Eldemore is Taking a Break

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Re: Eldemore is Taking a Break

Postby Startedraining » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Zayin wrote:Your points are all well taken. I'm definitely going to keep tweaking the rarity designs as I didn't really spend much time putting those stars together. For me the two main reasons were switching to vector icons and showing a sense of scale. I think some distinct coloring would make sense, especially when dealing with a page full of pets. I'll keep tweaking the design and post it in the next update.

startedraining wrote:...does that mean that there will be a more predictable amount of pets on a page/how long the page will be? if someone has a group of only pygmy ligers, i don't have to scroll down to click to the next page, but if i have a whole page of drakes, i do. will the new homestead have a place for each image to sit in and have a border if it's too small, or will they still jumble together?

If I understand your question right, then yes... more or less. On pages like the Homestead and Trading, I'm trying to keep pets in a box that's always about the same size to prevent that sort of chaos where scrolling down through 20 otterlings takes forever compared to 20 eggs, or skewing the pets per row because of how wide each pet is. The only problem I'm dealing with now is the height, which still varies and is a lot more difficult to gracefully constrain than width.

yes, that's exactly what i was asking for Zayin ^^ thank you so much for trying to fix that! You're a hero.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Gothikadoll » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:13 pm

Hi Zayin
a friend of mine had a question but she doesn't speak english very well so i do the interpreter XD
do you intend to create a french section on the forum ? At least for the news, announcements and official games ?
Gothikadoll

Postby Sany » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:23 pm

Gothikadoll wrote:Hi Zayin
a friend of mine had a question but she doesn't speak english very well so i do the interpreter XD
do you intend to create a french section on the forum ? At least for the news, announcements and official games ?

You can just use google translate though? If I'm on any web page and right click, it sayd "translate to Dutch" for me, so I'm assuming for her it will be available for French.

F O L L O W lalaY O U R lala D R E A M S

My Hoards
♥ Jackalopes
♥ Stage 1 Otterlings
♥ Cuttlefish
♥ Stage 1 Foo Dogs
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
lalalalalala
Haiia, I'm your average Eldemore addict!
I love all sorts of art, such as music,
crochet, photography and painting!
In real life, I'm a busy PhD student
and teaching assistent in medical sciences.
Oh, did I mention I'm a total Eld addict? ♥

lalalalalalalalalaT H E Y lala K N O W lala T H E lala W A Y
Sany

Postby Startedraining » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:24 pm

Sany wrote:

You can just use google translate though? If I'm on any web page and right click, it sayd "translate to Dutch" for me, so I'm assuming for her it will be available for French.

There's also a google extension: boop! if you're using google chrome.

Though it'd be a really nice idea, to have the forum titles/codex/other non-personalized text be translated to other languages. I think the forum already has a Polish option?
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Gothikadoll » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:12 pm

yeah google translate exist but on long text it tends to..... mix things up ? That's why i do the translation for her and other french people
Gothikadoll

Postby Duesterwolf » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:25 am

Gothikadoll wrote:yeah google translate exist but on long text it tends to..... mix things up ? That's why i do the translation for her and other french people

True x'D Google is a good helper but ------ there could be better translators haha (I wish there were some lol)
Duesterwolf

Postby Zayin » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:32 pm

It's not a bad idea, but it would obviously be difficult since none of us speak French, therefore none of us can moderate it. We'd have to get one or more moderators for each language we want to have a section for and have them post announcements and moderate. It would be worth revisiting once we get things get going again, but it'd have to be community driven.

Forevermore wrote:

-Site Help Corner-

Report Site Glitches Here

Rarity Updates

Site & Forum Rules

Eldemore Lore & Info

"To Watch and Protect"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Zayin
Code Wizard

Postby Gothikadoll » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:20 am

ok Zayin, thanks for your answer ^^
Gothikadoll

Postby Mira » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:53 am

The new site update is awesome! The progress is really impressive, and I'm glad that things move smooth and steady on your end Zayin! I must say I can't wait to read about news about the Thorns cottage and bastions heart. Those will be extra exciting I'm sure! I know those will take some more time until the working process starts, but I'm excited. X3

Mira

Postby Coyote » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:55 pm

I'm really excited to see how smooth and easy it's going to be to organize pets. I love the feature of being able to switch between pages of pets while still keeping pets selected to be moved on previous pages. When I read about similar features being implemented to trading, that was even better! It sounds like future Eldemore is going to be much more user-friendly, and I'm also looking forward to being able to use the site on mobile more easily.

Thanks, Zayin, for all the hard work you're putting into this project. You're awesome!
x《▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃》
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
▅▄▀
▅▄▀