Official Lore Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things Eldemore.

Who gets the 1# Eld Dad Mug?

Caladaer
1
3%
Fenrir
4
10%
Sorren
14
35%
Willy
13
33%
Zion
8
20%
 
Total votes : 40

Re: Official Lore Discussion Thread

Postby Silverhart » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:24 pm

Tierchen wrote:
Silverhart wrote:
Clembot wrote:Wait who is Zion
edit: oh yeah Yasimi's mate nvm


Zion is the best dad obviously. XP


I voted for Zion. Because - tell me, does Caladaer, Fenrir, Sorren or Willy have kids? Except for the Sealer?


Willy and Sorren also adopted Rue. I mean... she's a ghost, and technically older then they are, but I say it counts. As for Fenrir and Cally - who knows.

Not that I'm saying you should change your vote or anything, because Zion is clearly a very good dad indeed. And he gave us clothing. And doesn't make us do homework.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
User avatar
Silverhart
 
Posts: 3823
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:44 pm

Re: Official Lore Discussion Thread

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:18 pm

omg is this a place I can ask all my crazy questions to?
I'm super bad about actually coming on here when the events happen so I get caught up on the lore and such by reading the event cutscenes thread and such.

So question, Fenrir and Cal are canon and actually a thing now yeah? *heart eyes* Can I just... from one of the event scenes: Captain Willy - Fenrir and Cally are keeping warm together in the parlor just above us if you want to catch up with them. Just be sure to knock! I'm laughing so hard at this sorry.

Is the Ancient of Time, Numair, and Felix like...dating? or...?
Can someone explain the whole thing of them being connected a bit more to me? I couldn't quite understand it from reading the event cutscenes.
And so Niles is their kiddo together?

Edit: Whoops here's another. Who's Zion cuz I've been trying and trying to find him and I can't find anything on him. =U

/end of questions for now ^-^"
ImageImage
User avatar
ElementalInsanity
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: Official Lore Discussion Thread

Postby cjr09 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:29 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:
omg is this a place I can ask all my crazy questions to?
I'm super bad about actually coming on here when the events happen so I get caught up on the lore and such by reading the event cutscenes thread and such.

So question, Fenrir and Cal are canon and actually a thing now yeah? *heart eyes* Can I just... from one of the event scenes: Captain Willy - Fenrir and Cally are keeping warm together in the parlor just above us if you want to catch up with them. Just be sure to knock! I'm laughing so hard at this sorry.

Is the Ancient of Time, Numair, and Felix like...dating? or...?
Can someone explain the whole thing of them being connected a bit more to me? I couldn't quite understand it from reading the event cutscenes.
And so Niles is their kiddo together?

Edit: Whoops here's another. Who's Zion cuz I've been trying and trying to find him and I can't find anything on him. =U

/end of questions for now ^-^"


Cally and Fenrir are indeed a thing! You're welcome, Eldemore ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Felix is Numair's blood-bonded summoner- the last of the Primals. Their relationship can probably be more described as suffering than anything else- the ship name for them was Nightmair, after all XP Benathorn has written some super great stories for them, if you'd like to read! I recommend going through the entire eld ao3 archive tbh a lot of that stuff got made canon and also i wrote a lot for it rip

Niles is their child! So is the great derp elkrin, I think? They're at least half-brothers. It's a wild family.

Zion is one of Yasimi's mates! We haven't met him officially, but he did give us some clothes in the event through Yasimi, if I remember right XP
Image
User avatar
cjr09
 
Posts: 3077
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:08 pm

Re: Official Lore Discussion Thread

Postby ElementalInsanity » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:34 pm

cjr09 wrote:Cally and Fenrir are indeed a thing! You're welcome, Eldemore ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Felix is Numair's blood-bonded summoner- the last of the Primals. Their relationship can probably be more described as suffering than anything else- the ship name for them was Nightmair, after all XP Benathorn has written some super great stories for them, if you'd like to read! I recommend going through the entire eld ao3 archive tbh a lot of that stuff got made canon and also i wrote a lot for it rip

Niles is their child! So is the great derp elkrin, I think? They're at least half-brothers. It's a wild family.

Zion is one of Yasimi's mates! We haven't met him officially, but he did give us some clothes in the event through Yasimi, if I remember right XP


Ohmygod there’s an archive of stories I know what I’m doing in my spare time thank youuu.

I ship nightmair hard tbh whoops, I ship all the ships
Derp elkrin? Lol. And who is that?

And is there something that explains Primals to me, I read somewhat about them but I’m still trying to learn the background. I may have dove headfirst into an event halfway through the lore when I joined so I’m trying to figure it out as I go still. Rip me.
ImageImage
User avatar
ElementalInsanity
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: Official Lore Discussion Thread

Postby Silverhart » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:46 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:Derp elkrin? Lol. And who is that?


Image


This is the Derp! ^^ They were released for April Fool's Day in 2015.

And yes, I recommend reading all the fan stories on Ao3 - they are awesome! XD You should be able to find them all here. There's a good amount of them, and they're all great (and more people should write Eldfics because they're awesome).

I think the only info we have on Primals was what was revealed in the event cutscenes. They are apparently as old as the Ancients, and the two races fought. There's more info scattered in talks with Fenrir, Keeper Min, and Felix and Numair. Felix mentions that he's "part Primal". Overall they're still very mysterious. I hope we learn more about them in the next story arc.

And Zion is the best. That is all.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
User avatar
Silverhart
 
Posts: 3823
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:44 pm

Re: Official Lore Discussion Thread

Postby Silverhart » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:17 pm

I just realized something, so here I am digging up the old Lore thread once again.

Anyone else find it odd that Eldemore doesn't have a lot of different species? I mean, there's more than just we collect of course, but it's kind of curious how there are only a few major species that are found across Eldemore and in different niches. Take rune dragons, probably the most diverse species we have. There are Rune dragons who live in the water, Runes who live in caves, Runes who in forests, Runes that live in cities. We have Runes that look like geckos, and Runes that look like plants, Runes that look like insects, and Runes that look like dogs, and they all have different niches, a lot like birds. But unlike birds, all of those Runes can interbreed. So they're all the same species. One species, filling hundreds of different niches in hundreds of different environments. I'm sure a lot of them are bred that way by humans, but still - that's pretty crazy!

And the same goes for all our other pet species - (save for crows) all super diverse, found in different environments, and ecological niches. There's tons of diversity in each individual species, but not a whole lot in species diversity.

You guys think there might be something going on here? Like, something wiped out most of Eldemore's species many years ago (*coughOblivionWarscough*), and the ones we collect are the ones who survived and thrived - the Runes, the Elkrin, the Direwolves, the Ligers, the Chillwings, etc. etc. In the absence of all the other animals, they could take advantage of the new resources. So maybe there were creatures before Deep Sea Runes that lived in the Deep Sea, and when they were gone, runes moved in and adapted to the new environment. Kind of like how dingos moved in and became the major predator in Australia.

It's just an interesting idea to think there may've been an ecological disaster that hit Eld, and we're all living in the aftermath and that's why there are so many individuals of specific species. I'm sure humans and trueborns would've also had a huge influence on this as well - taking the creatures they liked best, moving them to new places, breeding them for specific purposes, and having them escape into the wild. Or maybe the magic creatures have just out-competed most of the non-magical ones.

Hey! Maybe the Sealer's (or Falk's) whole goal is to restore balance by establishing creatures in niches where the previous occupants went extinct, like introducing direwolves in places with too many elkrin, or breeding a humming bumble that can pollinate a specific type of flower.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
User avatar
Silverhart
 
Posts: 3823
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:44 pm

Re: Official Lore Discussion Thread

Postby Sphye » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:02 am

Silverhart wrote:I just realized something, so here I am digging up the old Lore thread once again.

Anyone else find it odd that Eldemore doesn't have a lot of different species? I mean, there's more than just we collect of course, but it's kind of curious how there are only a few major species that are found across Eldemore and in different niches. Take rune dragons, probably the most diverse species we have. There are Rune dragons who live in the water, Runes who live in caves, Runes who in forests, Runes that live in cities. We have Runes that look like geckos, and Runes that look like plants, Runes that look like insects, and Runes that look like dogs, and they all have different niches, a lot like birds. But unlike birds, all of those Runes can interbreed. So they're all the same species. One species, filling hundreds of different niches in hundreds of different environments. I'm sure a lot of them are bred that way by humans, but still - that's pretty crazy!

And the same goes for all our other pet species - (save for crows) all super diverse, found in different environments, and ecological niches. There's tons of diversity in each individual species, but not a whole lot in species diversity.

You guys think there might be something going on here? Like, something wiped out most of Eldemore's species many years ago (*coughOblivionWarscough*), and the ones we collect are the ones who survived and thrived - the Runes, the Elkrin, the Direwolves, the Ligers, the Chillwings, etc. etc. In the absence of all the other animals, they could take advantage of the new resources. So maybe there were creatures before Deep Sea Runes that lived in the Deep Sea, and when they were gone, runes moved in and adapted to the new environment. Kind of like how dingos moved in and became the major predator in Australia.

It's just an interesting idea to think there may've been an ecological disaster that hit Eld, and we're all living in the aftermath and that's why there are so many individuals of specific species. I'm sure humans and trueborns would've also had a huge influence on this as well - taking the creatures they liked best, moving them to new places, breeding them for specific purposes, and having them escape into the wild. Or maybe the magic creatures have just out-competed most of the non-magical ones.

Hey! Maybe the Sealer's (or Falk's) whole goal is to restore balance by establishing creatures in niches where the previous occupants went extinct, like introducing direwolves in places with too many elkrin, or breeding a humming bumble that can pollinate a specific type of flower.

I absolutely adore this entire train of thought. I wonder if the hypothetical extinct creatures would have included many more mundane kinds, or if they would have been as fantastic as "modern" Elde's creatures?
I think that Oblivion's whole thing is very very plausible as a cause for many of the extinctions that could have occured. I wonder if anything had been going on prior to that that could have set it off even earlier, too? Since we know that humans were around before Oblivion found them, maybe complications that would affect the natural world were also sitting in the background.


On the other, more devil's-advocate-y hand, what if the variety in Eldemore's creature groups isn't entirely due to strangely-spread-out relative creatures, but misidentification? What if elkrin are actually four or five families that have similar enough morphology and magical properties to be taken for the same group? We only know for certain that the creatures who have already been bred on-site are reproductively compatible. Hypothetically, anything outside of the pairings that have already happened might not be interbreedable.

Apologies if my structure is fragmented, chipped, or otherwise difficult to work with! It's two in the morning for me.
User avatar
Sphye
 
Posts: 20700
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:06 am

Re: Official Lore Discussion Thread

Postby Silverhart » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:42 pm

Sphye wrote:
On the other, more devil's-advocate-y hand, what if the variety in Eldemore's creature groups isn't entirely due to strangely-spread-out relative creatures, but misidentification? What if elkrin are actually four or five families that have similar enough morphology and magical properties to be taken for the same group? We only know for certain that the creatures who have already been bred on-site are reproductively compatible. Hypothetically, anything outside of the pairings that have already happened might not be interbreedable.


That's an interesting thought. Like deer and gazelle in our world - both are different species entirely, but they look similar and serve similar roles in their environment.

As for whether the extinct creatures are mundane or fantastic - I don't know. It could be that the more magical lines of life - elkrin, runes, jackalopes, etc. simply out-competed the mundane versions. I mean magic is a pretty powerful advantage when it comes to finding food and mates (not to mention forming alliances through bonding magic with creatures more powerful than you). Maybe Oblivion had nothing at all to do with it and it was simply the magic creatures out competing everything else. So far, the only mundane, magicaless creatures we know about are humans, crows, and the Oriental jader breed (there might be some I'm missing, I'm not sure if there was mention of other magicless critters in the past). But all of these animals rely on magic in some way. Humans have learned to use magic to their advantage, the only crows we've seen are allied with humans via magic, and jaders were domesticated by humans. Magic seems to be absolutely vital to Eldemore - if ya ain't got any, better ally yourself with someone that does. Kind of explains why halfborns might be at such a disadvantage in Eld, and why bonding with a magic creature is seen as so important.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
User avatar
Silverhart
 
Posts: 3823
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:44 pm

Previous

Return to Eldemore Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest