Report Glitches and Errors Vol 2

Please report any problems you may experience.

Re: Report Glitches and Errors Vol 2

Postby Saren » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:02 pm

Zayin wrote:
Saren wrote:Hey there!
I took a bit of a hiatus a couple of months ago, only coming online to adopt the monthly pets. Some of the art for this month's pets made me decide to end my hiatus, and I've been trying to grab a missed outcome or two. But twice now this week I've sent a trade and the person has declined with a message implying that the trade was reversed. (So for the first one I offered a Hallowe'en rare for their Direwolf newborns and a couple of other pets, and they declined, saying that their rare wasn't worth a few of this month's pets when actually it was the other way around.)
It's possible that they both just got confused- it just seems odd to me that two trades seemed to be flipped in a week.

Hmm, sounds like a disagreement about pet values. This is a very common glitch around here, but unfortunately I haven't found a way to fix it yet...

Oh, no, I meant that they were reading the trade as if it was flipped. In that example, I was offering the rare and they thought that I was asking for it.
The trading system is flipped from CS's, though, so that could be the issue! (Just getting confused.)
Always open to trades! Currently seeking: recent event outcomes and monthly releases.
Saren

Postby Sky Kimimota » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:14 am

Walnut wrote:
Zayin wrote:
Walnut wrote:I have no idea if this is the correct place to post this, but sometimes I spend 45 or so minutes writing a huge chunk of text, realize I'm not logged in, and then I have to retype the whole thing. This has happened about 4 times already. Is it possible to make it so it saves everything you typed before logging in? Thanks!

You will get logged out after 60 minutes of inactivity. A good tactic is to use Ctrl+A (select all) and Ctrl+C (copy). Then paste it in Notepad or Wordpad before hitting preview or submit. Especially if you're writing something big that you will work on for over an hour, save it regularly.

You can also use the "Save Draft" button on the bottom. This will save your work, but it takes a bit of digging to find again.

Thanks! I have started to write one paragraph, then submit, another paragraph, submit, and I no longer have that problem :D

I apologize if this is considered unneeded/spam, but I find another good way to keep from losing all your progress in that situation (or at least on other sites), is to open a new tab and go to Eldemore from there, where you can login if you get logged out. Then, on the original tab you can post it and still be logged in.
Sorry guys, but I probably won't be communicating with others very much for a little while. I'm feeling kind of antisocial because of some real life issues I'm having.
Sky Kimimota

Postby Zayin » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:23 pm

Saren wrote:Oh, no, I meant that they were reading the trade as if it was flipped. In that example, I was offering the rare and they thought that I was asking for it.
The trading system is flipped from CS's, though, so that could be the issue! (Just getting confused.)

Yeah, we have had people get confused about that before. You could always spell the trade out in your message, just to make sure there is no confusion.

Forevermore wrote:

-Site Help Corner-

Report Site Glitches Here

Rarity Updates

Site & Forum Rules

Eldemore Lore & Info

"To Watch and Protect"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Zayin
Code Wizard

Postby Maddie » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:54 pm

I've checked my messages and deleted some, but it still says I have 2 new messages

In addition when I get a new message it doesn't show up in imboc just pm history
Last edited by Sphye on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Try not to double-post. ^u^
Help! I'm still trapped in a Siggy![/size][/size]

This is my clone, Prim
Maddie

Postby ashorinne » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:45 pm

I'm having an issue with pet images in my Homestead.

I decided to reorganize my groups, so I moved all of my pets into Ungrouped, changed it so I could see 100 pets per page, and began going through, litter by litter. After finishing the first couple pages, I began noticing that when I moved a few pets to a group and returned to the previous page, some of the pets in Ungrouped were mixed up, e.g. a pet from December would be in the middle of a November litter. However, if I clicked on the "misplaced" pet, its page would be for the pet that should have been there. This was making it near impossible to know if I was organizing the pets correctly, as an Otterling I moved to my Otterlings group could have been a Dire whose image had been switched.

If I exited my Homestead and went back in, all of the pets' images would be correct, but once I began moving them into different groups, they would again become mixed up.

Is this a known glitch, or just something that's happening to me? I've never experienced the issue before, but then, I've also never moved more than a couple pets at a time perhaps once a day.
ashorinne

Postby Zayin » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:06 am

Maddie wrote:I've checked my messages and deleted some, but it still says I have 2 new messages

In addition when I get a new message it doesn't show up in imboc just pm history

Ok, I'll have to look at that. Probably has to do with me deleting that spammer's messages.

Azurine wrote:
    I'm having an issue with pet images in my Homestead.

I decided to reorganize my groups, so I moved all of my pets into Ungrouped, changed it so I could see 100 pets per page, and began going through, litter by litter. After finishing the first couple pages, I began noticing that when I moved a few pets to a group and returned to the previous page, some of the pets in Ungrouped were mixed up, e.g. a pet from December would be in the middle of a November litter. However, if I clicked on the "misplaced" pet, its page would be for the pet that should have been there. This was making it near impossible to know if I was organizing the pets correctly, as an Otterling I moved to my Otterlings group could have been a Dire whose image had been switched.

If I exited my Homestead and went back in, all of the pets' images would be correct, but once I began moving them into different groups, they would again become mixed up.

Is this a known glitch, or just something that's happening to me? I've never experienced the issue before, but then, I've also never moved more than a couple pets at a time perhaps once a day.

This sounds like a problem on my end. I have seen people talk about funny things happening between pages, but nothing quite like that. I'll have to look into that.

Forevermore wrote:

-Site Help Corner-

Report Site Glitches Here

Rarity Updates

Site & Forum Rules

Eldemore Lore & Info

"To Watch and Protect"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Zayin
Code Wizard

Postby Sky Kimimota » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:27 am

I apologize if this is supposed to happen, or my friends just can't make up their minds, but my friends list constantly keeps changing. The same people are there, but one second one person is bold and the rest are in italics, and the next two people are bold and the rest are in italics, and so on. For a while it was just one person, but now all the others are doing it...
Sorry guys, but I probably won't be communicating with others very much for a little while. I'm feeling kind of antisocial because of some real life issues I'm having.
Sky Kimimota

Postby Startedraining » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:29 am

Sky Kimimota wrote:I apologize if this is supposed to happen, or my friends just can't make up their minds, but my friends list constantly keeps changing. The same people are there, but one second one person is bold and the rest are in italics, and the next two people are bold and the rest are in italics, and so on. For a while it was just one person, but now all the others are doing it...

It means they are either offline or online.

bold is online

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Sky Kimimota » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:34 am

Startedraining wrote:
Sky Kimimota wrote:I apologize if this is supposed to happen, or my friends just can't make up their minds, but my friends list constantly keeps changing. The same people are there, but one second one person is bold and the rest are in italics, and the next two people are bold and the rest are in italics, and so on. For a while it was just one person, but now all the others are doing it...

It means they are either offline or online.

bold is online

Ooohhhh, I feel stupid :roll: Well, at least I learned something. Thanks, sorry for the mistake!
Sky Kimimota

Postby foxxwish » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:10 pm

Hi there, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post since it doesn't seem to be an in-site problem? ^^"

I'm having some trouble with logging in. I often get this message:
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/ ... 7rv2vi.png
I tried all three browsers on my computer (chrome, safari, firefox) and my phone as well (safari), and got that same page. Eventually I managed to log in after changing my password (this is on firefox), but I tried to sign in on chrome after that with the new password and it didn't work. (I didn't sign out of firefox though, so maybe that's why? Going to try in a moment, but I wanted to be able to post this first before doing so since I don't want to get locked out yet again.)

Thank you for any help! ^^

Edit: I signed out and wasn't able to sign in again, so I had to request yet another password change. This time on chrome, and it worked as well so I think the problem is if I sign out I can't sign in again.
ImageFoxie | ♀ | teenager | naïve; easily exciteable
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
Most people around call me fox or foxx but feel free to call me whatever as long as I know you're talking to me c: I am 13 hours ahead of eld. My favourite species are glassworks and otterlings. I think I have way too many infinite hoards 8D Please don't feel discouraged if you don't have any pets on my wishlist as my wl mostly comprises of 2013 bazaar pets; I have mostly everything else. Bad trades and bad attitudes irritate me easily but other than that I like to think of myself as a nice, friendly, easy-going person, so feel free to talk to me, I don't bite! Unless I'm hungry ;P
foxxwish

PreviousNext

Return to Report Technical Glitches