Eldemore is Taking a Break

Please report any problems you may experience.

Re: Eldemore is Taking a Break

Postby Polly44 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:32 pm

I am so sad to hear this, but i understand why it must be done. While i will still login/trade/post/etc i am certainly going to miss the the monthlies/events and bazaar pets. I was super excited for the Yuletide event as well, so it's a shame that will not be happening this year. But i am also excited to see the revamp, even if it is so far away.

But good luck, thanks for the heads up and i can't wait!

#Staying Eld Loyal
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Flutter Shy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Xid wrote:The news scared me for a second, because I thought the entire site would be gone during the hiatus.

I'll miss the monthly releases and events, but I understand the reasons for this and I'm glad the site will still be up.
Good luck with the new project and thanks for informing us. E-mail updates every now and then, especially when/if there's a freebie would be very much appreciated.
I can't wait to experience the new Eldemore and see what you have in store for us. ^^

I thought the same thing at first ;o and was worried... but reading what is really going to happen, I'm not as worried anymore! I will miss the daily adventure on here for sure! I'm really looking forward to the place this will become in the coming year! I know everything will be worth the wait for sure. This is the best pet adopt site out there IMO and will only be getting better! I can't wait until the new site is ready and I will be there right when it is!

~July 27, 2014~
Flutter Shy

Postby FluffyMilo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Oh dang, this is a big step! I'm proud that Eldermore is becoming much better, I wish all the staff and the hard working coders who's gonna be presenting the new eldermore. I'll miss the old layout, but change is good! Big risks like these are needed to have successfull changes. As a fan of eldermore, I'm eagerly awaiting to see what new goodies will be in store.
Or in other words: It's going to be dawn of a new eldermore era.
Redoing my signature~
FluffyMilo

Postby Zayin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:42 pm

Clockwork wrote:I noticed in the archives every anniversary has a glasswork representing the site's progress, such as the beta glasswork, delta 1, etc. Will one be released next year, too, or will there be a year missing in the collection?

We kind of fell off that wagon this year, but I'm hoping we can continue the tradition next year. It all depends on when we come back up, so we'll have to cross that bridge when we reach it.

Clockwork wrote:Do you have a list of features that will be added or things that will be changed? It would be kind of nice to know what we have to look forward to.

Basically, the whole site is being re-written. Layout and theme will be changing, numerous convenience/quality of life features will be added, and we're looking at also adding item trading and a re-release system like Thorn's Cottage and/or Bastion's Heart. There's more stuff that we're discussing internally, but I can't go into any of that until it's definitive.

Clockwork wrote:Also, will there be a way to switch the background back to what it is now in board preferences? The art at the top is lovely, and the palette in the forums very well put-together.

You can see a preview in the Screenshot I posted. The colors you see there are likely going to change because we haven't nailed down our color scheme quite yet. Rest assured though, we are quite fond of the above art as well, so I'm hoping art like that can play a bigger role in our new site's design. And yes, we will have multiple themes probably a while after the initial launch.

Forevermore wrote:

-Site Help Corner-

Report Site Glitches Here

Rarity Updates

Site & Forum Rules

Eldemore Lore & Info

"To Watch and Protect"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Zayin
Code Wizard

Postby Zayin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:45 pm

And thank you all for the kind comments and positivity! We appreciate it.

Forevermore wrote:

-Site Help Corner-

Report Site Glitches Here

Rarity Updates

Site & Forum Rules

Eldemore Lore & Info

"To Watch and Protect"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Zayin
Code Wizard

Postby Fiel-kun » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:18 pm

Awww... I will surely miss Eldemore. But I totally understand. You have to do this for the better. This ain't goodbye yet. See you soon!
Pronouns: He/Him/His
+8 GMT
Fiel-kun

Postby Umbreonpanda » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:52 am

It's a shame to not able to come on to Eldemore to check on my pets... but I understand! You guys deserve this break! Take the all the time you guys need! :)
Umbreonpanda

Postby KisaWolfz » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:01 am

Umbreonpanda wrote:It's a shame to not able to come on to Eldemore to check on my pets... but I understand! You guys deserve this break! Take the all the time you guys need! :)

You can still check on your pets.
Eldemore will still be in use, like forums and such, but no more monthly adopts after Dec 1st.
So you can still check in!
KisaWolfz

Postby Sany » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:35 am

I'm sad for the no events and adopts part, but really happy you decided to do this to take all the time to get the new site amazing. Can't wait!
And in the meantime, I can try to get this wishlist a bit smaller haha.

F O L L O W lalaY O U R lala D R E A M S

My Hoards
♥ Jackalopes
♥ Stage 1 Otterlings
♥ Cuttlefish
♥ Stage 1 Foo Dogs
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
lalalalalala
Haiia, I'm your average Eldemore addict!
I love all sorts of art, such as music,
crochet, photography and painting!
In real life, I'm a busy PhD student
and teaching assistent in medical sciences.
Oh, did I mention I'm a total Eld addict? ♥

lalalalalalalalalaT H E Y lala K N O W lala T H E lala W A Y
Sany

Postby kaerii » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:39 am

I'm glad the site will still be running, though I am a little sad that there won't be any regular adopts.

Will the pets have different line art? I love the way some of them look!
ImageImageImage
kaerii

PreviousNext

Return to Report Technical Glitches