Eldsona Creation Station

Share your stories and written works here. Keep all writing user friendly.

Bonded Vote: How does the Dire Wolf Help our Character?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:29 am

Darak'i Deserts
No votes
The Celtlands
No votes
The Norlands
No votes
Alabaster City
No votes
Silverport
No votes
Faldurin's Reach
No votes
The Oriental Isles
100%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 1

Re: Eldsona Creation Station

Postby Scar » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:37 pm

I think you have a well-balanced plan here. ^^
So on my part, I agree with this plan of action on deciphering what are lovely Wolfkin shall obtain pet-wise. :3
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
text text text text text text t
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

text text text text text text t
✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Silverhart » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:36 am

What Sort of Pets Does our Wolfkin Eldsona Travel with?
    Jul 24 2016 - Jul 28 2016

• Magically Bonded to One Creature (Direwolf)
    7 votes
    54%
  • Blood Bonded to One Creature
    0 votes
  • Companion to One Creature
    4 votes
    31%
  • Companion to More then One Creature
    2 votes
    15%

Total votes : 13

The votes are in! XD So, since our character was voted to have a magical bond, we can skip the species voting and go straight to picking out our Dire Wolf!

If you missed it, I explain what we're doing on the previous page. This is something of a blind vote to narrow down the choices of Dire wolf litters to choose from. Choose carefully now! Or don't - because you don't know which Dires you'll find down which path! XP
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:54 pm

Results are in! ^^ Sorry for the delay!

Bonded Vote: Which Path does our Eldsona Take?
    Jul 28 2016 - Aug 02 2016

• The rich scent of plowed earth fills our character's nostrils, as he roams the Farmlands one warm morning looking for work. Ahead, golden wheat rustles as something moves through the tall blades, catching his attention...
    3 votes
    60%
  • The Dark Forest looms before our character, ominous black pines, as rigid as the guards outside Alabaster glare you down. The path of adventure and danger call to our character. There's no telling what vicious beasts may lurk in the shadows here...
    1 vote
    20%
  • The cold and snow bite at our character's nose, as he finds himself facing the Mountain Pass. As he makes his way through the snow-scape an eerie howl pierces the wind and makes him freeze...
    0 votes
  • The hustle and bustle of the City is where our character finds himself today. He is intrigued by the many colorful scents and sights. So many people and creatures in one place! But one in particular catches his eye...
    0 votes
  • The home of his ancestors, the Desert may seem barren to some, but to our character it is a place of wonder and beauty, full of highly adapted animals. On a pilgrimage here he may even find such a creature...
    0 votes
  • Our character finds himself in a peaceful Glade, and decides to rest for a moment. He lays in the grass, smiling up at the sun and buzzing bees, when suddenly a sound strikes his ear. He is not alone...
    1 vote
    20%
  • The Ocean sings in the blood of our character, and he forsakes the other roads to take the treacherous path down to the shore to collect seashells. But on the way he may run into an unlikely friend...
    0 votes

Total votes : 5

So we chose the Farmlands Path for our Character! He's come across several different types of Dires in the Farmlands which we'll get to choose from for his bonded! Here they are!

• Collie Dire Wolves by RainbowFinch
  • Pastel Dire Wolves by RainbowFinch
  • Paintspot Dire Wolves by Jendalie
  • Citrus Dire Wolves by alliegator
  • Nomadic Dire Wolves by RainbowFinch
  • Geosepia Dire Wolves by KittyCatKita

(Wow! So many RainbowFinch Dires - didn't even realize, that! XD)

And if you don't feel like looking them up, I've complied them all into a single group so you can compare the litters:

Apologies again for the delay. It's been very busy, and I'm gonna be honest - I might be a bit slow on the next few polls. But hope you're all still having fun! ^^
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:53 am

Whoo! Results!

Bonded Vote: Which Litter Should we Choose From?
    Aug 02 2016 - Aug 08 2016

• Collie Dire Wolves by RainbowFinch
    0 votes
  • Pastel Dire Wolves by RainbowFinch
    0 votes
  • Paintspot Dire Wolves by Jendalie
    0 votes
  • Citrus Dire Wolves by alliegator
    0 votes
  • Nomadic Dire Wolves by RainbowFinch
    3 votes
    100%
  • Geosepia Dire Wolves by KittyCatKita
    0 votes

Total votes : 3

Again, sorry for the delay. Family matters and Event hype have proved very distracting as of late. ^^

But Nomadic Dires win! Huzzah!

Now to choose which one will be our Eldsona's bonded...
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:38 am

And we have a Three Way Tie! XD

Bonded Vote: Which Dire Wolf Should our Eldsona Choose?
    Aug 10 2016 - Aug 14 2016

• This dire wolf comes bounding out of the wheat to greet our Eldsona, tails wagging brazenly. It seems there's no adventure this Dire isn't up for!
    1 vote
    14%
  • This dire wolf approaches out Eldsona politely, giving him a cursory sniff before letting the wolfkin pet them. This one seems to be quite the attention seeker.
    2 votes
    29%
  • The barking of this dire wolf makes our Eldsona look up sharply. The loud dire wolf frolics around the path, enticing our Eldsona to come and play!
    2 votes
    29%
  • This dire wolf lifts it's head up and studies our Eldsona. With a yawn they roll over and seem to go back to sleep, but when our Eldsona approaches the tails start thumping steadily.
    2 votes
    29%

Total votes : 7

So what I did was assign all four dires a number at random. Then I eliminated the first one, and chose a number at random, and this is what we got:

*dramatic drumroll*

Ta Da!

(By the way - for anyone curious, this one was option number four - the sleepy one. XP)

Next vote is fairly straightforward. XP What is the sex of this lovely Dire?
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:56 am

Bonded Vote: What is our Bonded's Sex?

Aug 14 2016 - Aug 17 2016

• Female
    4 votes
    100%
  • Male
    0 votes

Total votes : 4

Wow! XD Those are some very conclusive results! So we have a female dire wolf bonded to our Eldsona.

So what's next? Well, it's time to decide when our Eldsona met his bonded!
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:28 pm

Bonded Vote: When did our Character meet their Bonded?

Aug 17 2016 - Aug 20 2016

• In their childhood
    0 votes
  • In their youth
    2 votes
    50%
  • In their young adulthood
    1 vote
    25%
  • Recently
    1 vote
    25%

Total votes : 4

The Results are in! And wow, you know what? For once I didn't plan ahead for the next vote. XD So we're gonna vote on age next, but for the next poll, I figured - why not let you guys tell me what sort of questions you want to put to our Eldsona's Bonded? Do you want to know about her personality? Her history? What sort of magic or skills she has? The nature of her relationship with her Bondmate? Leave me a few questions or your general thoughts in the thread, and we'll see if we can't answer them! Figured you guys might have a bit more fun with that. ^^
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:03 am

Bonded Vote: How Old is Our Characters Dire Wolf?

Aug 20 2016 - Aug 23 2016

• Same age as our Eldsona
    0 votes
  • Adult
    1 vote
    33%
  • Elder
    2 votes
    67%

Total votes : 3

Whoo! So no one told me what sort of questions they had for our dire wolf, so, you're just getting a simple personality poll. XP You can pick up to three personality traits for our dire wolf and the top three or four will make up their personality. I'm sure there's a better way to do a vote like this, and I'd love to hear suggestions on them if anyone has any ideas.
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby scmarshtacky » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:10 am

In answer to the previous post, maybe we could do something with history to develop the Wolfkin's and Dire's backstory together? Perhaps something like, under what circumstance did they meet and/or bond? (eg, forced together by a third party, dire wolf rescued the Wolfkin from some sort of danger, met casually on the street, etc, etc... Or perhaps they met, spent some time together and then bonded later on?)

It doesn't have to be specific, but perhaps a broad generalization that could possibly be fleshed out more in the future? Just a random idea. XP

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Postby Silverhart » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:43 am

That's a good idea scmar! ^^ We'll have that be the next poll!

Bonded Vote: Choose a few Personailty Traits for Our Direwolf!

Aug 24 2016 - Aug 29 2016

• Extroverted
    2 votes
    10%
  • Introverted
    4 votes
    19%
  • Adventurous
    1 vote
    5%
  • Laid back
    2 votes
    10%
  • Affectionate
    4 votes
    19%
  • Independent
    1 votes
    5%
  • Loyal
    6 votes
    29%
  • Aloof
    0 votes
  • Trusting
    1 vote
    5%
  • Suspicious
    0 votes

Total votes : 21

Woo! So we have her personality. She is Loyal, Affectionate, and Introverted. ^^ She sounds like a really nice direwolf.

We're going with scmar's suggestion next, and I'm happy to hear more if you guys have any. I tried to keep the options general, but also interesting. I'm sure there's more ideas out there, but hopefully these options cover a wide enough array of story scenarios. Maybe one day I'll ask you guys to help come up with a more fleshed out backstory based on the winning vote here.
Hellooo!
Silverhart

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Writing