/ʜᴇʀ, Gᴇɴᴅᴇʀᴘᴜɴᴋ
Sʜɪɴ-Aʜ ᴏʀ Jᴀyɴᴀ
Mᴇɴᴛᴀʟʟʏ Mᴀʀʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ Iᴋᴇ Fʀᴏᴍ Fɪʀᴇ Eᴍʙʟᴇᴍ
Sᴏᴄɪᴀʟʟʏ Aɴxɪᴏᴜs
Cʜᴀᴏᴛɪᴄ Gᴏᴏᴅ, INFP
Trade DA CS
Felis Fire Lioden
Fan fics Avatar Source
Charahub Pokefarm
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shin-Ah

Postby Sany » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:55 pm

Shin-Ah wrote:
Also what do you recommend for good tea? We (my roommate and I) only really ever have the same things really, English breakfast tea or rather generic stuff if our income is low enough.

I don't know how your budget is, but Lipton seriously has amazing tea. My favorites are Moroccon Mint, Blueberry muffin and strawberry cupcake. They're the pyramid kind and it's just so much better than those horrible powder tea things. Loose tea of course is great too, but I only know companies online from around here, so that's not helpful at all haha.

Also I agree Bena shouldn't pull all-nighters, but it did turn out some preeeetty epic raffle pets!

F O L L O W lalaY O U R lala D R E A M S

My Hoards
♥ Jackalopes
♥ Stage 1 Otterlings
♥ Cuttlefish
♥ Stage 1 Foo Dogs
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
lalalalalala
Haiia, I'm your average Eldemore addict!
I love all sorts of art, such as music,
crochet, photography and painting!
In real life, I'm a busy PhD student
and teaching assistent in medical sciences.
Oh, did I mention I'm a total Eld addict? ♥

lalalalalalalalalaT H E Y lala K N O W lala T H E lala W A Y
Sany

Postby Benathorn » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:17 pm

It's alright, I'm always more than happy to pull all nighters here for you guys and the site. I should have had a backup set in the wait, so that was my fault there for not preparing ahead of time, but I'll be sure to remember to do so in the future just in case.

Still, thank you guys so for your kind words and consideration-- we love to give it our all for everyone here that enjoys the site as much as we do~

Also, for tea, love myself a nice glass of wonderful vanilla chai tea while I work! You can find a small bottle of it at a whole foods or fresh market if you and your friend would like to give it a try, it looks like this. Or they also have the stuff to prepare yourself, but would definitely recommend. c:

But I also agree with Sany, Lipton makes some great tea that you can prepare yourself. I often use their stuff when I'm at home.

(My love for tea always makes me go off topic a bit so I apologize. Go raffle pets, whoo!)
Benathorn
Administrator

Postby Shin-Ah » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:45 am

Benathorn wrote:
    It's alright, I'm always more than happy to pull all nighters here for you guys and the site. I should have had a backup set in the wait, so that was my fault there for not preparing ahead of time, but I'll be sure to remember to do so in the future just in case.

Still, thank you guys so for your kind words and consideration-- we love to give it our all for everyone here that enjoys the site as much as we do~

Ah, it's perfectly fine in my book. You're still human and so are everyone else in the artists and staff. :) You never know when things will pop up in life. :3 But still just be careful because we all care about you X3 and we can always wait a few more hours for a release if need be.

I still think the designs of this month's raffle pets are amazing, and I honestly only ever thought it was a back up is likely due to my own paranoid thoughts would lead me to having some if I were in your position. :lol:

Like seriously deer are a weakness of mine so I love your elkrin species and you combine the beauty of koi with such a majestic species? It's a match made in heaven! X3

Sany wrote: I don't know how your budget is, but Lipton seriously has amazing tea. My favorites are Moroccon Mint, Blueberry muffin and strawberry cupcake. They're the pyramid kind and it's just so much better than those horrible powder tea things. Loose tea of course is great too, but I only know companies online from around here, so that's not helpful at all haha.

Benathorn wrote:

Also, for tea, love myself a nice glass of wonderful vanilla chai tea while I work! You can find a small bottle of it at a whole foods or fresh market if you and your friend would like to give it a try, it looks like -snip-. Or they also have the stuff to prepare yourself, but would definitely recommend. c:

But I also agree with Sany, Lipton makes some great tea that you can prepare yourself. I often use their stuff when I'm at home.

(My love for tea always makes me go off topic a bit so I apologize. Go raffle pets, whoo!)

Okay, this'll be the last of the tea-talk to stay on topic X'D

I really want to try some of those you mentioned really badly. QuQ My roommate as well XD

Seriously the Blueberry Muffin, Strawberry Cupcake and Vanilla Chai sound up my alley <3 and my roommate also really wants to try the mint tea (I'm not a big mint person myself, but that's just me.)

Sadly though, I don't have either of those stores close to me, both are about 2 hours drive away >,u,<
Image A ᴛʜᴏᴜsᴀɴᴅ ʙʟᴀᴅᴇs ᴜɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ
Rᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪɴᴋ ᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅs, ʏᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪɴᴇ
Lᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴅᴇ ʀᴜsʜ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜAɴᴅ ᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴀʏ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ
ᴡᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
-Aᴍᴀʟᴇᴇ
Sʜᴇ/ʜᴇʀ, Gᴇɴᴅᴇʀᴘᴜɴᴋ
Sʜɪɴ-Aʜ ᴏʀ Jᴀyɴᴀ
Mᴇɴᴛᴀʟʟʏ Mᴀʀʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ Iᴋᴇ Fʀᴏᴍ Fɪʀᴇ Eᴍʙʟᴇᴍ
Sᴏᴄɪᴀʟʟʏ Aɴxɪᴏᴜs
Cʜᴀᴏᴛɪᴄ Gᴏᴏᴅ, INFP
Trade DA CS
Felis Fire Lioden