~Beaugro~ |Elemental Role Play| Semi-Lit

Post role plays centered around humanoid/human characters. Can be original or based off of movies, books, games, etc.

Re: ~Beaugro~ |Elemental Role Play| Semi-Lit

Postby 1.21 gigawatts » Sat May 16, 2015 4:53 pm

Anita Belle Gunthner
Feeling a presence push between her and Emmet, Snitw looked down to see a wolf separating them. Her mind was screaming his name. At another time she might have appreciated his gesture, but with the presence of Emmet and it being their first meeting, Ren couldn't have chosen a worse time. Emmet was not the person you wanted to mess with. Especially since a lion was a wee bit bigger than a wolf.

Anita's face was full of disbelief as she watched Ren wrap around her legs. Emmet's expression was a tad different. He wasn't impressed, giving off his own intimidation.

"My apologies," Emmet spoke up sarcastically. "I'm not too sure we've met before. Have I done something to offend you?" He was not impressed with the wolf's actions and was more than willing to take him on if a challenge presented itself.

The sight of eye flakes made Emmet stop. What was this guy? The eye flakes showed elemental but his current form suggested shifter. He couldn't have been a descendant of both. It was forbidden by both races. He couldn't figure out if he was a shifter or elemental so decided to just deal with his irritating personality.
1.21 gigawatts

Postby Oriel » Sun May 17, 2015 10:40 pm

Gale struggled with his instinct to drag Ren away from the lion. Baiting the big cat drew attention both to his odd form and to the telltale markers of elemental gift still glinting in his friend's eyes. Although he could raise a storm in their defense, such an outcome would reveal his presence to the entirety of the tribe and complicate any plan Anita had to resupply them and sneak away unnoticed. He didn't know much about the spirits or the other forces complicating their journey, but he was certain that they could not afford the time it would take to explain the situation.

He kept his eyes lowered deferentially and made a point of examining the ground near Owen's boots. Their odd physician had kept his silence throughout their travels through the village, pausing now and again only to check Jharna's location lest the rest of the group forget her.

-

Owen eyed Ren as if he was certain the prince had an unnatural wish to die. He was big enough in his canine form to distract a lion, even to offer resistance, but it was unlikely he'd win in the end. Feline tribal law would hold on their territory and Emmet, as Anita's betrothed, would be favored in any rulings.

Gale was miraculously quiet behind them.
Oriel

Postby Redsparrow » Mon May 25, 2015 11:24 pm

"As a matter of fact that is exactly what you have done Emily." Ren announced unflinching to the man's challenge.
"You are speaking to none other then the top ranking Canine agents who were sent here about the very plague you so rudely quested your queen about moments ago. Mind you such disrespect would result in execution in the Nobel Canine Tribe." Ren added with a snarl not breaking eye contact with Emmett.

It was well known that Wolfs held strict ranking systems, breaking chain of command was the highest form of disrespect and yields the penalty of death. This was in stark contrast to the more free spoken and free love way that Ren had been told was the Feline lifestyle.

"Time if of the essence between this plague and the ever approaching armies of King Ashmore, I have no intention of wasting our time speaking to men of you poor mannerism. Now if you don't mind we have important business to attend to." He dismissed Emmet with a flick of his tail before turning to Anita his eyes shown as he respectfully bowed. "My apologies Queen Gunthner, how rude of me to raise my voice in your presence please forgive me but I must insist we continue on."

--

Darth did his best to not laugh out loud when Ren began to weave some lie about the Caine Tribe. True they were no strangers to working with the Felines, they even had highly trained field agents but what kind of spy announces himself? He was able to hide the smirk but wondered if Ren had enough working knowledge of the tribe to keep the lie up.

---

Jharna followed the group quietly, a shadow noticed by only a few members of the group who from time to time checked on her. She watched as Ren took on the lion, but her mind was on strange vibe she was getting from the place. There was something powerful here, something she had never encountered before.

---
"We are going to die...... That makes us the lucky ones."
Redsparrow

Postby 1.21 gigawatts » Wed May 27, 2015 12:27 am

Anita Belle Gunthner
Anita stared in bewilderment as Ren continued talking to Emmet. His obvious threats to her fiancée were nothing short of a death wish. Her emotions were stuck between nervous and bursting out laughing. She couldn't imagine Ren, of all people, being an agent for the canine tribe.

Emmet, on the other hand, wasn't taking as kindly to his words. He began by correcting Ren's shot at his name, letting it pass by, but the deeper Ren got into his speech, the more agitated Emmet got. His tail began twitching back and forth, the usual sign he gives when he's hunting.

