Bazaar Options Poll

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

New Bazaar Options (read the announcement before voting)

Option 1
19%
Option 2
34%
Option 3
27%
I like them all!
20%

Total votes : 226

Re: Bazaar Options Poll

Postby Scar » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:59 pm

ElijahWilkes wrote:That would definitely solve at least part of the issue with it for me, Scar. Since we already know Bastion's Heart is being made, I thinking adding another source for rereleased non Bazaar pets would be too much. Some pets would end up too common that way and I could see pets dropping in rarity with two options for rereleases. If it was just Bazaar pets, for a higher price than the higher end for pets, then I could see it maybe working out. The higher price would allow for it to account for the actual inflation of price on the Bazaar pets, with the very sight chance of someone getting something worth waaaay above that now. One thing with this that I would suggest is at least leaving the current Bazaar pets out and the immediately previous ones until the pets are like, 2 cycles of pets out of the Bazaar, of that makes sense.

Another idea that kind of popped to mind is, if it is done, maybe make it some kind of object that can actually be tradeable? That would make it a bit easier for people to get them so they don't have to trade for baubles then get it. And that way people have the choice of using it or maybe trading it for something so they know for sure what they get. I dunno if that makes sense.

I still don't like the whole idea of the gamble but if it were to be done, I think it would work best as a variation of what Scar said.

I agree with you there.
Considering, if you bought the Stone, you wouldn't want the chance of getting a current or last cycle pet when chances are, you already have it. So perhaps, after- lets use the Tytos as an example- since these Bazaar pets stay 2 months, perhaps once these retire in two months, there's a waiting period of two months before they're added. If that makes sense...
I have an idea of what you meant, but 2 cycles of pets- that'd be a long wait. Because one set is in two months, and then is replaced by another two month set- to add two cycles worth of Bazaar- you'd have to wait for the second set to retire which would be already 4 months for the first set prior-- that would be a six month wait period before they're added, depending on if they wait two months after the second sets leaves-- if they added the two sets right after the second set leaves... that still defeats the purpose of the wait, 'cause the recent set would be added... unless they make it a five month wait. Giving the recently retired set a month to rest.
I mean, I have no issue with the wait as I manage to get the pets when they're out, so it could be that-that is a good waiting period. I'm actually liking the thought of a five month wait for two sets. =/

And yes, I would LOVE if they'd be tradable~ Considering the Baubles I do managed to collect go to buying current pets or I save up for the next set.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
text text text text text text t
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby *JACKAL* » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:43 pm

I want the stone!
I've missed two Birthday gifts since I've been on, and catching a common wouldn't be a bad thing either since I've only just joined and this could lead to completing my collection.

Be ideal for newbies in general. And I like the price.
ImageImage
Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

Postby Novadragon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:00 pm

Jendalie wrote:Thank you for everyone's feedback. I understand that the Option 3 may seen outrageous to some current and older members. However, the number of existing older Bazaar pets makes it near impossible for recently joined and new members to ever obtain one. This is a collection based site. There are going to be certain outcomes meant to be very hard to obtain. But it's one of my jobs to make sure that there is a reasonable amount in circulation or prepare a means to get a few more out in circulation at some point in the distant future.<-snipping here!->

Totally snipped and bolded the part I wanted to comment on. My question is this, what is the point of a collection if it's fairly well handed to you? And by random cold chance instead of another person to boot. Why not introduce that sort of functionality into that cave thing as a way to get a few more into circulation (I think it was planned that way anyways). (yes I know the idea was to make funds >>) Or another idea, set up like a donation points thing where people can donate what they can afford and acrue points which in turn they can cash in for things that are no longer released, say like a small sum of points for a recent and going up from there?

*Goes to hide before she can get shot for that last idea*
Novadragon

Postby Scar » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:16 pm

Novadragon wrote:
Jendalie wrote:Thank you for everyone's feedback. I understand that the Option 3 may seen outrageous to some current and older members. However, the number of existing older Bazaar pets makes it near impossible for recently joined and new members to ever obtain one. This is a collection based site. There are going to be certain outcomes meant to be very hard to obtain. But it's one of my jobs to make sure that there is a reasonable amount in circulation or prepare a means to get a few more out in circulation at some point in the distant future.<-snipping here!->

Totally snipped and bolded the part I wanted to comment on. My question is this, what is the point of a collection if it's fairly well handed to you? And by random cold chance instead of another person to boot. Why not introduce that sort of functionality into that cave thing as a way to get a few more into circulation (I think it was planned that way anyways). (yes I know the idea was to make funds >>) Or another idea, set up like a donation points thing where people can donate what they can afford and acrue points which in turn they can cash in for things that are no longer released, say like a small sum of points for a recent and going up from there?

