New Site Development Update - January 25, 2021

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Re: New Site Development Update - January 25, 2021

Postby Vazchu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:52 am

While I can agree it's sad to not get a tiny update every here and there on the state of progress ...
I wouldn't go as far as to say they've abandoned this site. For starters (as some already has said) the site is still up. If they had abandoned it, they would have stopped paying for it to stay up. I'm not one to say how large a server they have to keep the site on, though I can for certain say it's larger than the one I have for my website. And I pay somewhere around 40 US dollars a year. Mine is in the smallest size I could get and with that said; you can imagine for yourself what they pay for theirs - since it's quite certainly not the smallest size one could have on a server. And paying that amount of money to keep it up and running ... Well ... I believe no one would take the time to do if they've abandoned the site. Would you personally pay such an amount of money if you had no intention of ever coming back?

Lastly, I may not be one with the greatest knowledge regarding the coding that a site on this scale demands and what they envision that they want to do with it. However, I've done enough coding in my life since I once upon a time dreamed about working as a web developer. With that I can say for certain that it takes an awful great amount of time to get things right. Even if you are good and know what you are doing, it takes time. Just like anything creative and any time-consuming project does. Especially if and when things happens outside the work of a website such as this. I can imagine that they don't want to release the new updates until they are certain that there won't be any bugs or aspects that makes it difficult to use for neither us as the users and them as the staff. A website is supposed to work on every level. Both behind the scenes where we as users cannot see it. But where the staff sees it, the site has to work for them as admins who make the updates needed behind the scenes as well.

I personally prefer it that they take the time they need to make what's coming for us the best it can be. In order to minimize the bugs and things that may go wrong and appear later if they launch it too early.
Life happens to everyone. It happens to me, to you, to them. All of us, we are but human and our world isn't the easiest and has trying times for all of us. I am not in the right to demand a progress status all the time, since I personally collapse quite hard when something bad happens and I end up with too much anxiety to give status reports on everything I do in my life. I'm simply grateful for what status reports we do get and won't pressure anyone if they don't have the strength nor time to do it at certain points.

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.
Vazchu

Postby Matreats » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:02 pm

Vazchu wrote:
While I can agree it's sad to not get a tiny update every here and there on the state of progress ...
I wouldn't go as far as to say they've abandoned this site. For starters (as some already has said) the site is still up. If they had abandoned it, they would have stopped paying for it to stay up. I'm not one to say how large a server they have to keep the site on, though I can for certain say it's larger than the one I have for my website. And I pay somewhere around 40 US dollars a year. Mine is in the smallest size I could get and with that said; you can imagine for yourself what they pay for theirs - since it's quite certainly not the smallest size one could have on a server. And paying that amount of money to keep it up and running ... Well ... I believe no one would take the time to do if they've abandoned the site. Would you personally pay such an amount of money if you had no intention of ever coming back?

Lastly, I may not be one with the greatest knowledge regarding the coding that a site on this scale demands and what they envision that they want to do with it. However, I've done enough coding in my life since I once upon a time dreamed about working as a web developer. With that I can say for certain that it takes an awful great amount of time to get things right. Even if you are good and know what you are doing, it takes time. Just like anything creative and any time-consuming project does. Especially if and when things happens outside the work of a website such as this. I can imagine that they don't want to release the new updates until they are certain that there won't be any bugs or aspects that makes it difficult to use for neither us as the users and them as the staff. A website is supposed to work on every level. Both behind the scenes where we as users cannot see it. But where the staff sees it, the site has to work for them as admins who make the updates needed behind the scenes as well.

I personally prefer it that they take the time they need to make what's coming for us the best it can be. In order to minimize the bugs and things that may go wrong and appear later if they launch it too early.
Life happens to everyone. It happens to me, to you, to them. All of us, we are but human and our world isn't the easiest and has trying times for all of us. I am not in the right to demand a progress status all the time, since I personally collapse quite hard when something bad happens and I end up with too much anxiety to give status reports on everything I do in my life. I'm simply grateful for what status reports we do get and won't pressure anyone if they don't have the strength nor time to do it at certain points.

