31%
Willy
38%
Zion
19%

Total votes : 42

Re: Official Lore Discussion Thread

Postby Benathorn » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:47 am

Mathcat wrote:My concern was that it was going to look rather silly having Kyra surprised that Flare could talk to her if all rune dragons could talk to people they weren't bonded to. If it's case-by-case or not at all, I can easily hand-wave that.

The quote from Fenrir that started me thinking about all this (relevant part bolded for emphasis):

Delilah is indeed my mal'rayi— my mother wolf. I call only her this since she adopted me as her pup back then after she… unfortunately lost her own to a complicated birth shortly before meeting me. She said she could never have pups again after that, but told me that Hubris granted her wish with another pup instead. She has looked after me as her ban’on ever since.

Fenrir is a bit of a special case in this since he harbors the spirit wolf, Hubris, that can commune and understand many things. However, wolfkin are quite in tuned with their dires more so than other creatures since they too can turn into beasts. A similar situation can be said for Elvian Spirit Healers who speak and commune directly with one's spirit allowing them to understand the true natures and emotions of creatures. But none directly speak out loud like people do among each other.

For most cases, unless specified in a canon event, the creatures of Eldemore do not speak even when bonded. Even though they are certainly more intelligent and magical in their own right than our animals of earth. Bonded individuals are more in tuned with their chosen creature more so than others, of course, garnering fleeting feelings of distress or fear from their companion, but not to the point of speech.

The only rune species that is an exception to this are the messenger runes whose sole purpose is to speak and deliver messages across the realm like Tiddly Winks. They are an enigma, those messenger runes lol. Hopefully this better helps to answer your question~
Benathorn
Administrator

Postby Mathcat » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:24 am

Thanks, it does. Now I can finally get around to finishing that story.
I'm not really here anymore, but I am still posting stories at https://archiveofourown.org/users/Mathcat2/pseuds/Mathcat2. I mainly write stories for Dragon Cave, MagiStream, and Forest of Mirrors, but I do have one Eldemore story.
Mathcat

Postby Silverhart » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:02 am

Oh look! A new poll! XP

I figured with a new adventure on the horizon it was time to reflect and speculate on the story. And also to speculate on all the new juicy lore we shall learn in Falk's story...

For anyone curious here are the final results of the last poll:

Captain Willy
    44 votes
    30%
    Shrine Maiden
    8 votes
    5%
    Seraphina
    25 votes
    17%
    Sullivan
    11 votes
    8%
    Sorren Corvus
    58 votes
    40%

Total votes : 146

Was there any particular point in the Sealer's story that you enjoyed most?
I personally really enjoyed the Darak'i Event in terms of story development, but loved the event on the Wicked Serval just for the pure fluffy feels. ^^
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Startedraining » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:34 pm

The first encounter with Seraphina was the most memorable for me, Seraphina's words stuck with me the most, something about this:
"I see dark times coming. Your fate is certain, but your destiny is not easy to reach. It is much easier to run away from destiny than to accept it, but if you stay the course and weather the storm, you will get there, and be rewarded. Just know that not everything must happen for a reason..."

kind of stood out
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Shinwanée » Wed May 31, 2017 1:21 pm

I wanted to post this ever since Fauna made her debut. But I loved that the jackalope finally had an entry in the codex lore. I wouldn't be surprise if there are folktales starring the the jackalope. Bless the jack-of-all-trades.

Speaking of Fauna, I wonder who are Flora's messengers? Since she is the shy one that no one knows what she looked like yet. It's easy to see her handiwork on certain pet litters when she combines her powers with Fauna. Like these two from this spring's event.
Image Image
So what is her opinion, that people are mass producing roses for the past two weeks?

I eagerly await the lore to be filled with the lion-like pets: Ligers, Griffins, and Foo Dogs. :)
[*needs to be more social*] Hopelessly addicted to virtual adopdables.

Happy New Year Eldemore!
Image Image
This calls for pancakes!
(Work in Progress as Always)

......................................................................................................................................
Shinwanée

Postby Shin-Ah » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:08 pm

Benathorn wrote:
Mathcat wrote:My concern was that it was going to look rather silly having Kyra surprised that Flare could talk to her if all rune dragons could talk to people they weren't bonded to. If it's case-by-case or not at all, I can easily hand-wave that.

The quote from Fenrir that started me thinking about all this (relevant part bolded for emphasis):

Delilah is indeed my mal'rayi— my mother wolf. I call only her this since she adopted me as her pup back then after she… unfortunately lost her own to a complicated birth shortly before meeting me. She said she could never have pups again after that, but told me that Hubris granted her wish with another pup instead. She has looked after me as her ban’on ever since.

Fenrir is a bit of a special case in this since he harbors the spirit wolf, Hubris, that can commune and understand many things. However, wolfkin are quite in tuned with their dires more so than other creatures since they too can turn into beasts. A similar situation can be said for Elvian Spirit Healers who speak and commune directly with one's spirit allowing them to understand the true natures and emotions of creatures. But none directly speak out loud like people do among each other.

For most cases, unless specified in a canon event, the creatures of Eldemore do not speak even when bonded. Even though they are certainly more intelligent and magical in their own right than our animals of earth. Bonded individuals are more in tuned with their chosen creature more so than others, of course, garnering fleeting feelings of distress or fear from their companion, but not to the point of speech.

The only rune species that is an exception to this are the messenger runes whose sole purpose is to speak and deliver messages across the realm like Tiddly Winks. They are an enigma, those messenger runes lol. Hopefully this better helps to answer your question~

Well I certainly break the canon alot in my fics then (I already do for the most part as just let my imagination go BOOM but that's the fun of AU's?) X'D

usually have things explained but I thought the magical links wouldn't least allow some form of almost telepathic communication between two bonded while Blood bonds feel like you are at least almost one in the same..... I really do interpret things differently in fandoms ^.^;;;

What's everyone else doing in their meantime now that the main story is kinda like paused? I've honestly been a bit of a low on creativity and motivation (a good amount due to depression) but jaders and now Bena's making Oc's it's sparked my creativity a bit. (AND ESPECIALLY THANKS TO SHINOE AND HER AS SHINOE BOUGHT ME THE FIRST OC, my baby boy~!)

I still need to work on a few things that are elde-related for Sphye as a late birthday present.... she knows its art so I'm just putting it out there, but like I also have been wanting to make some sort of fan project to help newer users get a feel for the sealer and thier story once we move onto Falks (with everyone's permmission of course) but that would need ALOT of motivation and energy I don't necessarily have yet.

Also I have a question what all is in an Elvian's diet anyway? I know antlered creatures are a no but what else are? Like let's talk Elvian cuisine here. (Or would that be more suited for headcanons?)

heck, let's talk race cuisine in general.
Image A ᴛʜᴏᴜsᴀɴᴅ ʙʟᴀᴅᴇs ᴜɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ
Rᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪɴᴋ ᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅs, ʏᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪɴᴇ
Lᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴅᴇ ʀᴜsʜ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜAɴᴅ ᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴀʏ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ
ᴡᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
-Aᴍᴀʟᴇᴇ
Sʜᴇ/ʜᴇʀ, Gᴇɴᴅᴇʀᴘᴜɴᴋ
Sʜɪɴ-Aʜ ᴏʀ Jᴀyɴᴀ
Mᴇɴᴛᴀʟʟʏ Mᴀʀʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ Iᴋᴇ Fʀᴏᴍ Fɪʀᴇ Eᴍʙʟᴇᴍ
Sᴏᴄɪᴀʟʟʏ Aɴxɪᴏᴜs
Cʜᴀᴏᴛɪᴄ Gᴏᴏᴅ, INFP
Trade DA CS
Felis Fire Lioden
Fan fics Avatar Source
Charahub Pokefarm
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shin-Ah

Postby Sphye » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:05 pm

Shin-Ah wrote:Also I have a question what all is in an Elvian's diet anyway? I know antlered creatures are a no but what else are? Like let's talk Elvian cuisine here. (Or would that be more suited for headcanons?)

Ooh, that's a fun topic!! I wonder how the nutritional needs of each of Eldemore's races would vary.

To the best of my knowledge, vegetarianism isn't an across-the-board constant for all Elvians. Perhaps it varies depending upon the norms of which Elvian Kingdom one comes from? Perhaps it's up to each Elvian's preference, like with humans.

I like the thought that Elvians might use particular seasonings that humans wouldn't typically, for reasons both nutritional and culinarily-interesting. Feathers, being made of keratin, might prove healthy for Elvians in certain amounts; Shaving a bit of feather onto one's food might make a difference in flavor that Elvians are more capable of detecting than the other races. While the keratin in feathers is different than the keratin in antlers, hair, and nails, bits of the protein might still be able to be extracted for use.
Factor in the magical aspects associated with certain varieties of feathers, such as phoenixes when they were plentiful, or rune dragons, for Even More Neatness.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Silverhart » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:35 pm

Shin-Ah wrote:Also I have a question what all is in an Elvian's diet anyway? I know antlered creatures are a no but what else are? Like let's talk Elvian cuisine here. (Or would that be more suited for headcanons?)

I still adore the idea of elvian's eating their shed antler velvet. I think Sphye or someone suggested it would be like bubble gum. Horrible habit, but once you start you just can't stop. XP

I imagine that most elvians are like deer and would mainly stick to a mostly vegetarian diet, but deer have also been said to eat meat when the opportunity arises, so I imagine most elvians are the same. Since Cally is a spirit healer he might just choose not to eat any meat (was it established that Cally eats meat at all? I dunno). And like Sphye said, it might also vary between the different kingdoms. The feather idea is both really weird, a little gross, and quite fascinating. People have certainly eaten weirder things.

