New Site Development Update - January 25, 2021

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Re: New Site Development Update - January 25, 2021

Postby furby » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:06 pm

I doubt site staff check here much but I'm going to throw out my opinion, coming from my zero experience running a pet site aside from art.

It seems like communication is the biggest issue. Of course us players aren't entitled to anything, but it would be great to know what's going on and to put speculation to rest. Maybe even a volunteer could make the social media posts. They could be as simple as "We were unable to get much done this [time period]. Our current aim is [whatever function]. Just something to know that the coder(s) is still there.

Maybe a Kickstarter or Patreon could help? Then staff would be able to hire people to work when they can't. It'd also boost interest in the site again. Lorwolf had a pretty successful KS recently, so it wouldn't be unprecedented. Not sure about others, but I'd be 100% interested in paying to get Eldemore back.
Just like half the people on this website, I'm trying to get all of the pets. I have 184 pages left. I'm always looking for trades!
furby

Postby Salem » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:35 pm

furby wrote:I doubt site staff check here much but I'm going to throw out my opinion, coming from my zero experience running a pet site aside from art.

It seems like communication is the biggest issue. Of course us players aren't entitled to anything, but it would be great to know what's going on and to put speculation to rest. Maybe even a volunteer could make the social media posts. They could be as simple as "We were unable to get much done this [time period]. Our current aim is [whatever function]. Just something to know that the coder(s) is still there.

Maybe a Kickstarter or Patreon could help? Then staff would be able to hire people to work when they can't. It'd also boost interest in the site again. Lorwolf had a pretty successful KS recently, so it wouldn't be unprecedented. Not sure about others, but I'd be 100% interested in paying to get Eldemore back.

^ this! we shouldnt have to poke around for hearsay on other sites to figure out what the admins are up to. even a one sentence update every month would be more than welcome by everyone here, i think. it takes longer to brush your teeth than do that. i check this site about every day out of habit, and i think this lack of communication has severely damaged relations between the site and the people that still care about it. i know many people that arent planning on returning at all now because of the lack of communication. people feel abandoned.

a kickstarter or patreon would be great, and would make finishing the update more feasible to the admins if theyre lives are too hectic to code it themselves. but if something isnt said or done sooner rather than later, the people that are still left around here are going to lose faith and any crowdfund will probably be less successful because of that.
Salem

Postby Matreats » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:39 pm

Cosiel wrote:Benathorn & Zay are married, I believe, so I doubt it was a joint project that they abandoned. I know from other sites that Benathorn and Zay have a lot going on behind the scenes, and I'm sure with the added pressure of how 2020 and 2021 have been, Eldemore 2.0 may have been put on the backburner.
With that being said, they've dedicated a lot to this project and I know the GM is active almost daily and I would imagine communicates with Zay & Benathorn.
I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Eldemore 2.0 but have no quarrels waiting if it means what they release will be better than what we expected.
The only thing we can do as players is offer support by sticking around, and hope for the best. This site is still up and functional, so they are obviously still paying for the upkeep and I for one, wouldn't forget about something I pay for monthly or yearly.

The community is still here.

Ditto to this!! ^^ <3

╒═══════════════╕
Hello there! My name is Matisse,
and I enjoy drawing, Undertale,
Minecraft, Voltron, Pokemon,
and Eldemore. I'm more active
on Eldemore, so feel free to
send a trade! I don't care much
for pet rarities, just looks.

╘═══════════════╛
╒═══════════════╕
╘═══════════════╛
ᏢᎪᏆᎥᎬᏁᏟᎬ
ᎽᎬᎥᏞᎠs

u

Matreats

Postby Archer » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:58 pm

It's not my place to share what's going on in the admin's personal lives, so I will just say that they are definitely justified right now for focusing on real life priorities~ <3

I know that doesn't make waiting for an update any easier, but I know that, personally, I'm still chilling patiently in the background and will continue to do so until I'm given a reason not to. This site was never a business, it's always been a work of love and it shows in the community that developed around it.

Hello! :)
If you have any questions
or concerns, or just
want to chat, feel free to
PM me.

Important Links and
Threads

Guides & Tutorials

To watch and protect.

Image Image Image
Archer
Global Moderator

Postby RaeDirynt » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:30 am

I'm hoping what y'all say is true and they are intending to come back. I don't have any other reason to quit the site while it still runs and there are still people on it, and I still have plenty of pets to collect. I'm gonna get back on the site (more actively) and use the time to start trying to finish that collection. So if anyone wants to trade, hit me up!

In the meantime,

-Peace and love to the GMs and the other moderator types trying to keep up with this place.

-I hope for everything going on with the owners and coder's personal lives to be okay and healthy.

-General love to everyone else still lurking in the shadows of Eldemore! Keep it up peeps!
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

USATroop supporter! I support the Wounded Warrior Project!

I'm always trading FR items and currency for Eldemore~
Feel free to message me! FR username = RaeDirynt
RaeDirynt

Postby Uspar » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:04 am

I understand real life gets in the way, I think many people can confirm as much. A simple post saying that would be more than enough. I'd absolutely take tiny/small frequent (and by this I mean as much as is currently possible outside of anything more important) posts over dead silence
I came back after over a year and there is still 0 commuication. Disgraceful behaviour
Uspar

Postby LLHBBB » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:42 pm

Uspar wrote:I understand real life gets in the way, I think many people can confirm as much. A simple post saying that would be more than enough. I'd absolutely take tiny/small frequent (and by this I mean as much as is currently possible outside of anything more important) posts over dead silence

Agreed - whenever they find the time to log in just a few words saying they are still interested in getting the new site going would be enough.
Not trading while the site is down - Sorry.

Image 7/4/16
LLHBBB

Postby LonelyRyu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:10 pm

Archer wrote:
It's not my place to share what's going on in the admin's personal lives, so I will just say that they are definitely justified right now for focusing on real life priorities~ <3

I know that doesn't make waiting for an update any easier, but I know that, personally, I'm still chilling patiently in the background and will continue to do so until I'm given a reason not to. This site was never a business, it's always been a work of love and it shows in the community that developed around it.

I think this place has been abandoned.
Yeah, I know the the typical story; the admins have a real life but so do the rest of us. If, after nearly four years there has been nothing happening and nary a word said to us on THIS forum, not discord or some other outlet then what sort of conclusion are we to arrive at? Pretty much the only conclusion is that this place has been abandoned, leaving the rest of us looking over our shoulders.

The admins couldn't even be bothered to have someone else to speak on their behalf and post an update here to inform us either way on what the next step will be.
We were told the best estimate of relaunch was in 2018 and now it is sailing towards the end of 2021.
I miss the cool pets and all but we and this place has been ditched and forgotten. Heh, fine. I have other places to go that are interested in keeping the members it has.
I might check in occasionally but I don't expect anything anymore.
Image Imaginary Air Bender
LonelyRyu

Postby Mckarca » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:35 pm

LonelyRyu wrote:
Archer wrote:

I think this place has been abandoned.
Yeah, I know the the typical story; the admins have a real life but so do the rest of us. If, after nearly four years there has been nothing happening and nary a word said to us on THIS forum, not discord or some other outlet then what sort of conclusion are we to arrive at? Pretty much the only conclusion is that this place has been abandoned, leaving the rest of us looking over our shoulders.

The admins couldn't even be bothered to have someone else to speak on their behalf and post an update here to inform us either way on what the next step will be.
We were told the best estimate of relaunch was in 2018 and now it is sailing towards the end of 2021.
I miss the cool pets and all but we and this place has been ditched and forgotten. Heh, fine. I have other places to go that are interested in keeping the members it has.
I might check in occasionally but I don't expect anything anymore.

I understand your sentiment, but eh, I'm still holding out hope. It's going on four years now since the break, but we know that at least as of the beginning of this year they were still working on it. While I do wish that we could get even just a one sentence update every one or two months (just saying "Yeah! Still working on it!"), I can see why it's taken so long. Overhauling the entire site has got to take a lot of time and work, and then throw on real-life problems on top of that (and then a global pandemic on top of that) and I can see why the original goal didn't work out.

But yeah. I wish we got more updates. I hope that if they did actually give up on the site, they would tell us.

And I am happy to see that there are still people popping back in every once in a while. :)

Hello fellow Eldemore Enthusiasts! I check in regularly (and often), so feel free to send me a message or a trade if you're bored!

Mckarca

Postby Matreats » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:18 am

Yep!!

╒═══════════════╕
Hello there! My name is Matisse,
and I enjoy drawing, Undertale,
Minecraft, Voltron, Pokemon,
and Eldemore. I'm more active
on Eldemore, so feel free to
send a trade! I don't care much
for pet rarities, just looks.