When Ren turned his attention to Anita, Emmet's head and hands started shifting to his lion form. The second Ren moved away from her, Anita put herself in front of her fiancée.

"[Calm down.]" she said sternly in her native tongue. "[Nothing will be solved with violence. Let him run his mouth. You are in your own tribe. Don't let others view your rage.]"

Emmet's body returned to normal and he tried protesting, acting like a little child, but Anita quickly shut him down.

"[Ugh.]" he grunted. "[Fine.]" As if remembering something, Emmet gently grabbed Anita's arms. "[There is something you need to know.]" Worry and pain filled his eyes as he stared into Anita's, making her worried as to what he was about to tell her. "[Come with me.]"

Emmet pulled Anita along. They didn't say anything to the group, but she hoped they followed, not sure what was about to unfold. They reached a familiar house from her childhood and Anita's breath caught in her throat. It was none other than the home of her family's closest friends. What was closed behind the doors frightened her.

Emmet lead Anita into the quaint home and the air hung heavy. Anita looked around, seeing nothing, until she heard the faint cry. Looking in the direction of the sobs, Anita saw a young girl huddled in a corner with her knees tucked close and her face red from crying.

"Caroline! " Anita announced, her voice filled with worry. "What's wrong?" she rushed over to Caroline and knelt down beside the small girl, holding her in her arms.

"Just this morning, her aunt and uncle were found right in their beds." Emmet explained for Caroline. "It was the disease."

"They're gone..." Caroline managed through sobs and repeated many times.

"I am so sorry Caroline. I am truly sorry." Anita gently stroked the girl's hair as she cried into her dress. Anita too had a hard time not crying as well. Those two people had been so kind to her her entire life and she hadn't even been there for them during their last days. But she knew crying wouldn't help Caroline. She just wanted to be there for the girl.

"But on a good...ish note," Emmet began. "There is someone that is still alive. Your....." Emmet was cut off by the door swinging open and a familiar, but displeasing to the ear, voice cut through the air.

Raylynne Lana Kelane
The trek through the tribe was painfully slow. She despised being around that many shifters for that long of time. She could barely stand the shifters inside Beaugro. The pestering little child that found her suitable for a playmate was absolutely disgusting. His thick fur coat was not normal and she shivered at the look of him.

At the approach of the male lion, Ray found him quite interesting. For a shifter that was. He was big, seemed strong, and his attitude she found amusing. Ren's little act towards him was hysterical. She imagined the fight between a tiny little wolf who was none other than Ren and the giant lion. Although the death of the prince inside the feline tribe would not go over well for anyone so she remained on guard in case Ren hit a sensitive spot in Emmet.

When the group filed into the house, Ray fell behind, waiting for everyone to disappear behind the door.

"I'm not a fan of tight spaces." She told anyone who looked at her strangely. Once the door closed, Ray looked around at the tribe before pulling up her hood and walking away.
1.21 gigawatts

Postby Manx » Sat May 30, 2015 6:34 pm

Shahar:
      {Though amusing, Ren's antics were beginning to prove themselves to be an unnecessary obstacle in an already precarious situation. Had Emmet possessed a bit less arrogance and a little more wit, perhaps he would have had the capability to see through Ren's deception. Time may have changed many aspects of her past, but it would seem Emmanuel's shortcomings were not among them. How Anita managed to stand his company for more than a few minutes was beyond her, although she suspected the will of the council had a hand in that...

The sound of her native tongue reached her ears, and Shahar refused to show any reaction as they spoke. Revealing her ability to speak the language flawlessly would hardly be an inconspicuous action, and as it was she was getting enough suspicious glances thrown her way. At least Emmet barely seemed to acknowledge her presence, leading Anita away and leaving the group to follow without question.

Taking advantage of the shift in attention, Shahar quietly slipped to Ren's side as they began to move once more, her steely emerald eyes flickering to the wolf's form.

"I would suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself for the remainder of our stay," Shahar spoke lowly, dry sarcasm lending a hard edge to her voice. "Not all will be fooled as easily as dear old Emmet, and I do not expect an incident here will end well."

Her warning delivered, Shahar did not allow him time to form a retort before she moved away, striding forward to distance herself from the prince. Without another word she followed closely behind Anita and Emmanuel, though an icy chill caressed her spine as she realized she recognized the place to which he was leading them. The quaint home was unmistakable, the home of their dear family friends, as well as so much more. They had been the very people to help care for the royal sisters in the weeks proceeding the elemental raid; particularly her, in those first days, when even Anita had been thought to be lost in the attack.

