Report Glitches and Errors Vol 2

Please report any problems you may experience.

Re: Report Glitches and Errors Vol 2

Postby Zayin » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:57 pm

Silverfang wrote:Okay so I just sent off a PM to someone, and as soon as I did I got this what-the-heck page: http://oi57.tinypic.com/2wqtw2e.jpg

And then a few seconds later it automatically reloaded and I was on the page of the PM that I had just sent.

Hopefully that was just a hiccup from me messing with stuff on the server. Just let me know if it happens again, or keeps happening.

Chouhesi wrote:If you change the privacy settings of your groups it still says:
"Users must offer Wishlist / Hoard List pets for this group"

Thanks for pointing that out. I've fixed it now.

Forevermore wrote:

-Site Help Corner-

Report Site Glitches Here

Rarity Updates

Site & Forum Rules

Eldemore Lore & Info

"To Watch and Protect"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Zayin
Code Wizard

Postby Silverfang » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:00 pm

It hasn't happened since, and I've already sent off a few more PMs. ^^
Me, for my dreams.

You, for your dreams.
Silverfang

Postby Inspector_Javert » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:35 am

When on mobile I often find that I am unable to send a message that is more than 3 lines long - the text box I am typing in (on PM messages anyway), extends and covers the send button. Is this a glitch, or is this just because I am on mobile?
ONE DAY MORE TO REVOLUTION. WE WILL NIP IT In THE BUD. WE WILL FACE THESE LITTLE SCHOOL-BOYS. THEY WILL WET THEMSELVES WITH BLOOD!

My Ultimate Dreamie is this beauty:
http://eldemore.com/codex.php#sectionTop
Inspector_Javert

Postby Zayin » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:11 pm

Inspector_Javert wrote:When on mobile I often find that I am unable to send a message that is more than 3 lines long - the text box I am typing in (on PM messages anyway), extends and covers the send button. Is this a glitch, or is this just because I am on mobile?

That sounds like a glitch because of the mobile browser. I've seen things like that happen before on mobile devices, like the screen jumping around as you type.

Presently, all I can suggest is perhaps to download a different browser for your phone. Dolphin is a really good one, if it's available for your device.

Forevermore wrote:

-Site Help Corner-

Rarity Updates

Site & Forum Rules

Eldemore Lore & Info

"To Watch and Protect"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Zayin
Code Wizard

Postby Saren » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:55 pm

Hey there!
I took a bit of a hiatus a couple of months ago, only coming online to adopt the monthly pets. Some of the art for this month's pets made me decide to end my hiatus, and I've been trying to grab a missed outcome or two. But twice now this week I've sent a trade and the person has declined with a message implying that the trade was reversed. (So for the first one I offered a Hallowe'en rare for their Direwolf newborns and a couple of other pets, and they declined, saying that their rare wasn't worth a few of this month's pets when actually it was the other way around.)
It's possible that they both just got confused- it just seems odd to me that two trades seemed to be flipped in a week.
Always open to trades! Currently seeking: recent event outcomes and monthly releases.
Saren

Postby Walnut » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:52 pm

I have no idea if this is the correct place to post this, but sometimes I spend 45 or so minutes writing a huge chunk of text, realize I'm not logged in, and then I have to retype the whole thing. This has happened about 4 times already. Is it possible to make it so it saves everything you typed before logging in? Thanks!
I may not be on Eldemore during the weekdays due to an extremely busy schedule! I am sorry to everyone who RP's with me, trades with me, or adopts from the Lovely Labrador AC! (I am still open to trades and will keep writing, but that may take a while.)

Animal Jam headdress, phantom plushies, nature arch and more for Eldemore: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2603
AJ Headdress UFA: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3460
Lovely Labrador AC: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2663&view=viewpoll
Walnut

Postby Sphye » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:59 pm

When on mobile, there have been a lot of situations in which I'll get error messages which requires me to refresh several times before it'll actually take me to the page. It happens the most when posting or sending PMs.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Walnut » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:07 pm

Sphye wrote:
When on mobile, there have been a lot of situations in which I'll get error messages which requires me to refresh several times before it'll actually take me to the page. It happens the most when posting or sending PMs.

Thanks-I'll see if that helps!
I may not be on Eldemore during the weekdays due to an extremely busy schedule! I am sorry to everyone who RP's with me, trades with me, or adopts from the Lovely Labrador AC! (I am still open to trades and will keep writing, but that may take a while.)

Animal Jam headdress, phantom plushies, nature arch and more for Eldemore: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2603
Walnut

Postby Zayin » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:14 pm

Saren wrote:Hey there!
I took a bit of a hiatus a couple of months ago, only coming online to adopt the monthly pets. Some of the art for this month's pets made me decide to end my hiatus, and I've been trying to grab a missed outcome or two. But twice now this week I've sent a trade and the person has declined with a message implying that the trade was reversed. (So for the first one I offered a Hallowe'en rare for their Direwolf newborns and a couple of other pets, and they declined, saying that their rare wasn't worth a few of this month's pets when actually it was the other way around.)
It's possible that they both just got confused- it just seems odd to me that two trades seemed to be flipped in a week.

Hmm, sounds like a disagreement about pet values. This is a very common glitch around here, but unfortunately I haven't found a way to fix it yet...

Walnut wrote:I have no idea if this is the correct place to post this, but sometimes I spend 45 or so minutes writing a huge chunk of text, realize I'm not logged in, and then I have to retype the whole thing. This has happened about 4 times already. Is it possible to make it so it saves everything you typed before logging in? Thanks!

You will get logged out after 60 minutes of inactivity. A good tactic is to use Ctrl+A (select all) and Ctrl+C (copy). Then paste it in Notepad or Wordpad before hitting preview or submit. Especially if you're writing something big that you will work on for over an hour, save it regularly.

You can also use the "Save Draft" button on the bottom. This will save your work, but it takes a bit of digging to find again.

Forevermore wrote:

-Site Help Corner-

Rarity Updates

Site & Forum Rules

Eldemore Lore & Info

"To Watch and Protect"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Zayin
Code Wizard

Postby Walnut » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:06 pm

Walnut wrote:I have no idea if this is the correct place to post this, but sometimes I spend 45 or so minutes writing a huge chunk of text, realize I'm not logged in, and then I have to retype the whole thing. This has happened about 4 times already. Is it possible to make it so it saves everything you typed before logging in? Thanks!

You will get logged out after 60 minutes of inactivity. A good tactic is to use Ctrl+A (select all) and Ctrl+C (copy). Then paste it in Notepad or Wordpad before hitting preview or submit. Especially if you're writing something big that you will work on for over an hour, save it regularly.

You can also use the "Save Draft" button on the bottom. This will save your work, but it takes a bit of digging to find again.[/quote]
Thanks! I have started to write one paragraph, then submit, another paragraph, submit, and I no longer have that problem :D

Walnut

PreviousNext

Return to Report Technical Glitches