Artist & Archivist Applications Are Open

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Re: Artist & Archivist Applications Are Open

Postby Sphye » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:33 pm

Nightshimmer wrote:Can't seem to find this info anywhere. Is artist position paid or volunteer?

All staff positions are officially volunteer positions. Artists are compensated in the form of baubles for each set done, but Eldemore cannot offer real-world currency. ^^
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Benathorn » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:51 pm

Nightshimmer wrote:Can't seem to find this info anywhere, sorry if I missed it somehow. Is artist position paid or volunteer?

Application:
    Please fill out all parts of the form to the best of your abilities, using legible English and complete sentences where applicable. Experience with other pet adoptable sites or art sites in general should be stated within your form, as we would love to have an experienced artist join us to help with our events and heavier months. At the bottom of the form, you'll find a link to download our art test file. Please use it to complete the last item in the form to the best of your ability.

Also, please understand that this is a volunteer position. We do not compensate artists with any real world currency at this time, nor are we in any position to. Our staff is a great place to gain experience for your artistic skills, add to your resume, and work with an awesome team of fellow artists.

If you believe you fit all these requirements and wish to help, please take the time to fill out the form below in its entirety by copying it into an email and sending it to: applications@eldemore.com.
    Please make the subject line "Application for Artist: [your username]". If you have any questions, please send a private message to either Benathorn or Jendalie, or email us at the same address.

After the closing date, we will take time to review the forms and contact the members we feel will best serve the site and its many users.

It is stated in our artist application forms so be sure to read through it all carefully before applying if you choose to do so.
Benathorn
Administrator

Postby Polly44 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:48 pm

I am applying for Archivist! How exciting. :D Good luck everyone.
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby ChocolateKittens » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:50 am

Can't apply yet,(I'm too new, and I know that you don't want anyone who could desert you!) So good luck to everyone applying! I hope the best person gets in! And I am so looking forward to see what the new artist will be like. And good luck to the people applying to archivist! Lucky you, that you can apply! I hope that the best gets in!
Hi!

ImageImage
ChocolateKittens

Postby Nightshimmer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:17 am

Thank you so much for the answer! I'll give it a pass then.
Good luck to all applicants! Can't wait to see new beautiful art :)
Nightshimmer

Postby gert3 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:04 pm

GouramiGirl wrote:Can't apply yet,(I'm too new, and I know that you don't want anyone who could desert you!) So good luck to everyone applying! I hope the best person gets in! And I am so looking forward to see what the new artist will be like. And good luck to the people applying to archivist! Lucky you, that you can apply! I hope that the best gets in!

Same. I'm still at 5 months I believe
gert3

Postby SunaTheWolf » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:28 pm

I wish I could apply, but I haven't been around quite long enough.
I wish the best of luck to everyone else and I look forward to see who gets the positions. :)

I have extra montly and event pets to trade. Feel free to send me a trade for anything in my trade groups. ^^
I do have some baubles available for trade.

Dragon Cave Flight Rising Chicken Smoothie MagiStream Pokefarm Valley of Unicorns
Icon Origin

SunaTheWolf

Postby Falsanthin » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:36 am

Good luck all those applying. Can't wait to see the new art
ImageImageImageImage
Falsanthin

Postby God's Princess » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:15 pm

I have question regarding the archivist position. When it says, "You must be knowledgeable in the site's lore, pets, and layout, but most of all, current pet outcomes and growths, which is the meat and potatoes of this position," does this mean that I have to know the whole backstory of the sealer?
I have only been on the site since the Spring Event of 2016 so my knowledge of the sealer's story is limited. Will this affect my chances of being chosen as Archivist?
Goal: Complete Collection (24 Pages Left)
My Favorite Pets! <3
ImageImage
God's Princess

Postby Sany » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:36 pm

God's Princess wrote:I have question regarding the archivist position. When it says, "You must be knowledgeable in the site's lore, pets, and layout, but most of all, current pet outcomes and growths, which is the meat and potatoes of this position," does this mean that I have to know the whole backstory of the sealer?
I have only been on the site since the Spring Event of 2016 so my knowledge of the sealer's story is limited. Will this affect my chances of being chosen as Archivist?

I think the most important part is knowing what pet is what. Should a newbie ask you about some outcome, that you'd be able to know what species it is, that you can explain what a pygmy is.
Though it's always great to know some background on the whole lore! There's a thread with all the cutscenes of the events here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10578
That's a great way to get up to speed with the story if you're interested :)

(also this comment should be backed up by staff/Bena ^-^)

F O L L O W lalaY O U R lala D R E A M S

My Hoards
♥ Jackalopes
♥ Stage 1 Otterlings
♥ Cuttlefish
♥ Stage 1 Foo Dogs
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
lalalalalala
Haiia, I'm your average Eldemore addict!
I love all sorts of art, such as music,
crochet, photography and painting!
In real life, I'm a busy PhD student
and teaching assistent in medical sciences.
Oh, did I mention I'm a total Eld addict? ♥

lalalalalalalalalaT H E Y lala K N O W lala T H E lala W A Y
Sany

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements