Artist & Archivist Applications Are Open

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Re: Artist & Archivist Applications Are Open

Postby Mira » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Sany wrote:
God's Princess wrote:I have question regarding the archivist position. When it says, "You must be knowledgeable in the site's lore, pets, and layout, but most of all, current pet outcomes and growths, which is the meat and potatoes of this position," does this mean that I have to know the whole backstory of the sealer?
I have only been on the site since the Spring Event of 2016 so my knowledge of the sealer's story is limited. Will this affect my chances of being chosen as Archivist?

I think the most important part is knowing what pet is what. Should a newbie ask you about some outcome, that you'd be able to know what species it is, that you can explain what a pygmy is.
Though it's always great to know some background on the whole lore! There's a thread with all the cutscenes of the events here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10578
That's a great way to get up to speed with the story if you're interested :)

(also this comment should be backed up by staff/Bena ^-^)

Sanys statement is completely right. You need to know the basic pet lore and be able to identify a liger as liger and an elkrin as elkrin etc.
What I can tell from being the "backup archivist" it's most important that you know about the pets itself, and not the sealers story. :)
(sorry for typos, I was on mobile)

Mira

Postby God's Princess » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:11 pm

Mira wrote:
Sany wrote:
God's Princess wrote:I have question regarding the archivist position. When it says, "You must be knowledgeable in the site's lore, pets, and layout, but most of all, current pet outcomes and growths, which is the meat and potatoes of this position," does this mean that I have to know the whole backstory of the sealer?
I have only been on the site since the Spring Event of 2016 so my knowledge of the sealer's story is limited. Will this affect my chances of being chosen as Archivist?

I think the most important part is knowing what pet is what. Should a newbie ask you about some outcome, that you'd be able to know what species it is, that you can explain what a pygmy is.
Though it's always great to know some background on the whole lore! There's a thread with all the cutscenes of the events here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10578
That's a great way to get up to speed with the story if you're interested :)

(also this comment should be backed up by staff/Bena ^-^)

Sanys statement is completely right. You need to know the basic pet lore and be able to identify a liger as liger and an elkrin as elkrin etc.
What I can tell from being the "backup archivist" it's most important that you know about the pets itself, and not the sealers story. :)
(sorry for typos, I was on mobile)

Alright, thank you both! I will be sure to read up on the story line lore and I am very familiar with the pet lore already.
Goal: Complete Collection (24 Pages Left)
My Favorite Pets! <3
ImageImage
God's Princess

Postby Benathorn » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:03 am

Applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted a form! An Announcement will be made soon to announce our new staff~
Benathorn
Administrator

Previous

Return to Announcements