Who is ready for eldemore to be back?

A place to discuss all things Eldemore.

Re: Who is ready for eldemore to be back?

Postby LLHBBB » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:28 am

Saru. wrote:
LLHBBB wrote:Happy New Years - Sorry but I'm really lose faith that this site will ever be back up and running. I check everyday and am disappointed to see nothing new. I'd rather just have kept what we had then to have what we have now. :cry:

i know it's hard but please try to be understanding to the owner of this site. they are doing EVERYTHING on their own; of course it's going to take a lot of time for the site to be up and running. Imagine doing ALL of the coding, ALL of the art, etc, all of literally everything that needs to be done, ONE person is doing all that.Have faith! Know that he's doing the best he can and that people have IRL responsibilities as well.

I completely agree with everything you have said which is why I feel it is to much for one person who has more important real life responsibilities and real life needs to be top priority. I am an adult so I understand life comes before and hobbies or games. The fact there hasn't been any new pets makes me feel that they are even more on their own where this site goes which is just more pressure and trust me I feel for anyone under that kind of pressure. I have a ultra collection and just missing the beta. I have invested a lot of time & money into this site and absolutely love all the pets & really hope it will open again. If that happens I will be one of the biggest cheerleaders.

Sorry if I sounded like they weren't doing enough as that wasn't my intentions.
Not trading while the site is down - Sorry.

Image 7/4/16
LLHBBB

Postby Babypoke » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:58 pm

I agree with you guys.I think what is happening is people is losing hope because of the lack of updates on what is happening with development. I understand he is busy with irl and all. I can understand that because I work a full time job and it takes priority over gaming.
I Hoard Chickens and foo dogs! I am active on eldemore I atleast check in daily
Babypoke

Postby revenant » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:55 pm

Babypoke wrote:I agree with you guys.I think what is happening is people is losing hope because of the lack of updates on what is happening with development. I understand he is busy with irl and all. I can understand that because I work a full time job and it takes priority over gaming.

Yeah, the complete radio silence is not at all encouraging. Add that to the complete lack of updates in the meantime - no new pets for holidays, most recent pets don't even have rarities updated, 2020 doesn't exist in the codex... It makes the site feel abandoned. It's been two years and we still don't have an active website.

I understand irl stuff comes first, I understand coding is a lot of work and takes time, but with how long this has been dragging on and the way updates are only getting fewer and farther between, eventually it's time to accept that either more help is needed to pull this place together because one person is never going to get it all done, or it's time to accept the site is dead instead of pretending it's ever going to make a comeback.
╔═══════════════════╗
reyes
male, bi
trying for a complete collection
(11 pages left)
trade me wishlist stuff!!
also offering CS pets for eld
╚═══════════════════╝

revenant

Postby Chione » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:59 pm

I have to agree with the rest of the sentiment about the radio silence being really discouraging. The hiatus was sad because I loved the site, but when there were regular updates and holiday pets i was fine because it still at least felt alive. I completely understand that this is being run and created by one person, and I have an insane amount of respect for someone to be so dedicated to a hobby as to learn coding and build a site from scratch while still managing irl responsibilities, so if took them 5 years I would still be waiting when it’s finally back. But the lack of updates makes it feel almost hopeless. Even if it was just a monthly “hey guys, still here! Life happened this month so I don’t really have anything interesting to show you, but we’re still chipping away!” It would still be reassuring to Be kinda kept in the loop about how fast/show progress is happening.
With that, it’s going to take a looot more for me to give up on my precious eldemore babs, so I’ll be here until either the site makes its glorious comeback or Zayin/Bena say its gone for good.
Need lots of Eldemore pets from 2013!
Also need Baubles!
Send Trades Please!
Chione

Postby Bassnectar » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:48 pm

reyes wrote:
Babypoke wrote:I agree with you guys.I think what is happening is people is losing hope because of the lack of updates on what is happening with development. I understand he is busy with irl and all. I can understand that because I work a full time job and it takes priority over gaming.

Yeah, the complete radio silence is not at all encouraging. Add that to the complete lack of updates in the meantime - no new pets for holidays, most recent pets don't even have rarities updated, 2020 doesn't exist in the codex... It makes the site feel abandoned. It's been two years and we still don't have an active website.

I understand irl stuff comes first, I understand coding is a lot of work and takes time, but with how long this has been dragging on and the way updates are only getting fewer and farther between, eventually it's time to accept that either more help is needed to pull this place together because one person is never going to get it all done, or it's time to accept the site is dead instead of pretending it's ever going to make a comeback.

Glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. I joined eld to get away from the toxic community on CS, traded all of my valuables for Eldemore stuff and worked my way to a complete legendary collection, even won a custom. I'll always love the art and lore here, but it really is starting to fade after months with no updates.
Paracosm
A paracosm is a detailed imaginary world. Paracosms are thought
generally to originate in childhood and to have one or numerous creators.
The creator of a paracosm has a complex and deeply felt relationship
with this subjective universe, which may incorporate real-world or imaginary
characters and conventions. Commonly having its own geography, history,
and language, it is an experience that is often developed during childhood and
continues over a long period of time, months or even years, as a sophisticated
reality that can last into adulthood
Bassnectar

Postby odin » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:02 pm

I am also sad about the lack of updates.
But also, really, does the codex need a 2020 tab right now, if there are no pets there yet? Seems like pointless coding, imo, when there is more important coding to do to get the new site ready. <3
I keep popping in every now and then hoping for updates, but am just being patient in the meantime.
I won a custom pet, too, and I have an almost complete set. I only need one bazaar pet set and the Beta. I love this site so much. I love the events and lore and the monthly pets are always amazing. <3
I holding onto hope that it will be as it once was. <3

Benathorn <3

Pets in ungrouped are NOT for trade.

*Small note: If I have monthly, still growing, pets in my trades folder, sometimes I wait to make sure there are no splits before I trade my extras away. You're free to offer, however I might not accept straight away, until I know the outcome doesn't have a split. ^^" *
odin

Postby Startedraining » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:31 pm

odin wrote:I am also sad about the lack of updates.
But also, really, does the codex need a 2020 tab right now, if there are no pets there yet? Seems like pointless coding, imo, when there is more important coding to do to get the new site ready. <3
I keep popping in every now and then hoping for updates, but am just being patient in the meantime.
I won a custom pet, too, and I have an almost complete set. I only need one bazaar pet set and the Beta. I love this site so much. I love the events and lore and the monthly pets are always amazing. <3
I holding onto hope that it will be as it once was. <3

xD I think the codex is one of the things that updates automatically
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Babypoke » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:10 pm

Still here hope to get an update soon
Babypoke

Postby Sany » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:36 pm

Babypoke wrote:Still here hope to get an update soon

Maybe they'll be back for a Valentines' adopt? A girl can always hope...

F O L L O W lalaY O U R lala D R E A M S

My Hoards
♥ Jackalopes
♥ Stage 1 Otterlings
♥ Cuttlefish
♥ Stage 1 Foo Dogs
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
lalalalalala
Haiia, I'm your average Eldemore addict!
I love all sorts of art, such as music,
crochet, photography and painting!
In real life, I'm a busy PhD student
and teaching assistent in medical sciences.
Oh, did I mention I'm a total Eld addict? ♥

lalalalalalalalalaT H E Y lala K N O W lala T H E lala W A Y
Sany

Postby Babypoke » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:29 pm

Sany wrote:
Babypoke wrote:Still here hope to get an update soon

Maybe they'll be back for a Valentines' adopt? A girl can always hope...

I feel the same way
Babypoke

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore Discussion