Eldemore Fanfiction- what are you writing or reading?

A place to discuss all things Eldemore.

Re: Eldemore Fanfiction- what are you writing or reading?

Postby Scyanatha » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:24 pm

ErulasseAranel wrote:I don't know where to put this so I'm not making a new thread (yet) and am just commenting here. I was reading the new lore section, specifically the part about Dragoons and the drake trials. I decided to make an OC (still very much a work in progress) who wanted to become a Dragoon and failed; she was fortunate enough to escape with her life.

However, I need more information on the details of the trials because I'm not sure exactly how they work, what's the chance you'll get out without being maimed or killed, etc. Where are they held? I read somewhere that it was in the Endless Forest, so do they just release the people into the woods and they wander around and find a drake? How does the fighting work?

...or do you not know all of this yet and I'll have to wait to write my fanfiction. I mean, I guess I can leave it fairly vague and not describe the trial itself, but I would like to know about chance of injury and how they're expected to fight. Surely they're not aiming to kill the drake they want to bond with...?

The survival rate is extremely low. Hundreds of people participate every year, and from what I read I imagine that only one or two survive and win the loyalty of the drake to become a Dragoon - maybe five if it's a really good year. Not all of the casualties will die, there will also be a lot of heavily injured contestants who lost but got lucky enough to have their lives spared by the drake - but there WILL be a lot of dead people.

As for the location, I'm not quite sure. From what I understood, the trial in the Endless Forest is only the first part of the Trials, to root out the weak ones and those that only desire power, leaving a smaller group for the actual Drake Trials - which I myself imagine to be held in perhaps a giant arena or coliseum-style venue in Alabaster itself or nearby.

However, I'm certainly no expert on the matter, so anyone who has better knowledge of Eldemore's lore is welcome to correct me wherever necessary. ^-^

Edit: This thread is also a very good place to check out the lore. There should be a part about Alabaster City somewhere, which I recall included a little information on the Drake Trials.
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby ErulasseAranel » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:20 pm

Scyanatha wrote:
ErulasseAranel wrote:I don't know where to put this so I'm not making a new thread (yet) and am just commenting here. I was reading the new lore section, specifically the part about Dragoons and the drake trials. I decided to make an OC (still very much a work in progress) who wanted to become a Dragoon and failed; she was fortunate enough to escape with her life.

However, I need more information on the details of the trials because I'm not sure exactly how they work, what's the chance you'll get out without being maimed or killed, etc. Where are they held? I read somewhere that it was in the Endless Forest, so do they just release the people into the woods and they wander around and find a drake? How does the fighting work?

...or do you not know all of this yet and I'll have to wait to write my fanfiction. I mean, I guess I can leave it fairly vague and not describe the trial itself, but I would like to know about chance of injury and how they're expected to fight. Surely they're not aiming to kill the drake they want to bond with...?

The survival rate is extremely low. Hundreds of people participate every year, and from what I read I imagine that only one or two survive and win the loyalty of the drake to become a Dragoon - maybe five if it's a really good year. Not all of the casualties will die, there will also be a lot of heavily injured contestants who lost but got lucky enough to have their lives spared by the drake - but there WILL be a lot of dead people.

As for the location, I'm not quite sure. From what I understood, the trial in the Endless Forest is only the first part of the Trials, to root out the weak ones and those that only desire power, leaving a smaller group for the actual Drake Trials - which I myself imagine to be held in perhaps a giant arena or coliseum-style venue in Alabaster itself or nearby.

However, I'm certainly no expert on the matter, so anyone who has better knowledge of Eldemore's lore is welcome to correct me wherever necessary. ^-^

Edit: This thread is also a very good place to check out the lore. There should be a part about Alabaster City somewhere, which I recall included a little information on the Drake Trials.

Thanks so much! I'll read that thread.
I have quit Eldemore because I'm a Baptist and the lore of it, and the creatures, have to do with magic and I'd like to stay on the safe side. I have loved this community while I've been here!
ErulasseAranel

Postby Scyanatha » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:41 am

Scyanatha wrote:

I read the thread that I linked above again, and I realized that I'd been a bit wrong last night.
The first part of the Trials is the festival in Alabaster City, and the real trials seem to indeed be in the Endless Forest itself. The thread mentions "wild drakes" (in the forest) and "the drake's lair" - which leads me to believe that the fights do take place in the Endless Forest, and that they do go into that forest to seek out the wild drakes.
This is reinforced by the section about Brittle Creek Village (in the Endless Forest) where it is said that the inhabitants of this village "are valued for their assistance during these trials and often help any survivors who were wounded or rejected by the wild drakes that they wished to tame".
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby ErulasseAranel » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:44 am

Scyanatha wrote:
Scyanatha wrote:

I read the thread that I linked above again, and I realized that I'd been a bit wrong last night.
The first part of the Trials is the festival in Alabaster City, and the real trials seem to indeed be in the Endless Forest itself. The thread mentions "wild drakes" (in the forest) and "the drake's lair" - which leads me to believe that the fights do take place in the Endless Forest, and that they do go into that forest to seek out the wild drakes.
This is reinforced by the section about Brittle Creek Village (in the Endless Forest) where it is said that the inhabitants of this village "are valued for their assistance during these trials and often help any survivors who were wounded or rejected by the wild drakes that they wished to tame".

Ohh! Thanks :D
I have quit Eldemore because I'm a Baptist and the lore of it, and the creatures, have to do with magic and I'd like to stay on the safe side. I have loved this community while I've been here!
ErulasseAranel

Postby Sphye » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:03 pm

I decided to write a short one-shot featuring a favorite rare-pair of mine!
Dancing with Fate
It's only barely over a thousand words, but I think it makes for a cute little scene.

Also!! I'd like to give a shout-out to Silverhart's fic Dreams of Darak'i! Ten chapters of fluff, suspense, sass, action, and, of course, Fendaer. Read it, comment on it, love it, or all of the above.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby soulace-shard » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:32 pm

Aaaa yes this is what I live for. Fanfiction is my entire life motivation I swear. I don't know how I lived on Eldemore without reading this part of the forums before! now I have all the fanfic I could ever desire
(actually no I will never be satisfied. So far I really love what's been linked here! Currently still going through the list but aaaa this is so nice. i am in love.)

So yesterday it was about 2am and I was procrastinating on All of the Things, and I came upon the idea of writing eld history. Specifically, the Oriental Isles! Because its things seem to come from everywhere - cherry blossoms, and jade, and foo dogs, and so on.
And what if the Isles weren't always unified. What if there are like different kinds of Orientals (bc that is how it is here why can't it be like that in eld too and besides. a fic on different politeness rules would be really cute, I think!

really I just want to write more about the Oriental Isles. but I don't know what established lore there is other than what we got from the Cherry Blossom Festival.

(are there split off islands? are there peninsulas? has everyone always been united? if not then languages! cultures! different politeness rules! different kinds of bonds! different social status things depending on your family's history of bonds! wars! different ancients and wars fought on behalf of the ancients! and modernization and change and forgetting and moving on! help I am too happy to sit and dream.)
soulace-shard

Postby Sphye » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:31 pm

I had some muse to try something a little unusual for myself today! I wrote a series of haikus focusing on Seraphina and Morangwusnasomtaqa, which you can read here if you'd like to. ^v^
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Silverhart » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:46 am

A Yuletide gift for my fellow Eldemorians! ^^

Short story about a Yuletide Eve Sorren and Willy shared before they met the Sealer. Pretty sloppy and sappy, but I hope you all enjoy it! ^^
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby scmarshtacky » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:53 am

Silverhart wrote:A Yuletide gift for my fellow Eldemorians! ^^

Short story about a Yuletide Eve Sorren and Willy shared before they met the Sealer. Pretty sloppy and sappy, but I hope you all enjoy it! ^^

Oh man. That was lovely Silverhart! I loved the humor, the heartwarming moments, the little bits of action, and your writing style is so delightful. Thanks for sharing it. ^^

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Postby Silverhart » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:18 am

Who'd a thunk I'd be back here for Yuletide, yet again? XD That was totally not my intention. Here it is at last. After over a year of working on it, I present to you:

It's definitely one of my longer stories. It's all written, and I'll be posting new chapters as they're polished up over the next few weeks. I hope you guys enjoy! I spent way, way too much time on this story. I actually learned a lot, so even if it's awful (and please do tell me if it's awful - I would hate to think I posted something awful and no one corrected me and I went on writing awful, awful fanfiction) I think (well, hope?) it was worth it.

Enjoy everyone!
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore Discussion