Big Codex Update - New Lore Section

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Big Codex Update - New Lore Section

Postby Zayin » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:59 am

Greetings residents of Eldemore,

I've just finished updating the whole Codex area. We have big improvements under

NEW FEATURES

Lore Section - This is one we've been wanting to put in for a while. You can reach it by going to the Codex, and clicking the Lore tab on the top right. Right now, there's only one small section in there, but we'll be expanding it here and there over the next few weeks. There's a ton of lore that's written right now, we just have to go through the process of putting all that in the Lore section.

Viewing other user's wishlists - Yes, I know this is one you've all wanted since we first made wishlists. And now, it's finally here. If you go to a user's profile page, one of the options will be "Wishlist" (you'll also notice I've streamlined the wording on this page). Just remember that your wishlist and hoard list are visible to any other logged in user.

Totally overhauled code base for Codex - The code for the codex was pretty messy. It really needed to be done. I couldn't have effectively added the Lore section otherwise. It's much more stable and a bit more user friendly now.

Updated icons for wishlist and hoard list - As you may have noticed, we are starting to move towards using more vector icons, as they are easier to work with, and look better as tiny icons. So the wishlist and hoard list icons have been updated in both the codex and in trading.

Added confirmation on leaving the page - For some parts of the site, I added one of those "Are you sure you want to leave the page?" messages. For example, when writing posts or private messages, or building a trade, you shouldn't accidentally click out of the page. And if your login session is about to expire on one of these pages, it will warn you 5 minutes in advance.

And that's a big chunk of what's been going on behind the scenes. Just want everyone to know that we are
c o n s t a n t l y working to make Eldemore better. I really hope you guys enjoy these new additions, there's more to come.

Bug Notes: I am aware of some issues with the new icons in trading, as far as the hoard one not showing up and the old ones still being seen in places.

I am also aware of the issue where when you click the submit trade button, it prompts you if you want to leave the page.

These will be fixed when I have time.

Forevermore wrote:

-Site Help Corner-

Report Site Glitches Here

Rarity Updates

Site & Forum Rules

Eldemore Lore & Info

"To Watch and Protect"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Zayin
Code Wizard