Its been a while, old friend

A place to discuss all things Eldemore.

Its been a while, old friend

Postby Wild & Free » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:59 pm

Man its been a bumpy road hasnt it? The radio silence for a while really made me fear the worst for the new site or that the project had been abandoned. Im glad to see its still being worked on behind the scenes and that its supposed to be released when its more polished c:

The last time i logged in i think was two or three years ago (i had forgotten my username, oops)
Its cool to see that some of the og users are still posting and visiting back for updates and to show their support :)

How's everyone doing since the hiatus started? Anyone got any specific expectations or hopes for the launch? I know Zaiyn has been working very hard not only on his health during 2020 but also the new site coding and data; so please try to give him some more recognition for pursuing the new site even after all this time c:
Hello I Joined may 2015! <This is to keep track of when I did join :3
I Do flight rising trades and Chicken smoothie trades as well, but usually not for current event pets

Wild & Free

Re: Its been a while, old friend

Postby Silverhart » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:03 am

Glad you remembered your username! It's neat to see someone who hasn't been active come back to check on things. I've been doing well! Checking in now and then, giving the site a bit of a poke with a stick to make sure it's still alive. XD Trying (and so far failing) to come up with some fun things to do with my eldsonas do while they pass they time.

I don't really have any expectations, but I do miss the characters and events. And I would love to see the community thrive again - it was such a good one! Still is, I suppose, just a lot less active.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Sphye » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:35 am

Silverhart wrote:I don't really have any expectations, but I do miss the characters and events. And I would love to see the community thrive again - it was such a good one! Still is, I suppose, just a lot less active.

The community has made like an ursa and hibernated. Legends say that only a True Love's Site Reopening Please can wake it.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby BBkat » Sun May 01, 2022 1:06 am

I just wish we could get some kind of update D: It's been 'on hiatus' for going on 5 years, and it's been over a year since we last got an update (even tho according to the site Zayin *has* been on recently). I miss this site, it was cool.
Image My UNGROUPED tab is not for trade!
BBkat

Postby Silverhart » Mon May 02, 2022 9:53 pm

BBkat wrote:I just wish we could get some kind of update D: It's been 'on hiatus' for going on 5 years, and it's been over a year since we last got an update (even tho according to the site Zayin *has* been on recently). I miss this site, it was cool.

I suspect there's just nothing interesting to report. Or Zayin simply doesn't have the time to write up an update.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby Sphye » Sat May 07, 2022 11:54 am

Silverhart wrote:
BBkat wrote:I just wish we could get some kind of update D: It's been 'on hiatus' for going on 5 years, and it's been over a year since we last got an update (even tho according to the site Zayin *has* been on recently). I miss this site, it was cool.

I suspect there's just nothing interesting to report. Or Zayin simply doesn't have the time to write up an update.

I share the frustration grown from the silence. It's difficult to stay invested when emotional investment is met by extended nothingness. Certainly, building a website is an immense task, and likely to be intensive and take time! Certainly, there would be periods where the progress made doesn't make for an interesting update, despite the work placed into it. Saying nothing for so long, though, chips away at the morale of the userbase. We can only take it on faith that something is happening behind the scenes, and for many that faith has worn thin.

Now I'm pondering something about how, in many internet spaces, you only tangibly exist when you say something. Hmm. Well, by posting this, I continue to exist!
by ebriose.

♪♪♪

Postby Silverhart » Sat May 07, 2022 11:44 pm

Sphye wrote:

Now I'm pondering something about how, in many internet spaces, you only tangibly exist when you say something. Hmm. Well, by posting this, I continue to exist!

Like 'if a tree falls in the forest, and no one's around to hear it, does it make a sound?'

If you send out a message on the internet and no one sees it, did you even write a message at all?
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Sphye » Sun May 08, 2022 8:52 pm

Silverhart wrote:
Sphye wrote:

Like 'if a tree falls in the forest, and no one's around to hear it, does it make a sound?'

If you send out a message on the internet and no one sees it, did you even write a message at all?

Almost inverse, I think! Like, "if a completely non-corporeal tree makes a sound when someone is nearby, does the tree exist?"
Or something like that.

But you have seen me, and I have seen you, so we have anecdotal evidence of our own existences! Huzzah!
by ebriose.

♪♪♪

Postby LonelyRyu » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:17 pm

Silverhart wrote:I suspect there's just nothing interesting to report. Or Zayin simply doesn't have the time to write up an update.

Ah yes. The good ol' standby of "I just don't have the time.." routine as if three is absolutely no one else who can quickly log in and drop a few lines and let us know if we should stick around or just give up, delete our accounts and find better pastures elsewhere.

Well the only saving grace is that this place is still here so maybe after nearly five years of absolute silence both here and wherever it was that updates were supposed to be posted I do suspect that someone behind the scenes is laughing their heads off at us right now
Image Imaginary Air Bender
LonelyRyu

Postby Spectreselva » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:08 pm

I've all but given up at this point. I get that making a website takes time, that things come up. But it's been 5 years. It doesn't take 5 years to code a website. If it does, then you clearly need to get help making it. Especially, if I recall, in the last update it was indicated the site was all but ready to be relaunched. That they were finishing a last few things.

Also to me, the dead radio silence of no update for now a year and a half is very telling. Even if it's not exciting, they could at least tell us that it's still being worked on. I don't think Eldemore is ever coming back at this point.

Face it, the site's been abandoned by the developer.
Ultra collection completed 11/16/15

Hoarding:
Emerald zodiac gem rune dragon pygmys
All Carousel Slepneirs
All betta runes

Eldemore trades
Off-Site trades
Spectreselva

Next

Return to Eldemore Discussion