Anyone else prefer the old adopt lines?

A place to discuss all things Eldemore.

Anyone else prefer the old adopt lines?

Postby revenant » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:00 pm

Title. For every creature that's had its lines updated, the old lines looked way better, in my opinion. It's kind of frustrating to see all these amazing, dynamic poses get scrapped for much more basic ones that make them just look boring. I miss the old Elkrin the most- they used to look so lively and energetic, now they just sort of... stand there.

Does anyone else feel this way? I know there were probably technical reasons behind the changes but it's disappointing that they couldn't at least keep the poses, or make similarly interesting ones. It feels like this site is slowly gravitating towards having all the pets just standing/sitting and staring off directly in front of them, and it feels like a big waste of potential to me.
╔═══════════════════╗
reyes
male, bi
trying for a complete collection
(11 pages left)
trade me wishlist stuff!!
also offering CS pets for eld
╚═══════════════════╝

revenant

Re: Anyone else prefer the old adopt lines?

Postby Sphye » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:35 am

There are certainly lines that I miss, like the pudgy baby drakes from early-on, but I also really appreciate the improvement in others. The adolescent elkrin, for example, seem so much more balanced and healthy after their revamp.
This one looks like a very cute baby, for sure, but the technical improvement and alertness in this one:
is so much more pleasant to my eye.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Karina » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:00 am

Concerning the Elkrin, I do like both. I personally miss the old Otterlings; may be the new ones look more like real otters, but I prefer the old version. And for me the new Rune Drakes are an absolute no-go, the old verson looks so majestic, and the new ones seem to lie flat on the ground. Despite of that I really like some of the new additions very well, especially the Chillawings and the Dhol´kai :).
Currently looking for this cutie:

Trade groups from rare on are locked, please send a suggestion if you are interested in trading for one of those groups.
Karina

Postby Silverhart » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:15 am

I love the old lines from a nostalgic sense, and I totally agree with you on the dynamic poses. That said though, I feel the newer lines are much better technically. The original Drake poses are fantastic, but it was challenging to design on, and they don't have as clear and open a silhouette as the current versions. They lacked areas of open space for artists to play around with - I'm not sure if that's the exact reason it was changed, but so many designs on the newer drakes would have never worked on the old.

And that's how I feel about all the old poses. I love the old and the new for different reasons. The old otterlings are chubby and fluffy, but the new ones are so sleek and have a wonderful line of movement that lends itself to awesome designs. The old elkrin are delicate and stylized, while the new ones have a wonderful heft and weight to them - they really feel like they could be real animals. The old liger lines are lovely and elegant, but the new ligers have a lot more space for designs, and a larger, more expressive face.

So yeah, I don't think I do prefer the old lines. I like them both for different reasons. I think the newer ones are technically better though, and have a ton of personality, so I'm quite happy with them. ^^
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Benathorn » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Locking this topic since it was already similarly posted in the past by yourself as well and is being locked again for the same reasons.

We understand that some like the past lines, but as mentioned above, there are many things to like about the new ones as well since they will not be reverted. However, the old lines will always be there for you to enjoy~
Benathorn
Administrator

Return to Eldemore Discussion