Ignoring the cold sweat that touched the back of her neck, Shahar slipped into the building just after Anita and Emmet, just catching Ray's explanation before she disappeared from sight. It was something she made a note to address after, but for now her attention was drawn to the single occupant in the room, a small, crying girl. Anita's cry of the girl's name confirmed her fears, and Shahar allowed her gaze to drop to hide the flash of pain that momentarily resided there. Caroline and had been little more than an infant when she had left the tribe, but her aunt and uncle... They had been good people.

The moment of grief disappeared just as quickly as it had come, and although Shahar still felt the hard lump that had formed in her throat, she knew the emotion had been wiped from her face. After all, she was hardly a stranger to death. Mourning would come in its own time, and for now, other issues, the issues of the still living, took precedence.

Seeking a distraction, Shahar's mind flickered to Ray's departure. Moving quietly to stand at Gale's side as Anita consoled the girl, she quietly cleared her throat once in order to loosen the tightness, before opening her mouth to voice her concerns.

"Perhaps we should-"

Fully intent on asking if they should send someone to ensure Ray behaved, Shahar was cut short when the last person she ever expected to see barged through the door.

"Rachel!" Edna rasped without hesitation as she hobbled through the open door, her voice nearly unintelligible with the hoarseness and her rough accent, and her cane held not to the ground but in front of her, like a blunted, wooden rapier.

It was an effort not to gasp as the old bob cat appeared, her coat in ragged mats, and her icy blue eyes tinged with a milky cataract. Even then Shahar could not prevent her breath from silently catching as her great-grandmother used her true name, a once familiar name now tinged with foreignness. Trapping Anita's stare with her own steely green one, she silently accused her sister of the lack of warning, swearing for a moment she could see a guilty twinge reflected in her sibling's eye.

"Where have you been?" Enda demanded, as she grew nearer, gesturing erratically with her cane so it passed dangerously close to Gale, and bumped sharply against Shahar's arm in the process. "Late every night for dinner in the past week! And where is Harvey- you were supposed to be taking care of him!" she added, accenting her final words with another jab of her cane, a gesture Shahar was only able to side step with the aid of habit.

Eyes narrowing as she focused on her sister once again, Shahar cleared her throat once before speaking lowly. "Perhaps you would care to introduce us?"

Elian:
      {The rumours of strange newcomers to the feline tribe seemed to dominate the market place that day.

Not that Elian thought much of it as he flitted between the various shops set up in the heart of the town. Though it had suffered much, the feline kingdom had rebuilt and begun to thrive over the years, and many seemed to believe that after the devastation of the raid, the elemental kingdom had simply turned a blind eye to the tribe. It seemed after that their town had become a safe haven of sorts for many a passing shifter, and wanderers often found themselves resupplying in their town. He supposed he understood their logic. After all, they had fared better than most other tribes; one needed only to look upon the equine tribe to understand that.
Manx

Postby 1.21 gigawatts » Sat May 30, 2015 7:13 pm

Anita Belle Gunthner
The sudden appearance of her great-grandmother made Anita shoot up from her position on the floor. The meeting of Emmet suddenly seemed much better than her grannie barging in when there was still people around who didn't know who Shahar was. It didn't matter who was on the topic, Edna would always blurt out names even if that person was dead. Or supposed to be. She didn't know if they were or not.

With quick thinking on her side, Anita walked forward, with Caroline clinging to her waist, and clasped her hands onto Edna in hopes of keeping her from turning her cane into a weapon. It wouldn't be the first time that happened either.

"My apologies." She began, pulling her grannie away from Shahar. "Everyone, this is my grannie, Edna. Her memory is not as it once was so she mistakes many for my deceased sister. Harvey is also her deceased cat. Please excuse her rude behaviour." Anita hoped she had done enough to fool Emmet for now. It didn't take much to do that.

"Grannie, this is not Rachel. She is a traveller. Rachel is dead."

At the mention of Rachel's name, Emmet immediately looked over at the accused girl. She did resemble Anita in many ways and the way she held herself reminded him of the young girl he used to know. But how could that be? He watched Rachel drown. He even helped in the search for her body. There was no sign of the young girl.

When Anita mentioned Edna's dementia, Emmet shook the thought out of his mind. Of course. The poor woman couldn't remember the loss of her great-granddaughter. Although, she never really mistook others for the dead princess.

"Um." Emmet began. "Edna's never mistook others for Rachel."

"Yes she has," Anita immediately replied. "At least when I have been around her she has."

Emmet opened his mouth as if to say something but closed it before he said anything. He couldn't argue that. He never saw it so maybe Anita had. He wasn't around the old woman much anyways.

Raylynne Lana Kelane
Walking through the streets of the feline tribe, Ray kept her head down, looking at the ground in front of her feet. Even though she had covered up her birth mark, the flakes in her eyes still shined brightly and seeing a lone elemental wandering the streets would be sure to cause a panic. Her hands were shoved into the pockets of the cloak Anita had given her and her thick, braided white hair fell out the side of the hood.

Reaching the market place, many people scuttled around her and Ray lifted her head to look at the faces. The people who noticed her simply bowed their heads or smiled. Disgusting. Spotting a familiar tail sticking out from underneath some clothes, Ray approached the person and recognized him as none other than Elian. When she walked up beside him, she kept her hood up and looked at a random item at the stall he was at.

"Interesting weather we've been having," she introduced. "I can tell the wind will be changing directions soon." It was the one introduction the two used very often. Her hood rested back on her head a little, letting her face show slightly but her most notable feature, her hair, was clearly visible.
1.21 gigawatts

Postby Manx » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:28 am

Shahar:
      {The oldest living member of the feline tribe and the only one to realize her identity without hesitation; Shahar didn't know whether she should be impressed or aghast.

Raising a single eyebrow as she appraised Emmet's reaction, she was confident enough that he was still unaware of who she was. Suspicious, perhaps, but that they could deal with. Edna on the other hand, seemed far from impressed by Anita's attempt at an explanation.

Batting Anita's hand with a scowl, the old bobcat her milky blue eyes fixed on her with a glare. "Now, now, Anita," she rasped stubbornly. "Don't be rude to your sister."

Only then did the old woman's eyes sweep past Shahar, settling on Gale and the others as though she had not previously noticed their presence. One by one her eyes wandered over their strange little group, finally resting on Gale for a moment longer.

"You remind me of my husband," Edna announced without another word of explanation, beginning then to shuffle back towards the open door. Under her breath she muttered in the feline tongue, and Shahar was certain several of those phrases contained the name "Harvey."

With her great grandmother's interest in their group fading just as quickly as it had began, Shahar took a moment to once again focus on the task at hand. Though the sight of Caroline clinging desperately to Anita still stirred feelings of loss, Shahar forced upon herself the detached calm she had become familiar with over the years. Duty came before all else, and while she knew she would have to deal with it later on, for now the habitual sensation offered some relief.

"Your majesty," Shahar began, addressing Anita formally. "While I do offer my condolences for this unfortunate event, I must insist that we go on our way soon. Our task is an important one and there is still much to be done. Time is not on our side."

Elian:
      {Paying little attention to the many milling around him, the hooded woman sidling to his side and the low words she spoke were very nearly enough to make Elian jump out of his skin. Whirling around to face the woman, unable to completely hide his surprise, Elian gaped at her for a moment before struggling to respond.

"Ray," he breathed nervously. "How are- What are you doing here?"

Normally there was some warning, a letter, a spoken message, something. She never appeared out of the blue, and certainly never in the dead centre of the feline tribe.

"Ah," Elian cleared his throat as he realized his lost composure, sharp eyes flitting to those surrounding them. No one seemed to have noticed his sudden agitation, or at least, no one showed any signs of it.

"Certainly is," he continued carefully. "Would you say it will be blowing north?"
Manx

Postby 1.21 gigawatts » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:34 pm

Anita Belle Gunthner
Sighing in defeat with her grandmother's reluctance to accept her explanation, Anita scanned the group, trying to avoid eye contact with Emmet. She tried hold back a smirk but failed miserably when Edna related her husband to Gale. Oh the stories they heard over the years. She had never actually met her great-grandfather, as he died before they ever met, but she had heard many stories about him from Edna. Most didn't draw a very good picture for the poor man.

Shahar's voice cut between Anita's thoughts and brought her back to the task at hand. Of course. They were on a tight schedule and needed to find the weapons before the King gets restless and decides to embark on the mission himself. That would be a big problem.

"Of course." She replied. "Everyone, let us talk further outside." She ushered everyone out of the house before her arm was grabbed. Spinning her head around, she came face-to-face with Emmet. His stare was stern and his face was so close.

"What is this about an important task. Have you failed to mention your true intentions with this strange group?" His voice was so unusual. It almost frightened Anita to see Emmet so fierce.

Regaining her composure, Anita spoke with certainty. "I did not want to mention anything around the people," she began. Looking around to make sure no one remained in the house, Anita began to speak her goals. "While I was in Calf Cree Inn, I overheard talk about the elementals and their search for weapons of some sort. They said they lie within the ruins of an abandoned castle located near the feline tribe. I intend to reach those weapons before them and gathered this group together to search for them. It may decide our fate." Letting that sink into Emmet's mind, Anita stared into his eyes, trying to read his thoughts.

"Very well." Emmet said after a moments pause. "Let me come with you. I can help."

"No. I need you to stay here and protect the tribe. There is no telling when the elementals will come barging in in search of these weapons." The tone in her voice made that statement final.

Knowing he wouldn't win that argument, Emmet sighed. "Fine. How can I help you for your departure?"

"You can feed me everything you know about these weapons and their whereabouts. Anything to help us find them faster."

"I have been hearing talk about some sort of myth about weapons. With the outbreak of the disease people have been looking for answers. I would ask around the tribe. There may even be some books containing more information."

Anita let that sink into her mind. "Thank you." Without another word, Anita walked outside, leaving Emmet alone in the house. Once she rejoined the group outside, she informed them on what Emmet told her.

"If we want to find more on the whereabouts of the ruins, we should ask the villagers and read some books in the library. I will talk to the villagers if the rest of you will search the library." Anita lifted Caroline into her arms before looking around the group. "And Darth. Would you mind finding Ray. It seems as though she has wandered off and that might not be the best at this time."

Raylynne Lana Kelane
Ray rolled her eyes in annoyance as Elian freaked out about her appearance. Really he should know better. Why did she even use that guy.

"For now it seems as though it will lie low. But there is little doubt things will head North. Perfect day for a little stroll wouldn't you say?"
1.21 gigawatts

Postby Redsparrow » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:51 pm

Darth watched as Ray excused herself and wondered off. After taking one peek into the make shift house he knew he wanted nothing to do with the sobbing girl or the drama that the group was doubtless to become tangled in.

Lingering away from the party he was relived when Anita suggested to do the very thing he had been about to do, find Ray. With a nod in her direction he turned heal and headed for the heart of the feline tribe, his wolf sense of smell leading him to her location. It was convenient for him, giving him a break from the group and a chance to purchase any supplies he felt were lacking.

He had been hired to escort and aide Ray, though she seemed little interested in his abilities. He had begun to pass her off as the kind who was to suborn to know when to ask for help and two self-righteous to accept help from a shifter. Either way he would be paid for her safe return to Beaugro.

Picking his way down a hill he found an empty path that was sure to lead to the market, and began to work his way slowly along it. Taking his time as he went for losing the group was of no concern to him, it would take but a day and a good wind for him to track them down.

--
Jharna’s curiosity had over taken her fear. Shifting into a white rabbit she darted unnoticed by most after Ray, soon becoming lost in the market while trying to track her friend. Her white form cowered under unaware feet before ducking under a nearby merchant’s table.

--

Ren stewed over Shahar’s comment, hanging back to shoot Gale a disapproving glance.

The reason behind Emmet’s concern was soon revealed to the group. It left Ren torn over feeling bad or indifferent to the girl’s loss. He knew well what it was like to lose family, but to extend those kinds of emotions to a shifter? Yet here he was, locked as a wolf with the cure to this disease tucked away in his coat pocket.

He didn’t have time to dwell on the moment for long when an older women barraged in. He could see the resemblance between the feline royalty and their grandmother even before the women confirmed relation. A women of her age was sure to know where to find Snowden’s ruins, that was if her mind was sound enough to recall. His concern lied little with the believability of Anita’s lie to Emmet, as far as he was concerned Emmet could easily be disposed of if he became a problem.
"We are going to die...... That makes us the lucky ones."
Redsparrow

Postby Manx » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:46 pm

Shahar:
      {Giving a short nod at Anita's response, Shahar made her way outside without further prompting. Escaping the familiar house fetched more relief than she expected, and her increased concentration brought her main goal into ever clearer focus. It was quite simple; find the required information and leave before anyone managed to stir up more trouble than was necessary.

Barely able to curb her desire to pace, Shahar restlessly waited for her sister to rejoin them. When at last she did, she wasted no further time in addressing her.

"We could certainly do that," Shahar replied with another curt nod, "Though, perhaps Ren should also accompany you? I am not sure how much use we would have of him in a library, given his current condition."

Elian:
      {"O-of course," Elian stammered at Ray's request, following her as she moved to part a way through the crowd. Despite his attempts to subdue his nervousness, her sudden appearance had effectively sent his mind reeling.

Though it was far from easy, he managed to refrain from asking until they were far enough out of earshot. Only then did he whirl in front of her, bringing them to a halt.

"Raylynne," Elian hissed, though his voice was laced with a note of pleading, "what are you doing here? I haven't heard from you or anyone else in weeks, and you've actually come here- to the middle of the feline tribe?"
Manx

PreviousNext

Return to Human Fantasy or Fandom-Based RP's