Agree! \o/

╒═══════════════╕
Hello there! My name is Matisse,
and I enjoy drawing, Undertale,
Minecraft, Voltron, Pokemon,
and Eldemore. I'm more active
on Eldemore, so feel free to
send a trade! I don't care much
for pet rarities, just looks.

╘═══════════════╛
╒═══════════════╕
╘═══════════════╛
ᏢᎪᏆᎥᎬᏁᏟᎬ
ᎽᎬᎥᏞᎠs

u

Matreats

Postby Astarion » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:04 pm

Vazchu wrote:

Precisely. My own thoughts into words.
.Image
.Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

.....hello, i am Astarion. i am open to trades and messages.
.....fanatic of games, books and movies; fantasy, sci-fi.
.....extra notes here©
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxImage
░░░███
░░░███
░░░███
░░░███

Astarion

Postby LonelyRyu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:18 pm

....I am well aware of the human aspect and people having lives and all..and now that we are sailing towards four years of nothing I do think we have a 'right' to have at least a 'Hey..we're still here' kind of message yet suddenly and updates were ceased so I really don't need to be lectured and patronized.
As a side note I actually have seen sites that were abandoned and left up until the contract on the servers ran out.
I am assuming you recall that in December 1st of 2017 the site was 'taking a break' and now it is August 8 of 2021 and there isn't even a token pet to adopt as a sign that something is happening. PLUS in an earlier post it was said that some time in 2018 things would be running.

I am not some grade-schooler or high school student but a person well into their adult years so I don't appreciate being lectured on how I am being 'demanding' because I want to know if continuing to be a member here is even worth it.

Again I am not asking for personal information on anyone's lives I just think I am justified in asking what happened. I am sure that there must be someone who can speak for the admins in their absence and simply say -truthfully- that things are still ok. I will not apologize for wanting that.
Image Imaginary Air Bender
LonelyRyu

Postby LLHBBB » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:22 pm

LonelyRyu wrote:....I am well aware of the human aspect and people having lives and all..and now that we are sailing towards four years of nothing I do think we have a 'right' to have at least a 'Hey..we're still here' kind of message yet suddenly and updates were ceased so I really don't need to be lectured and patronized.
As a side note I actually have seen sites that were abandoned and left up until the contract on the servers ran out.
I am assuming you recall that in December 1st of 2017 the site was 'taking a break' and now it is August 8 of 2021 and there isn't even a token pet to adopt as a sign that something is happening. PLUS in an earlier post it was said that some time in 2018 things would be running.

I am not some grade-schooler or high school student but a person well into their adult years so I don't appreciate being lectured on how I am being 'demanding' because I want to know if continuing to be a member here is even worth it.

Again I am not asking for personal information on anyone's lives I just think I am justified in asking what happened. I am sure that there must be someone who can speak for the admins in their absence and simply say -truthfully- that things are still ok. I will not apologize for wanting that.

:D I also agree with you. As I stated before we are also invested. I myself have spent over a thousand dollars buying baubles in the past & have a complete collection minus the betta so I have more than done my part to support the site & enjoy it. I have held out hope & still am but really don't think a quick "I'm still here & working on it" would be to much. Doesn't have to be specifics just letting everyone know they are still as invested as we are.
Not trading while the site is down - Sorry.

Image 7/4/16
LLHBBB

Postby Archer » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:24 pm

LonelyRyu wrote:....I am well aware of the human aspect and people having lives and all..and now that we are sailing towards four years of nothing I do think we have a 'right' to have at least a 'Hey..we're still here' kind of message yet suddenly and updates were ceased so I really don't need to be lectured and patronized.

No one here is lecturing you, nor is there anything wrong with feeling as you do. Everyone is sharing their stance/opinion on the site status to contribute toward the conversation/debate, and no one here has been out of line yet.

- | - | -

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, and I would ask that everyone continue to express their opinions respectfully both here and in private messages, and to keep all debate friendly.

Thank you all~<3

Hello! :)
If you have any questions
or concerns, or just
want to chat, feel free to
PM me.

Important Links and
Threads

Guides & Tutorials

To watch and protect.

Image Image Image
Archer
Global Moderator

Postby Khai Dreams » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:02 pm

this game is dead, i really regret cross trading my cs for this dead horse of a game. only way they would come back is if people were buying bubbles or whatever their called. i really think its just be best of the community head over to cs, ya the mods suck on there but at least there's monthly pets and people WHO ARE ACTIVE. cs NEVER has had a 4 year break. i loved eldemore when i joined but i think this game is completely dead and even if they do a "bid update" its too late, most of the community has quit, i hope this was a admin's goal to kill off a game that could have probably made you guys a lot of money. i been sitting here waiting, hoping that i would log of and the game would be at least somewhat updated but no each time i come here i keep getting " eldemore is taking a break". if a couple took a "break" for 4 year that be basically a dead relationship, imma say it loud and clear for everyone. THIS GAME IS DEAD, NOTHING IS GONNA HAPPEN. im sorry if this hurts anyone's feeling but im fed up with it, i probably would spent alot of money on the shop pets but i dont think i wanna stick around if this game is just gonna keep dying. i've tried to be calm and kind and understanding but im sorry it doesnt take 4 years for an update. but hey maybe just maybe well get a update be 2024 when avatar 3 is out. im sorry zayin but you lost a big portion of your community from not doing this update. i really think you should have dont smaller updates along the way, it would have been less stress for you guys and would have saved your community. yes i know 2020-21 has been hard but there was a few lockdowns, couldn't you have at least made a quick post? a tiny update? something to let us (the community) know what your doing, i would be more then happy to help out a kickstarter if i could see what progress you've made in the time the game has been dormant. i loved the pet that use to come out each month and everything but this break really has made me give up and i enjoyed this game so much, truly heartbreaking.
my biggest dreams obtained
Khai Dreams

Postby Kaliyana » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:48 pm

why wont it let me post this wtf, oh, it was the emojis. it didn't like my emojis RIP

While it does suck that its taken a long time between updates, that's honestly not that big of a deal? I'm sorry but if you love a site you'll keep coming back to it regardless of how long its been since your last login, or how long it takes to update.

To compare Eldemore to CS also isn't really something you can do. CS has had 14 years to get where it is now. Do you know what CS was like in 2008/2009? It was very similar to how Eldemore started. There was hardly any community, there was only monthly releases and that was it. Literally that was it. If Eldemore was given the same amount of time as CS was to develop and grow it would have exactly the same player base - if not more, because honestly a lot of the artwork for the pets is better here than on CS.

And the fact of the matter is this; it really doesn't matter how long it takes to update. The players who truly love this site (like me, for example) will continue to play no matter how long it takes to start releasing pets again, and new players will join. If they don't start releasing pets until 2024 then so be it, I'll still be here collecting pets and new players will still join the site to collect as well. CS has also lost a large amount of its older player base, thats just a thing that happens with most pet sits. A lot of people will out-grow their "children pet site" days and move onto more adult hobbies/pass times.

No one is forcing you to stay here. If you don't want to wait however long is needed for the update to happen then don't. Feel free to leave. But if you choose to stay and wait for an update that's also fine, but you can wait and discuss without being needlessly toxic. Being toxic helps no one.

2020 and 2021 have been a really hard year for literally everyone. To demand updates on a virtual pet website with the pretense that "here was a few lockdowns, couldn't you have at least made a quick post? a tiny update? something to let us (the community) know what your doing" is actually ridiculous. They could have had a family member(s) who died from COVID, they themselves could have had COVID. They might have been in lock down for longer than expected and weren't able to pay their bills to be able to have access to internet (which happened to a lot of people, including myself, because of lockdowns, in case you weren't aware). There are so many unseen factors (especially during this pandemic) that you can't demand them to update.