But wait! What is they used Chillawing feathers? And the chillawings that look like food had feathers that tasted like that food!? XD That would be so amazing.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Human » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:24 am

According to Eldemore Lore, there's a huge blackmarket around here somewhere. And I either wanna find it and put an end to it, or aid it.

So, anyone got a Phoenix Feather?
Live Chillawings?

Also!
Apparently there are humans who have learned the art of necromancy...? And have basilisks working with them teaching them more dangerous stuff?? If you're one of them, then... Take all my money ok I'll run away.

And apparently people actually TAKE THE FUR OFF OF CHILLAWINGS??? How could you even harm one?? They're so fluffy and cute and excitable and huggable.

I need some answers. Does anyone have any?
Human

Postby Scyanatha » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:36 am

Silverhart wrote:

I still adore the idea of elvian's eating their shed antler velvet. I think Sphye or someone suggested it would be like bubble gum. Horrible habit, but once you start you just can't stop. XP

I imagine that most elvians are like deer and would mainly stick to a mostly vegetarian diet, but deer have also been said to eat meat when the opportunity arises, so I imagine most elvians are the same. Since Cally is a spirit healer he might just choose not to eat any meat (was it established that Cally eats meat at all? I dunno). And like Sphye said, it might also vary between the different kingdoms. The feather idea is both really weird, a little gross, and quite fascinating. People have certainly eaten weirder things.

But wait! What is they used Chillawing feathers? And the chillawings that look like food had feathers that tasted like that food!? XD That would be so amazing.

Oh yes.
I do agree that a majority of Elvians would probably be vegetarian, but that most would still eat meat if the situation was right. And I love the idea of them using different kinds of feathers as seasoning!

On the other hand, a Wolfkin's diet would probably consist mainly of meat, with the occasional fruit or vegetable to balance out vitamins and nutrients. They would probably also use plants as seasoning for their meat.

And Avians... I think an Avian's diet may be highly diverse, and also dependent on their House. For most servant-class Houses, their diet would consist mainly of seeds/nuts, fruits, vegetables, and insects (which are considered a delicacy by Avians). Warrior- and Noble-class houses have a much greater diversity in diet; those named after birds of prey would mainly eat meat, while other houses might have more varied diets or even be entirely vegetarian.

Human wrote:Apparently there are humans who have learned the art of necromancy...? And have basilisks working with them teaching them more dangerous stuff?? If you're one of them, then... Take all my money ok I'll run away.

And apparently people actually TAKE THE FUR OFF OF CHILLAWINGS??? How could you even harm one?? They're so fluffy and cute and excitable and huggable.

I need some answers. Does anyone have any?

Necromancers are, in fact, exclusively human. They are - or at least, used to be - the followers of the Ancient of Oblivion, and it is from him that the first Necromancers learned the art. Nowadays, they are not very common anymore, as most humans have forgotten about Oblivion, and most people are scared of them. But they are not inherently dangerous; in fact, they may do good work.
"To practice the old magic means you do not uphold any good or evil, only balance. Necromancers only wish for such, they are the silent roamers of these lands, praying over scarred battlegrounds long forgotten to keep the lost spirits at peace, or reciting old verses and rights to abandoned graveyards no longer tended to by the living. They live by Oblivion's teachings and always recite his wisdom, such as 'May you find peace in Oblivion's embrace' or 'Under Oblivion's wings, you shall never be forgotten.'

Though their only wish is to guide the lost and deceased,
[...] Oblivion's ties were severed from humanity when he was sealed away. Many Necromancers have lost their connection to him, and seek to pervert such potential magic to their own gain. Only a few Necromancers now remain faithful to the old traditions, while many now turn to the dark arts as a means to raise themselves to power and instill fear as a way to bend both the dead and living to their will."
As for the Basilisks, they are extremely rare creatures and they have very high standards, so seeing a Necromancer bonded to one is extremely rare. Most Necromancers are not bonded to a Basilisk, but will be bonded to a more common creature such as an otterling, serval, or jackalope, which may or may not be undead.

Also, not everyone is as kind-hearted as we. Much like in the real world, there exist hunters and poachers in Eldemore, who will not think twice about harming a cute creature such as a jackalope or chillawing just to strip off its pelt and make some money. That, alas, is the way of the world. It can't always be happiness and sunshine.

As for black markets, well, that's the thing with them isn't it? You never know exactly where they are unless you already know where to look. Expensive and illegal things are sold and traded there, and you will have to be very cautious as there will be plenty of swindlers trying to dupe you by selling fakeries. If you truly wish to find the Black Market, well, she isn't in just one place. The black market is everywhere, in every dark corner and seedy tavern. ^^
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage

Scyanatha

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore Discussion