My only question; these 'donation points'-- do you get them by giving money or giving Baubles?
Because if it's money, then that cuts out the majority who can't pay real money.
If it's Baubles, then I have no qualms with this suggestion. ^^

Or is it donating unwanted pets for points? If that's what you meant, then still I have no issue with this suggestion.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Sphye » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:28 pm

Scar wrote:
Chouhesi wrote:
scmarshtacky wrote:Let us also not forget guys, that this is a thread on how Eldemore can best make money. Instead of writing about why you dislike this option for this and that reason, focus on ideas that would make the Bazaar better, not just for yourself, but for the new members down the road. ^^

I think it's is easy for us older, and luckier, members to bash the Stone of Random while we sit atop our piles of ultra rare pets. Those of us that have the older pets we want may not risk the gamble, but what about the new members two years down the road? I understand why some of you don't want the bazaar pets re-released, but in the near future, the Elderwind, Phoenix Drake, Flame Elkrins, and early glassworks will be impossible to get. So are we going to continue to watch while more and more new members struggle in vain for older bazaar pets? I personally think it would be wonderful to offer them a chance to get themselves on a level playing field with the older members. And I also think that the stone would provide incentive for newer players to buy a few baubles, even if it doesn't appeal to the older crowd.

The last thing we all want to do is exclude the future members from this wonderful community right? ;)

This is something we really have to keep in mind. Althought we don't know exactly how many of the oldest store pets are in existance we can be sure that the number is pretty low.
(For example 445 of the Alibino Rune Drakes were released in August. They were rare as the rareties came out in November/December last year. All the store pets already started out as Ultra Rare while even the albino needed until around April to turn Ultra Rare)
So even if there are like 200-300 of the old store pets we are already after a year at 4.1k users.
1/200 is already a pretty low rate but if you take some hoarders and dead accounts into the whole math everything gets even lower. It is already now hard to even find one of the old store pets up for trade and if we see them currently go for 600 baubles+ how will this be in 2 years if Eldemore keeps growing?

I have to admit that I'm also not found of the idea of the stones. But not because there is the chance that old store pets could be released but because I'm not much into gambling.
It would be hard to find a balance with the stones as we should keep in mind that baubles resemble real money and that a common outcome out of something you paid, lets say 50 Baubles for just seems wrong to me.

However I completely understand that Eldemore needs a new way to raise money to keep this wonderful place up and running, especially as no ads are shown here.
So instead of complaining about ideas the admins had to help Eldemore growing into the future we maybe should try to come up with ways to help the site raise more money.

This is exactly what I wanted to get across but just couldn't find the words for!

By the time this place is booming, and if their really is only 200 or so in circulation(not including dead accounts or hoards), most that have said Bazaar pets only have one and that is to complete their collection; so down the line, if all said pets have a permanent place in a collection, they won't be ANY left to trade.

I understand the worry of rarity and the feeling of being cheated, but how about this-- if you don't want to worry about getting ripped off- perhaps have a stone that is just Bazaar, but it's off all the years, so as time passes, more and more Bazaar pets are added to it-- lessening the chances and keeping the rarity decent.
If you're still worried about rarity-- have a limited supple and a limited time, once out of stock, there's a waiting time perhaps a month or two- this prevents people from spamming it. And if it could be added, how about the idea of having an amount limitation to only buy 1. This way, people can't camp out and hog them all.
And now, if your worried about feeling cheated-- how about making it a tad more expensive? I've seen Bazaar pets as high as 100 Baubles, so how about making it 120 or 150.
People who have the resolve to get a complete collection would love this if it allows them to get a passes Bazaar, and it would be just the Elderwind, Pheonix, and Flame Elkins- it would be them all! So the chances of getting one would be very slim, especially in the future if all Bazaar pets are added to this one stone.
Though, I kind of want the Glitch to sit out... don't know why, I just feel he has more of a tie to the lore of Eldemore then the others do. ^^;

I think this suggestion sounds like a great idea! It would cost more than current bazaar pets, so it would still be a gamble in that you might wind up overpaying quite a bit for a more recent bazaar pet, but there's also the chance that you could get an older, rarer one, balancing the rarities so trading wouldn't be impossible.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Archer » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Novadragon wrote:

I don't see how the stone would cause anyone's collections to be handed to them. If you wouldn't mind explaining where you were going with that? :)

Bazaar pets can not be part of the cave because users paid money for them. This is why the stone is necessary.

With the donation points, do you mean you'd get to choose which pet you'd get when you cash in? If so, then there's no point in retiring any pet. If you don't get to choose, it sounds like it's basically the same idea as the stone.