I for one am looking forward to the update, and I can't wait until pets are starting to be released again. I'll still be here when that happens.
Looking to complete collection! Seeking all wishlist pets!
Please send me a trade :3
Have off-site to offer as well! - CS, Aywas, Wajas, Alacrity, and
Flight Rising. Just send me a pm!
You can also message me on CS (here) for a faster reply, I typically check Eldemore once every 3-5 days.
Kaliyana

Postby Matreats » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:06 am

Kaliyana wrote:why wont it let me post this wtf, oh, it was the emojis. it didn't like my emojis RIP

While it does suck that its taken a long time between updates, that's honestly not that big of a deal? I'm sorry but if you love a site you'll keep coming back to it regardless of how long its been since your last login, or how long it takes to update.

To compare Eldemore to CS also isn't really something you can do. CS has had 14 years to get where it is now. Do you know what CS was like in 2008/2009? It was very similar to how Eldemore started. There was hardly any community, there was only monthly releases and that was it. Literally that was it. If Eldemore was given the same amount of time as CS was to develop and grow it would have exactly the same player base - if not more, because honestly a lot of the artwork for the pets is better here than on CS.

And the fact of the matter is this; it really doesn't matter how long it takes to update. The players who truly love this site (like me, for example) will continue to play no matter how long it takes to start releasing pets again, and new players will join. If they don't start releasing pets until 2024 then so be it, I'll still be here collecting pets and new players will still join the site to collect as well. CS has also lost a large amount of its older player base, thats just a thing that happens with most pet sits. A lot of people will out-grow their "children pet site" days and move onto more adult hobbies/pass times.

No one is forcing you to stay here. If you don't want to wait however long is needed for the update to happen then don't. Feel free to leave. But if you choose to stay and wait for an update that's also fine, but you can wait and discuss without being needlessly toxic. Being toxic helps no one.

2020 and 2021 have been a really hard year for literally everyone. To demand updates on a virtual pet website with the pretense that "here was a few lockdowns, couldn't you have at least made a quick post? a tiny update? something to let us (the community) know what your doing" is actually ridiculous. They could have had a family member(s) who died from COVID, they themselves could have had COVID. They might have been in lock down for longer than expected and weren't able to pay their bills to be able to have access to internet (which happened to a lot of people, including myself, because of lockdowns, in case you weren't aware). There are so many unseen factors (especially during this pandemic) that you can't demand them to update.

I for one am looking forward to the update, and I can't wait until pets are starting to be released again. I'll still be here when that happens.

<3 <3 <3 <3

╒═══════════════╕
Hello there! My name is Matisse,
and I enjoy drawing, Undertale,
Minecraft, Voltron, Pokemon,
and Eldemore. I'm more active
on Eldemore, so feel free to
send a trade! I don't care much
for pet rarities, just looks.

╘═══════════════╛
╒═══════════════╕
╘═══════════════╛
ᏢᎪᏆᎥᎬᏁᏟᎬ
ᎽᎬᎥᏞᎠs

u

Matreats

Postby Sathona » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:16 pm

Kaliyana wrote:2020 and 2021 have been a really hard year for literally everyone. To demand updates on a virtual pet website with the pretense that "here was a few lockdowns, couldn't you have at least made a quick post? a tiny update? something to let us (the community) know what your doing" is actually ridiculous. They could have had a family member(s) who died from COVID, they themselves could have had COVID. They might have been in lock down for longer than expected and weren't able to pay their bills to be able to have access to internet (which happened to a lot of people, including myself, because of lockdowns, in case you weren't aware). There are so many unseen factors (especially during this pandemic) that you can't demand them to update.

This. A thousand times this. Everybody, and I mean everybody, has had a curve ball thrown at them in the past year a half, going on two years. Nobody expected a worldwide pandemic that many are still struggling to cope with, especially with COVID cases on the rise again in some countries.

The devs don't owe us anything. They don't owe us an explanation for their radio silence. They don't owe us an update on how much (or little) progress they've made on the site. I can tell you from my own experience since COVID began that it's been incredibly difficult, having faced loss after loss after loss in the span of, like, six months, oftentimes within a month of each other. It's been devastating. And if the devs are experiencing that kind of hardship in their personal lives, they need to take care of themselves first before they can even think about touching the site.
Sathona

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements