Willy
38%
Zion
19%

Total votes : 42

Re: Official Lore Discussion Thread

Postby valiant-quest » Tue May 17, 2016 2:56 pm

Is it okay to have "fan races"?
I've always wanted there to be a feline native Eldemorian race, but I know that isn't going to actually happen.
I have this idea of a fan-race called the Ailurians.
They have pointed ears, a cat-like tail (can be bushy or tufted) and cat lips (with that little cleft). And also...
*drumroll*
Cat feet.
They bond with ligers.
They live a solitary lifestyle, only coming together to mate. They have one mate at a time, but they don't mate for life.
And they scuffle a lot.
I haven't figured how their names work yet.
There's also a sub race called Icthyailurians, or Fishkin. They have Ailurian cat ears and claws, but they have a scaly, fish-like tail and webbed feet. They bond with sea servals.
Unlike Ailurians, Fishkin live in clans called "prides" or "schools". They mate for life, and have a much different culture.
I'm going to make an Ailurian character right now. (He's a fanchar, he doesn't really exist in Eldemore. More of just an idea.)
What do you think?
valiant-quest

Postby Silverhart » Wed May 18, 2016 12:46 pm

@Sandbot - I think that sounds awesome! I don't think there's any rule that says you can't make your Eld characters any way you want. ^^ ( But maybe you could make your own fantasy world based on those races! That'd be so cool!)

I'm so glad we finally learned what Fiore is! ^^

So does anyone have any developing theories about the event?

Yasimi seemed rather touchy about the whole transforming into a wolf thing, and I wonder if either she or her family have been affected by it...

Also curious as to why/how she thinks Fenrir killed an Ancient by himself... Even for Fenrir that seems pretty far fetched (heh... 'fetched', unintentional pun is punderful), or what collecting crystals have to do with proving his innocence - if in fact he is innocent. I mean... for someone accused of such a crime he doesn't seem to be in a hurry to prove his innocence. Or maybe he knows he can't prove it, and has given up trying. In any case, much as I love Fenny, and unashamedly ship him with Cally, I think we need to consider the possibility that he has done something wrong - something that has led Yasimi to mistrust him. Of course, he's innocent until proven guilty, but I do wonder...
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Startedraining » Wed May 18, 2016 12:51 pm

I don't see why turning into a wolf makes someone wild and such. Perhaps Yasimi's upset because her faith is being challenged by an unbiased third party- the Sealer- and she's slowly possibly maybe starting to agree that what's inside already shouldn't be choked at a young age. She refers to them as primal natures, despite primal being a word that means something different to the Sealer, Yasimi just means that they are born with it.

Maybe soon she will change her mind, and know that you don't need to change who you are at birth. I shrug and speculate much too much over this.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Silverhart » Wed May 18, 2016 5:05 pm

Hmm... I didn't get the feeling that Yasimi wanted to stamp out the wild nature of herself or pups.

In any society we have to "give up" certain things in order to fit in. Human children are taught that hitting and screaming won't get them what they want, and even among wild wolves pups are disciplined when they play too aggressively. So teaching your child/pup to control their emotions is pretty paramount in any society whether animal or human, or in this case wolfkin. Maybe Yasimi sees Hubris followers as children who just want to have their way? They aren't disciplined or civilized in her eyes. And so for the Sealer to suggest that she's wrong on that issue... Uh-oh. XP No wonder she's insulted. That's like telling a mom she's raising her kids wrong.

But the issue I'm more interested in is the Sealer asking her if any of them are losing their ability to transform. She seemed touchy about that, and never offered an answer. I wonder why. Is her pack experiencing this? Or perhaps her or her pups? Are they saddened or embarrassed by the loss of their transformation powers? Or perhaps the mere suggestion that they are losing their ability is offensive to her? Hmm... I have to reread the dialogue again when I get home. I don't have the time right now, and it's possible I missed something considering how tired I was last night. I'm still exhausted today, so my brain is sort of rambling, and my leaps in thinking might not make much sense. XP
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Startedraining » Wed May 18, 2016 5:16 pm

I'm really cloudy on the reason they can turn into wolves, is it similar to Sorren's thing where it happens when he's upset or angry?
If that's the case I can see why children would need to learn to control that, but if they're controlling all of their feelings and not letting themselves be who they are and retrain from becoming a wolf when they feel enormous glee or excitement, I see that as stamping it out XP
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Scyanatha » Wed May 18, 2016 5:59 pm

Startedraining wrote:
I'm really cloudy on the reason they can turn into wolves, is it similar to Sorren's thing where it happens when he's upset or angry?
If that's the case I can see why children would need to learn to control that, but if they're controlling all of their feelings and not letting themselves be who they are and retrain from becoming a wolf when they feel enormous glee or excitement, I see that as stamping it out XP

Well, in one of the dialogue options with Fenrir, the "turning into a wolf" thing is something they can do at will, it didn't seem to me like it necessarily involves violent emotions. But that can happen, they can go berserk (Bena's lore thread mentioned something about that, I think).

As for halfborn Avians... if I'm correct, they can also change at will, but they don't usually choose to, and their transformations are indeed influenced by their emotions, causing them to lose their sanity more easily. Which is why they need to learn to control their emotions.
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby scmarshtacky » Wed May 18, 2016 6:25 pm

Startedraining wrote:

Kind of along these lines, I wonder why it is that Wolfkin have a full wolf form, but (to my knowledge) neither Avians or Elvians have a full bird/cervine form.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Postby Startedraining » Wed May 18, 2016 6:30 pm

scmarshtacky wrote:
Startedraining wrote:

Kind of along these lines, I wonder why it is that Wolfkin have a full wolf form, but (to my knowledge) neither Avians or Elvians have a full bird/cervine form.

Could be because the ancients that they worship are not giant birds/deer, and wolfkin are literal descendants of a giant wolf. I'm not sure. I don't even know if this made sense.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Noel » Wed May 18, 2016 6:41 pm

Sandbot wrote:Is it okay to have "fan races"?
I've always wanted there to be a feline native Eldemorian race, but I know that isn't going to actually happen.
I have this idea of a fan-race called the Ailurians.
They have pointed ears, a cat-like tail (can be bushy or tufted) and cat lips (with that little cleft). And also...
*drumroll*
Cat feet.
They bond with ligers.
They live a solitary lifestyle, only coming together to mate. They have one mate at a time, but they don't mate for life.
And they scuffle a lot.
I haven't figured how their names work yet.
There's also a sub race called Icthyailurians, or Fishkin. They have Ailurian cat ears and claws, but they have a scaly, fish-like tail and webbed feet. They bond with sea servals.
Unlike Ailurians, Fishkin live in clans called "prides" or "schools". They mate for life, and have a much different culture.
I'm going to make an Ailurian character right now. (He's a fanchar, he doesn't really exist in Eldemore. More of just an idea.)
What do you think?

I would absolutely love a feline like race. I've always wanted one since they started doing the lore and other races here on Eld.

My avatar is a rough base on what I'd want my character to be. She is based on a very old (over 10 years) Star Wars character I made. I would love to redo her and find her a home in Eldemore.
ImageLovelace
Will trade pets for Baubles, Missed outcomes, Hoard pets, and Extra Eld pets. Also looking for CS wish list pets, items, and C$.
Please take a look around and see what I have to offer. Looking forward to trades.

My CS account
neptonian
Noel

Postby Scyanatha » Thu May 19, 2016 5:10 am

Startedraining wrote:
scmarshtacky wrote:
Startedraining wrote:

Could be because the ancients that they worship are not giant birds/deer, and wolfkin are literal descendants of a giant wolf. I'm not sure. I don't even know if this made sense.

Well, actually, the Ancient of Life which the Elvians worship IS in fact a giant deer... except that he has some rather monstrous fangs. I mean... Mythandian is usually depicted as a great, white stag.
I have no clue about the Ancient of Winds, though.

But maybe... maybe it's possible that once, in the distant past, both the Elvian and the Avian did have a full cervine or bird form just like the Hubris wolfkin have their saber wolf form, but that their actual "ancestors"/deities (which would be creatures like Hubris, but for their respective races) have died or been killed - or that they completely rejected those "ancestors", and that as a result they lost their primal magic/nature, rendering them unable to transform at all.
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage

Scyanatha

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore Discussion