I intend to write up my thoughts on the options because it is an interesting discussion. However, that'll have to wait as I don't wish to do so while on my phone ^^'

Hello! :)
If you have any questions
or concerns, or just
want to chat, feel free to
PM me.

Important Links and
Threads

Guides & Tutorials

To watch and protect.

Image Image Image
Archer
Global Moderator

Postby Aralas » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:43 pm

Just curious if we're still allowed to give our own ideas for the site? If so, I have one. xD

What about implementing this feature in the Bastion's Cave. Say you've just visited the cave and got a pet you weren't exactly interested in and you now have to wait the long, long time before it opens up again. What if you gave users the option to visit the cave again and come home with another gift, but at the price of baubles?

If you combined this with one of the three options, you could definitely get some more money for the site, AND make users more happy considering they are getting better pets for their collection.

It's just an idea and I apologize if this has already been mentioned.
Staff Member from 2014 to 2017.
This site will always hold a special place in my heart. Unfortunately, I'll no longer be able to remain an active member, but I wish you all the very, very best.
Aralas

Postby Novadragon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:53 pm

Archer wrote:
Novadragon wrote:

I don't see how the stone would cause anyone's collections to be handed to them. If you wouldn't mind explaining where you were going with that? :)

Bazaar pets can not be part of the cave because users paid money for them. This is why the stone is necessary.

With the donation points, do you mean you'd get to choose which pet you'd get when you cash in? If so, then there's no point in retiring any pet. If you don't get to choose, it sounds like it's basically the same idea as the stone.

I intend to write up my thoughts on the options because it is an interesting discussion. However, that'll have to wait as I don't wish to do so while on my phone ^^'

It was kind of tongue in cheek smartassery as you know there is someone out there who will honestly believe it. as for the cave I thought it was actually planned for that but finally finding the post again apparently not! Anywho, basicly I meant on the donation thing like run a donation meter, take a while to acrue enough points but in the end being able to snag something retired. Could be random, could be not random? *Shrugs* Was just kind of a idea to feel not so gambling and yet still be a way to raise the money.
Novadragon

Postby scmarshtacky » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:56 pm

Aralas wrote:
Just curious if we're still allowed to give our own ideas for the site? If so, I have one. xD

What about implementing this feature in the Bastion's Cave. Say you've just visited the cave and got a pet you weren't exactly interested in and you now have to wait the long, long time before it opens up again. What if you gave users the option to visit the cave again and come home with another gift, but at the price of baubles?

If you combined this with one of the three options, you could definitely get some more money for the site, AND make users more happy considering they are getting better pets for their collection.

I really like that idea Aralas! Adding my own ideas to take the idea of Baazar pets into account, maybe you could have a sort of "portal" in the Cave.

"During your explorations of Bastion's Heart, you have discovered a new entrance that leads deeper into the cave. Do you choose to take the risk?" The "entrance fee" to this portion could be 50+ baubles, or whatever the stone would cost, and would give you access to a special part of the cave which has a higher rare pet drop rate along with the chance to obtain Bazaar pets. If you implemented this with a certain time limit per account, you wouldn't need the stone of random to be an on/off thing, and the users wouldn't have to squabble for it if it were only available during certain times of the month. Seems like this could potentially smooth over a couple of concerns. The people that don't want to make the bauble sacrifice don't have to go in.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Postby Aralas » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:06 pm

scmarshtacky wrote:
Aralas wrote:

I really like that idea Aralas! Adding my own ideas to take the idea of Baazar pets into account, maybe you could have a sort of "portal" in the Cave.

"During your explorations of Bastion's Heart, you have discovered a new entrance that leads deeper into the cave. Do you choose to take the risk?" The "entrance fee" to this portion could be 50+ baubles, or whatever the stone would cost, and would give you access to a special part of the cave which has a higher rare pet drop rate along with the chance to obtain Bazaar pets. If you implemented this with a certain time limit per account, you wouldn't need the stone of random to be an on/off thing, and the users wouldn't have to squabble for it if it were only available during certain times of the month. Seems like this could potentially smooth over a couple of concerns. The people that don't want to make the bauble sacrifice don't have to go in.

I completely agree with this! Especially if users had a small chance of getting bazaar pets and the beta glasswork, it would encourage them to buy baubles and give it a shot, which means more of those pets for people's collections.

I was thinking after you enter the deeper part of the cave, there could be some kind of cool down for a decent length. That would hopefully cover some people's concerns of rarity dropping. c:
Staff Member from 2014 to 2017.
This site will always hold a special place in my heart. Unfortunately, I'll no longer be able to remain an active member, but I wish you all the very, very best.
Aralas

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements