Eldemore is Taking a Break

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Re: Eldemore is Taking a Break

Postby Khai Dreams » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:39 pm

@sany

Really? I never knew that they were was talk about a pound like thing, that be cool and I just saw I'm so excited!
my biggest dreams obtained
Khai Dreams

Postby gamergirl96 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:53 pm

I can't wait till this site is running again :) super excited to see what will be new
hey there! feel free to check out my adoption center and trade groups! and if you donate please say it's a donation! thanks for reading!
gamergirl96

Postby LunaHydreigon » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:12 am

Wow! The website looks super amazing! Although I'll miss those stones, they were quite pretty! o: Maybe you can incorporate the colors in the number of stars (or whatever shape you choose to go with)? So like 1 star could be red, 2 stars could be green, etc. (This is an example Cx) I also like the amazing new info card! I've always been going back and forth from trades and codex and that will help so much on getting all the information you need to know. The years as well make sense! Calculating the years was quite a pain, plus as more years go on, it will look super silly with those days in the thousands. xD

Keep up the good work Zayin! <3

--------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage
Founder of Choro-Q Universe | July 16 | Proud Artist
"To Watch & Protect"
~Necro-Plazam, God of Plasma~
--------------------------------------------------------
LunaHydreigon

Postby Khai Dreams » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:35 am

Omg im so excited!!!! The starts look cool!
my biggest dreams obtained
Khai Dreams

Postby Silverhart » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:11 am

I love the new rarity system, the look of the homestead, the new date system and the pet info card! My only concern is if the rarity system is going to be stars it will be confusing to keep stars as a symbol for pygmy pets. I don't see any symbols on the homestead for the pygmy or custom pets. Will there be other symbols to differentiate them, or they being removed? I'm simply curious.

It looks amazing so far. I'm blown away at how much work you've been able to do so far.

And what is going on with that poor Void Drake? It looks like he's staring at what I assume is meant to be his name with extreme confusion. Such a silly duck. XD Seriously though, the names are great.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Dragonfirespinner » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:20 am

Looking great! I love the ability to return to the page in the pet list you were on, and linking the pets to the codex. Both of those will make it much easier to get around.
Thanks for the hard work!
"Real names tell you the story of the things they belong to."
JRR Tolkien
Dragonfirespinner

Postby Kiinotasha » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:54 am

Silverhart wrote:My only concern is if the rarity system is going to be stars it will be confusing to keep stars as a symbol for pygmy pets.

I was thinking that too. What if instead of using stars the stones were still kept but made into a scale like the stars are doing currently?

I'm loving a lot of the changes though. It's so cool to be able to follow the site step by step as its being built. Keep up the amazing work guys <3
"It has been said that 'Time heals all wounds', I do not agree. The wounds remain in time the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone." -Rose Kenady
ImageBy Skelisteri
ImageImageImage
Kiinotasha

Postby Salem » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:09 am

i LOVE the new previews! only thing im not super enthusiastic about is the rarity system. i associate the stars with pygmy pets, and i just in general really liked the creativity of the stone chart.

take my opinion with a grain of salt, but i think itd be lovely to have something like the star chart, but instead of the stars, keep the stones? like this:

to make it easier to tell what the rarity is the highest up could be a bit larger, or the smaller ones could just be greyed out.

my poor edits to articulate my suggestion ^^;
Salem

Postby Polly44 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:15 pm

I love the new age system. It's always been a pain to figure it out in years when it said 1264 days or something.

But I am not fond of the new rarity system. I don't like the look of it. And I have to think about the rarity of the pet far more than I do now. Now I can tell at a glance what rarity a pet is, especially if I have 100 pets on one page, I can just look at the stone colour and the wording and instantly know the rarity. (Though i go more by the word, than the stone.) I can go through my trade groups in minutes and reorganise them after rarity updates. But with the star system, that seems like it would make it far more difficult to do that. Because I would have to count the stars for each pet and then know what those number of stars each mean.
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby cjr09 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:32 pm

I love the new homestead page, and omg i ADORE the info box- will we be getting something on it similar to the Eldsona areas, where we can type info about the pet or personality things for them?

The big issue I have with the new rarity system is the clash of pygmy stars v rarity stars: will the pygmy stars change into something else, or be phased out entirely?

I would also agree with Polly44- I don't have the best eyes, so trying to count the stars (esp when they're laid half over one another) is very, very difficult for me, and chances are I'd constantly be counting and recounting without ever really getting it right. I think the color system worked better for rarities, since they could be understood at a glance rather than having to hover or count stars.
cjr09

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements