New Site Development Update - January 25, 2021

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Re: New Site Development Update - January 25, 2021

Postby the black swordsman » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:57 pm

LLHBBB wrote:
the black swordsman wrote:
LonelyRyu wrote:Hmm..four and a half years and still waiting..oh well..at least this place hasn't been abandoned -or at least I hope it hasn't.

some of us are still here

I just wish we could get monthly updates instead of once a year updates. :P

ya that is rather annoying...
the black swordsman

Postby Tekla » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:57 pm

LLHBBB wrote:
the black swordsman wrote:
LonelyRyu wrote:Hmm..four and a half years and still waiting..oh well..at least this place hasn't been abandoned -or at least I hope it hasn't.

some of us are still here

I just wish we could get monthly updates instead of once a year updates. :P

see i thought this was supposed to be the whole point of the eldemore twitter account on the news page (which STILL claims to be where they'll post more frequent updates, yet the only updates there appear to be the same ones available here).

i'm pretty annoyed and increasingly skeptical that the site is even coming back in any capacity. it's been down since december *2017* - we're pushing 3.5 years now of downtime - and i think a better option would have been to keep the site going while they did the recode, like flight rising has done.

i feel pretty let down by the lack of more frequent updates and the continued downtime, to the point where i won't be staying even if the site does come back up. just gonna stay long enough to trade my pets for elsewhere and then be done with it. :/
I WILL NOT BE VERY ACTIVE HERE UNTIL THE SITE REOPENS. I will still check in occasionally for trades. If you want to trade your FR for my Eld, please message me on FR - my username is Kadaj.

Eld Trades | Offsite Trades

Art shop [closed]

Tekla

Postby LonelyRyu » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:38 pm

Tekla wrote:I just wish we could get monthly updates instead of once a year updates. :P
see i thought this was supposed to be the whole point of the eldemore twitter account on the news page (which STILL claims to be where they'll post more frequent updates, yet the only updates there appear to be the same ones available here).

i'm pretty annoyed and increasingly skeptical that the site is even coming back in any capacity. it's been down since december *2017* - we're pushing 3.5 years now of downtime - and i think a better option would have been to keep the site going while they did the recode, like flight rising has done.

i feel pretty let down by the lack of more frequent updates and the continued downtime, to the point where i won't be staying even if the site does come back up. just gonna stay long enough to trade my pets for elsewhere and then be done with it. :/

To be honest I am feeling the same way myself. I tried to be nice and patient but after so long and not even a token pet now and then to adopt I find that I am wondering if this site will ever be running again. Sadly I have seen many scenarios -similar to this one- being played out in regards to other sites. It follows similar patterns "We're redesigning" or "We're taking a hiatus 'cuz no one except us knows how to run the site and/or we're SO sick/poor/don't know how to code/can't find anyone to code/etc" .

Naturally there are occasions where these excuses are legit but I have been a member of many sites and they all fell to the wayside via the same exact script. Some will try to entice you by saying "Oh..it's just a couple more weeks or months then we'll be back" to keep members from leaving entirely.

Now, don't misunderstand, I understand that creating a website like this is not exactly easy-peasy and it can take a lot of work but with no updates (and I refuse to use discord or other social media) I wonder what is really happening.
Is it posible to have a site where one can do stuff even if it is playing some HTML5 games and just update as the work gets completed?

I really liked this site however when the RPG thing ended so abruptly and in a rather cheap way it was the first warning sign that something was up.
I'll keep checking in now and then but after four years I hope it is understood why some of us are a bit concerned about what fate holds for this place. If the project has been abandoned so more lucrative ventures could be pursued then at least let us know.
Not trying to be mean or impatient but with no new anything, even a pet or a game, I just wonder if everything is ok.
Image Imaginary Air Bender
LonelyRyu

Postby QWERTY » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:38 pm

I just hope this site is back again. i love the pets in this one. very different form others
this my world I dus what I wish to - Oh Yes Rainbow, All Hail Bandit! v
ImageImageImage
QWERTY

Postby Uspar » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:18 pm

I was hoping we were past months of radio silence
I came back after over a year and there is still 0 commuication. Disgraceful behaviour
Uspar

Postby furby » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:28 am

Uspar wrote:I was hoping we were past months of radio silence

agree. i've held out hope for the site this whole time, and i check in every so often. i'm finally starting to think maybe the site won't be coming back. with so few updates, it seems like the site may not be being worked on consistently. i hope if i'm right they'll at least consider selling it rather than letting it die.
Just like half the people on this website, I'm trying to get all of the pets. I have 184 pages left. I'm always looking for trades!
furby

Postby LLHBBB » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:30 pm

furby wrote:

agree. i've held out hope for the site this whole time, and i check in every so often. i'm finally starting to think maybe the site won't be coming back. with so few updates, it seems like the site may not be being worked on consistently. i hope if i'm right they'll at least consider selling it rather than letting it die.

Sad when the people coming to see if it's still alive seems to be more invested in the site than the owner/developer. I come on almost every day & keep hoping they will find the passion again for the site. Maybe it's no longer a joint project so it's lost it's appeal for them.
Not trading while the site is down - Sorry.

Image 7/4/16
LLHBBB

Postby Etherial » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:34 pm

furby wrote:

same here! i check in but honestly after so long i'm not feeling optimistic about it. it'd be nice to know one way or another at this point
Etherial

Postby Willzel » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:43 pm

Geeze, it's really been over four years now? And there hasn't even been a token pet release in ages. I could've missed one but, the last pet I have is 2 years old.

I understand life's been tough irl the past year, but if this how slow the site's development really is now, I honestly can't keep up a lot of hope for it gaining back any of its former steam even if it manages to re-open.

I'll probably keep checking when I remember this site exists every few months, but, gameplay wise I suppose this is goodbye unless I see something genuinely promising here. Just at this point, I have higher hopes for Neopets getting new and modern content than this place. At least people can still join and adopt there.
---
he * him
Willzel

Postby Salem » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:14 am

the site has been down for renovations for almost the same amount of time it was operating. august 2013-december 2017, 4 years 4 months operating, 3 years almost 7 months inoperating. kinda puts things in perspective.
Salem

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements