38%
Zion
19%

Total votes : 42

Re: Official Lore Discussion Thread

Postby PixelPawz » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:19 pm

Just gonna hop in here xD

Startedraining wrote:
[i]I have a lot of questions about ancients too.
Like, could they die in their human form? Would they be reincarnated? Or is that the end of it for them? Are they eternally immortal and cannot be killed at all?

-snip-

I know this was a very long time ago from way back when but I thought I'd bring it back around and talk about the sad death of Animus. To me, it sorta doesn't really feel like he's truly dead. More like in a great slumber. Though his death has now become canon and we all honestly believe he is never coming back. Then in our most recent event there was the death of the wolfkin ancient, Wilds who was being hunted by Sully then killed by Hubris to end his suffering. In the Dessert event we, The Sealer, realized that for the first time in a very very long time ancients are starting to die.

I had not yet joined during the cherry blossoms event but after reading some lore and different topics I have the impression that the yin ancient had begun to sort of fade? Or her existence was sort of put on a pause due to her followers forgetting about her and ceasing to bring her offerings. (Food for thought)

So why are ancients all of the sudden dying? Sorry if I was hopping around randomly, as I was typing I kept coming up with more ideas and started writing it all down as I went!
PixelPawz

Postby Startedraining » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:31 pm

Thats a really good question actually, if ancients couldn't die before, why are they doing so now?

It perhaps is the lack of specific magic that is in Elde now. With the humans being catalysts for all magic, there's an abundance in transferring magic. That, and the ancient of oblivion wrecking the entire land.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby scmarshtacky » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:20 am

Startedraining wrote:
Thats a really good question actually, if ancients couldn't die before, why are they doing so now?

It perhaps is the lack of specific magic that is in Elde now. With the humans being catalysts for all magic, there's an abundance in transferring magic. That, and the ancient of oblivion wrecking the entire land.

Maybe it's not that they couldn't die, just that they are extremely difficult to kill. Didn't Sullivan almost kill Seraphina and Zephyr during the Oblivion Wars? And Hubris is an ancient slayer; in order to get that title, he'd have had to kill other ancients in his time, not just Wilds. We just haven't heard much about the death of ancients until recently. I guess they've mostly lived unopposed, but now that Sullivan is back in action, the peaceful times are no more and we are seeing more of them die.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Postby PixelPawz » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:38 pm

That makes sense!
PixelPawz

Postby valiant-quest » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:16 pm

This might be a dumb question but...
Why does Sullivan hate true-borns so much? Why does he want to kill them all?
valiant-quest

Postby Scar » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:23 pm

Fendaer wrote:This might be a dumb question but...

My memory is fuzzy but I think it had to do with the fact of how the Trueborns treated the Humans so poorly. :<
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
text text text text text text t
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

text text text text text text t
✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Falsanthin » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:15 pm

Fendaer wrote:This might be a dumb question but...

Couldn't remember the reason myself but after a bit of digging it was answered on the first post HERE from one of the Q&A's with Seraphina during the anniversary event last year. Too much to copy/paste the whole story so will just leave the link there XD

In a nutshell humans/avians got into an argument, a human accidently killed an avian so the avians destroyed a village which angered Oblivion so he started a full scale war as revenge then eventually he got imprisoned which ended the war. Then the sealer opened the gates however many hundreds/thousands of years later and released him so hes looking for revenge because of it
ImageImageImageImage
Falsanthin

Postby Mathcat » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:19 pm

(I know there's a Lore Question thread that hasn't been posted in since 2015, but I'm hoping it's okay to ask questions here as well.)

I have a lore question that I've been meaning to ask for a while now. Can any creatures (besides Ancients) talk? If so, which ones? Can they talk to anyone besides the person they're bonded to? All of the NPC creatures (Niles and Ancients aside) that we have met have (unless I'm missing someone) been silent, but Fenris does refer to Delilah "telling" him things that he couldn't have picked up on his own and that couldn't have been conveyed, through, say, pantomime. I know the old lore for the ligers (as per the Wiki) has them as being able to communicate, but that doesn't match what we saw with Balinu, who didn't seem that different from Vipen or Fiore in terms of intelligence.

(I guess I'm asking about rune dragons in particular, as I'm working on how Kyra (human) met Flare (rune dragon). If they rarely/never talk to people they aren't bonded to, I can hand-wave Flare being able to talk to Kyra ("You live as long as I have and you pick up a few tricks"). If they frequently talk to people they aren't bonded to, it makes no sense for Kyra to be surprised when Flare does just that.)
I'm not really here anymore, but I am still posting stories at https://archiveofourown.org/users/Mathcat2/pseuds/Mathcat2. I mainly write stories for Dragon Cave, MagiStream, and Forest of Mirrors, but I do have one Eldemore story.
Mathcat

Postby Sphye » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:45 pm

Mathcat wrote:(I know there's a Lore Question thread that hasn't been posted in since 2015, but I'm hoping it's okay to ask questions here as well.)

I have a lore question that I've been meaning to ask for a while now. Can any creatures (besides Ancients) talk? If so, which ones? Can they talk to anyone besides the person they're bonded to? All of the NPC creatures (Niles and Ancients aside) that we have met have (unless I'm missing someone) been silent, but Fenris does refer to Delilah "telling" him things that he couldn't have picked up on his own and that couldn't have been conveyed, through, say, pantomime. I know the old lore for the ligers (as per the Wiki) has them as being able to communicate, but that doesn't match what we saw with Balinu, who didn't seem that different from Vipen or Fiore in terms of intelligence.

(I guess I'm asking about rune dragons in particular, as I'm working on how Kyra (human) met Flare (rune dragon). If they rarely/never talk to people they aren't bonded to, I can hand-wave Flare being able to talk to Kyra ("You live as long as I have and you pick up a few tricks"). If they frequently talk to people they aren't bonded to, it makes no sense for Kyra to be surprised when Flare does just that.)

Excluding Ancients and Niles, the closest I can think of to canonical evidence of any creature being able to speak is Muzu cawing "what sounds like 'Find find -- Seek seek' in a playful manner" during the Alabaster City event. Tiddlywinks can speak, as can other hypothetical Messenger Runes like her, but this is unique to that variety of Rune Dragon.

To what extent bonded creatures can communicate with their bonds isn't specified in canon. In the past there have been suggestions that some creatures (like you mentioned with the Ligers) might be able to communicate telepathically, but whether that still holds true is unknown. Whatever your headcanon for how your character/s and their bonded communicate, there's nothing to say that it can't be!~
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Mathcat » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:57 pm

My concern was that it was going to look rather silly having Kyra surprised that Flare could talk to her if all rune dragons could talk to people they weren't bonded to. If it's case-by-case or not at all, I can easily hand-wave that.

The quote from Fenrir that started me thinking about all this (relevant part bolded for emphasis):

Delilah is indeed my mal'rayi— my mother wolf. I call only her this since she adopted me as her pup back then after she… unfortunately lost her own to a complicated birth shortly before meeting me. She said she could never have pups again after that, but told me that Hubris granted her wish with another pup instead. She has looked after me as her ban’on ever since.
I'm not really here anymore, but I am still posting stories at https://archiveofourown.org/users/Mathcat2/pseuds/Mathcat2. I mainly write stories for Dragon Cave, MagiStream, and Forest of Mirrors, but I do have one Eldemore story.
Mathcat

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore Discussion