Changes to Events this Year

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Changes to Events this Year

Postby Zayin » Sat May 06, 2017 7:33 pm

Hey everyone, I'm here to announce some significant changes for our events this year.

Eldemore is at a place now where it needs some revitalization. It has done very well the past few years, but for its long-term growth, it needs to be revamped and updated. Because of the way our site has evolved so much since its creation, it has been a difficult code base to work with. Eldemore has grown out of the phpBB forum software, which at this point, is holding us back. Things have been error prone and putting together events has proven to be a monumental task each season, given the level of thought and care we put into them. So we've decided to build a new Eldemore.

Therefore, we will be scaling back events a lot for this coming year. The story and new features will be scaled back to minimal while we focus our efforts on building a new Eldemore. We will continue to do events and give out themed pets, but there won't be NPC's, backgrounds, or story. Just tokens and pets with a theme, starting with our Spring event. We don't like doing this, but the current site makes it difficult for us to be flexible and develop our events and features. A new site will breathe all new life into Eldemore and give us tons more flexibility to do the kind of things we've always wanted to, which to me, is very exciting.

Now I don't have much to tell you about the new site except that it's already been started on, but it will still be the same game you've all come to love. No features are being removed (including the forums), no data will be reset or lost, and we are still definitely a pet adopts site. I can't say what all new features we will be adding, but we have listened to your feedback and requests and will be taking those things into consideration. Right now, we are hoping to have this ready by the end of the year. Also, I am still working on the big item trading update, so that will hopefully be rolled out shortly.

So again, that's why our events will be very minimalistic for the coming year. If you have any questions, please post them here and I will do my best to answer them.

Thanks everyone for your support!






























Forevermore wrote:
Image































-Site Help Corner-



Report Site Glitches Here

Rarity Updates

Site & Forum Rules

Eldemore Lore & Info



Image
"To Watch and Protect"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Zayin
Code Wizard
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Re: Changes to Events this Year

Postby ChocolateKittens » Sat May 06, 2017 8:17 pm

Ooh, a new and improved Eldemore? Sounds awesome! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Do you have any estimates on when it's going to be finished, or is it waaaaaay to early to tell yet? Also, the header is going to stay, right?
Hi!

ImageImage
User avatar
ChocolateKittens
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Changes to Events this Year

Postby Zayin » Sat May 06, 2017 9:01 pm

ChocolateKittens wrote:Ooh, a new and improved Eldemore? Sounds awesome! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Do you have any estimates on when it's going to be finished, or is it waaaaaay to early to tell yet? Also, the header is going to stay, right?

It's really to early to say, but we're aiming at the end of the year (I amended my post).

Are you talking about the Tiddly Winks glade header at the top? It'll probably change temporarily for our different events, but that's always the main one.






























Forevermore wrote:
Image































-Site Help Corner-



Report Site Glitches Here

Rarity Updates

Site & Forum Rules

Eldemore Lore & Info



Image
"To Watch and Protect"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Zayin
Code Wizard
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Re: Changes to Events this Year

Postby Liger-kun » Sat May 06, 2017 9:04 pm

This is going to be great!
though I loved reading Eld's events I don't mind going into this format for now.
Image
Neo ❤️

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Liger-kun
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Re: Changes to Events this Year

Postby God's Princess » Sat May 06, 2017 9:30 pm

I appreciate you keeping us in the loop for the future of Eldemore.

Will there ever be a tab added to the site that is a summary of past event stories, lore, etc? I am aware that there is a forum thread devoted to this, but I think it would be cool for new players to get a brief synopsis (if you will) of what has happened in events before they joined. I know I was really confused by some of the things being said in my first event on the site because those topics happened in events prior to joining. I am bringing this up because the current thread devoted to this is extremely long.
Goal: Complete Collection (24 Pages Left)
My Favorite Pets! <3
ImageImage
User avatar
God's Princess
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:18 pm

Re: Changes to Events this Year

Postby Seasons » Sat May 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Hi I was wondering if there's going to be easier way to get to our bookmarks.
Image
May Your Dreams become in your favor!
User avatar
Seasons
 
Posts: 2984
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Changes to Events this Year

Postby Zayin » Sat May 06, 2017 9:47 pm

God's Princess wrote:I appreciate you keeping us in the loop for the future of Eldemore.

Will there ever be a tab added to the site that is a summary of past event stories, lore, etc? I am aware that there is a forum thread devoted to this, but I think it would be cool for new players to get a brief synopsis (if you will) of what has happened in events before they joined. I know I was really confused by some of the things being said in my first event on the site because those topics happened in events prior to joining. I am bringing this up because the current thread devoted to this is extremely long.

Yes, we will have something like that in the new site. Those are exactly the kind of things we want to look at adding.

Seasons wrote:Hi I was wondering if there's going to be easier way to get to our bookmarks.

As a part of this, we are upgrading to the latest version of the phpBB forums, which has made a lot of nice improvements since the version we're on, though I'm not sure if bookmarks are specifically improved. With our current site, it's impossible to upgrade to the latest version, as it would break all of our Eldemore code :/






























Forevermore wrote:
Image































-Site Help Corner-



Report Site Glitches Here

Rarity Updates

Site & Forum Rules

Eldemore Lore & Info



Image
"To Watch and Protect"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Zayin
Code Wizard
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Re: Changes to Events this Year

Postby God's Princess » Sat May 06, 2017 9:55 pm

Alright, thank you for the above answer.
Just one more question: will there be an archive for items added?
Goal: Complete Collection (24 Pages Left)
My Favorite Pets! <3
ImageImage
User avatar
God's Princess
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:18 pm

Re: Changes to Events this Year

Postby ChocolateKittens » Sat May 06, 2017 9:55 pm

Zayin wrote:-snip-
Are you talking about the Tiddly Winks glade header at the top? It'll probably change temporarily for our different events, but that's always the main one.


Ooh, good.
Hi!

ImageImage
User avatar
ChocolateKittens
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Changes to Events this Year

Postby Zayin » Sat May 06, 2017 10:00 pm

God's Princess wrote:Alright, thank you for the above answer.
Just one more question: will there be an archive for items added?

Probably, but I can't guarantee that all this stuff will be in the initial release. Things will continue to be added after the initial release.






























Forevermore wrote:
Image































-Site Help Corner-



Report Site Glitches Here

Rarity Updates

Site & Forum Rules

Eldemore Lore & Info



Image
"To Watch and Protect"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Zayin
Code Wizard
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Next

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest