A Wild Griffin Chase (1x1 Scyanatha & Silverhart)

Post forms specifically made for either 1x1's or private group role plays. Can include anything from animals, humans to fantasy based role plays. These can be based off of movies, books, or games.

A Wild Griffin Chase (1x1 Scyanatha & Silverhart)

Postby Scyanatha » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:12 pm

A grand adventure, with plenty of room for hilarity and disaster!

Far, far away in the Skyrealms, an Avian scout is sent on a mission to the mainland of Eldemore, to find and capture wild Griffins which should bring some variety in the gene pool of their domesticated Skyrealm griffins. The mission accepted, the lone scout departs from the floating islands where his kind resides and makes his descent to the Oriental Isles...
-------------
In the meanwhile, an Avian warrior is asked for a favor by his friend: to find "a friend" and deliver a message to them somewhere in Eldemore - all they know is that he's not in the Skyrealms. Hearing that this "friend" might be a pirate, the warrior is not about to let the chance at adventure be taken from him! Despite his lack of knowledge about the Eldemorian mainland, the quest and message are accepted and he descends into the unknown.

Where and how will the two meet? Will the Scout find the Griffins he's looking for? And will the Warrior find this mysterious "friend"?
Tune in on Ventula, channel 7, every sixth day of Lunaria!

Starring:
"Avian Warrior": Boomer (Silverhart)
"Avian Scout": Romios Garrulus (Scyanatha)
"Exiled Avian Pirate Watch Crow": Unknown
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Re: A Wild Griffin Chase (1x1 Scyanatha & Silverhart)

Postby Silverhart » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:00 am

Boomer leaned low over the back of his griffin. Cupid fluttered his wings to slow his descent, as the chill air whistled past griffin and avian. The dense wetness of cloud cover engulfed them, blocking Boomer's sight. He opened his mouth to taste the fluffy puffs, but to his dismay they did not taste of candy floss and taffy. They just tasted wet, and slightly cold.

"Well, that's a bit of a disappointment," Boomer muttered, as he leaned across Cupid's barred feathers, wrapping his own wings across his back to fend off the damp. The Prairie Chicken gave a low cackle, as if to ask what Boomer expected? The griffin folded his wings and they dropped like a pair of stones, punching through the cloud cover and emerging in a burst of water droplets. The avian shook his feathers like a dire wolf, prompting an annoyed whoop from Cupid. "Sorry 'bout that bud."

As Cupid spiraled down on a warm air current, Boomer reached under his buckskin cape to feel for the soft vellum scroll, with the 'super-important-urgent-seriously-don't-screw-this-up-Boomer' message. The Greater Prairie Chicken avian had swelled with pride when he'd been handed the super-important scroll - literally, his neck sacs had inflated to a disturbing degree when he'd accepted it. He'd never been asked to complete such a task by anyone before - not one so exciting as this! To leave the Skyrealms and descend to the Below-World, where creatures walked instead of flew. Where there were savage cannibals, ruthless pirates, and deadly dragons - and deadly, savage ruthless cannibal dragon pirates! Just waiting to ambush him and roast him for dinner.

Oh, it was all so exciting! He'd neglected to mention that he'd never actually visited the mainland of Eldemore to the Captain of his patrol when he'd ask for permission to go on a solo scouting venture. Typically only the most proven and experienced of warriors got to go down to the mainland below - so Boomer figured he must've done something to really impress his Captain.

'Or it might have had something to do with the fact that she doesn't want you competing in the Team Games this year,' Cupid thrummed at him.

"Don't be stupid, Cupid. I practically carry the whole team." Cupid snorted, calling to mind the time Boomer had tripped over his feet, slammed his face into a pole, and had to be carried off the battlefield. Before his opponent had even swung his sword.

"Don't know who puts a feather-pluckin' pole in the middle of a field, and calls that a good idea." Brightening, he leaned over Cupid's back and pointed at the ground far below. Or rather, the lack of it. The ocean spread out below them like a sheet of glass. "Think we'll meet any cannibals, Cupid?" The griffin rolled his eyes at his bonded's excitement, as he turned toward a smudge on the horizon that quickly turned into land.

(Long opening post is long. XP I always get a bit wordy with introductions. Still getting a feel for Boomer and his griffin. ^^)

Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Scyanatha » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:02 am

[[ No worries! I like to read long posts, and your post had me laughing my butt off. Boomer and Cupid are so adorable! ]]

His own wings tucked firmly against his back, Romios tightly held on to his griffin when the sky lion folded his wings, plummeting through a thin cover of clouds. For a moment, white was all he could see, but then the glittering ocean came into view far below him while his mount spread his wings, drastically slowing their descent.

"Ah! It's always such a delight to see the sparkling ocean. But nothing beats the beauty of your wings, not when adorned by silver droplets, Sylph." Sylph did not seem amused by this flattery; the griffin beat the air with his wings, speeding up and getting rid of the remaining water droplets at once.
I wish you would stop treating me like one of those Noble sons you seem to fancy so much, sounded the sky lion's response. Romios chuckled softly, evidently not feeling the slightest remorse. Spotting a chain of islands to their right, they turned sharply, still flying higher than any other bird as they approached solid ground.

As the islands slowly grew closer, Romios contemplated the events of the day before. He had been given a mission to hunt for griffins, which wasn't unusual; the griffin breeders needed some new blood once in a while to keep the breed healthy, or to breed even stronger and faster griffins. What was unusual was that they sent him to the Deep Lands just to find a few griffins.
He had been there before on earlier missions, always making sure to remain undetected by the ground folk while he was to collect information and deliver a few messages, but he couldn't fathom what breed of griffins might be hiding in the Deep Lands that would be worth the effort of convincing at least one to follow him on the long and tedious climb back to the Skyrealms. Sighing, he shook his head. "You got any ideas, Sylph?"
The dark silver-coloured griffin only shrugged, barely perceptible through the steady beat of his wings. No clue. Now, would you stop those idle thoughts of yours for a moment and tell me where you want to land, before any ashlings see us?
"But of course, sweetheart," the Jay Avian teased Sylph before surveying the scenery before them. "I think those cliffs over there would be a good place to start looking, don't you agree?"

[[ This took me far too long to type up, but I'm still trying to get the hang of Romios and Sylph as well. x) ]]
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Silverhart » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:25 am

Cupid swept low over the ocean spray, bouncing on the warm currents like a ungainly fledgling. Boomer shuffled in his pack as they approached the landmass, pulling out a roughly drawn map, and unfolding it... and unfolding it, and unfolding it.

'Boomer, stop shifting!' Cupid scolded, his short wings pumping furiously as he fought the buffeting sea winds. The griffin huffed to himself - what did Boomer think he was? Some sort of albatross? Boomer seemed not to have heard, turning the map one way, and then the other, before plopping it down on the only available surface - Cupid's head.

"Lets see," the avian mused, tapping his feathered chin in deep thought, as the map flopped over Cupid's eyes. The griffin gave a disgruntled puff of air to push it aside. It only flopped back again. "Hmm... according to this map... those are... the Bastion Mountains." He tapped the map meaningfully.

'Are you sure?' Cupid inquired. 'I thought they'd be taller. And, not in the ocean.'

"Is that ocean?" Boomer brought the map to his nose for closer study. Cupid struggled to rise above the brown cliffs as they neared. The ocean below rushed in to crash along the shore, filling the air with it's roar, and wrecking havoc on the air currents above it. Cupid panted as he crested the cliffs, and drifted into a updraft to rest. As the griffin regained his composure, and Boomer flipped the map over, a dark smudge on the sky above caught Cupid's attention. Feeling his bondmate go alert Boomer looked up to track his gaze.

"Oh look! A welcoming committee!" Boomer proclaimed. Quickly he shoved the map back into his pack, without bothering to fold it up again. In it's place, he drew his short staff. The avian spun the weapon in his hand. "Let's go see if they're cannibals, Cupid!" With a booming whoop, avian and griffin beat upwards towards the dark figure above.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby Scyanatha » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:50 pm

[[ I'm not sure who or what that "dark figure" is, so I'm going to assume that it might as well be a bird or a wild griffin, or even something else entirely - but I'll keep in mind the possibility of it actually being Romios. xD
Also... how do Avians sit on chairs, I wonder? Wolfkin have it easy, their tails are supple, but I imagine Avian tails pose much more of a challenge with sitting down. ]]

As Gryphon and Rider reached the forest-covered cliffs and descended towards the trees, Romios unfolded his wings, bright patches of blue contrasting starkly with the black-and-white and dull russet that made up the rest of his feathers, lifting himself off of Sylph's back to allow them both easier descent between the trees. Picking out a comfortable-looking tree with thick branches where he dumped his pack, the Avian nodded to his four-legged friend.
"Sylph?"
The dark lion gryphon gave him a sideways look, as if to say that he was listening. Romios smiled softly before he continued on, not teasing his friend this time.
"Go ahead and hunt, you've deserved it. Let me know if you see any wild kin, alright?"
Sylph nodded his head. I will. Enjoy yourself. The large sky lion leaped away, into the forest and soon out of view, wings tucked firmly against his body; he was grateful for the opportunity to stretch his legs. Not bearing any mark save for a russet string with a handful of bright blue stone beads wrapped and tied around one of his front legs, he would easily be mistaken for a wild griffin by the less observant people, and those who noticed the bracelet would think nothing of it - from what Romios had heard, some ashlings did share a bond with a griffin, or keep one as a companion, after all.

Watching his four-legged friend disappear from view, Romios smiled wearily and stretched himself before picking up his pack once again, leaping up into the tree he had chosen. Jumping from branch to branch, he climbed as high as possible before settling his pack against the tree trunk on the highest branch that could still bear his weight. With the ease of someone who has been climbing trees his entire life, he settled down on the branch, producing some food from his pack and making himself comfortable, although he still kept watch of his surroundings with a keen eye.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Silverhart » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:37 pm

(I assumed it could be Romios and Sylph. I like the idea that it might just be Sylph on his own out hunting though. Or maybe a wild griffin Boomer can chase towards them? I think either would be interesting.
    And that is honestly a great question. Maybe they sit on them sideways?
    Personally, I'm more interested in how they put on shirts. XP

Cupid pumped his wings and rose towards the dark creature, whooping a battle cry, which Boomer added to. In Boomer's mind they rose like a mythical phoenix from the ashes, hurtling toward their quarry like a falcon griffin on it's prey. In actuality they rose like a fluttering chicken, and bungled through the sky after the dark shape.

Flying closer, Boomer could see that it was a griffin. Riderless and alone, it beat it's great wings against the air, buffeting Cupid and Boomer. Cupid snorted and drifted lower.

“Look at that! They have griffins here!” Boomer exclaimed. Of course he knew griffins lived on the mainland, he just never really considered it before now. “Do you think they're a cannibal?”

Cupid snorted, and rolled his eyes. 'I don't know, Boomer. Maybe I should ask them?'

“Can you?”

But the griffin was already diving towards them. With a squawk, Cupid flared out his wings and scrambled to get out of the way in time, the wind fighting against him.

(*cough* Lame reply is lame. Sorry. ^^ )
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Scyanatha » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Or any clothes at all, for that matter. Though I do assume that all of their clothes have special slits for their wings and tails if necessary.
And I'll go with the idea that it's Sylph out on his hunt~! ^^

Leaving Romios to his own lunch, Sylph soon caught a few jackalopes, stilling his own hunger with the large rodents. They seemed rather plentiful in the area, and not very alert; it seemed that there were no other griffins in this area, and probably no direwolves either. The large griffin shrugged to himself - he would tell Romios and they would look for other hunting grounds.
Feeling a bit thirsty, Sylph soon decided to take to the air. If there was a stream nearby, he would have more chance finding it from the air than from between the trees. Noticing a small clearing a little ways away, he leaped towards it, unfurling his great wings and taking to the air just as he entered the clearing. With a few beats of his strong wings, he rose above the trees, slowly circling higher once his wings found a current of warm air. He figured that the edge of the cliff would be as good a place as any to find drinkable water, and set course in the direction of the sea once again.

Flying high as he followed the edge of the cliffs, just on his way back to Romios after having found a small stream, he spotted movement somewhere below him. It seemed like a Griffin and Rider flying - no, fluttering - up towards him. For a moment, he tried to ignore them, until he heard the battle cry and then their excited exclamations. He sighed inwardly; that rider sounded like an overexcited child, even if he looked like a grown warrior.
Beating his strong wings forward, he made a somersault, pinning his wings against his body and diving towards the Chicken Griffin and his rider - which, similarly, seemed to be a sort of chicken avian. Seeing the startled expressions on their faces as the griffin tried to scramble out of the way, he spread his own wings and firmly beat them, stopping his descent just before he would've reached them and buffeting his pursuers with a strong wind. Not saying a word, he turned his tail to the two, gliding down to the small opening between the trees where he and Romios had landed not too long ago and diving between the trees. Glancing at the branch where Romios seemed to have settled himself, Sylph alighted on a lower and wider branch, making himself comfortable, his tail gently swaying as he dangled it down from the branch.
"Found anything, sweetie?" Romios' voice was soft, but loud enough for the dark griffin to hear its teasing tone. Sylph huffed as he indicated that the answer was negative.
Everything's far too easy to catch. We won't find any kin here, except the pair that may or may not come falling out of the sky soon.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Silverhart » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:31 pm

Cupid scrabbled to right himself as the large dark griffin's wings sent him careening backwards, barely having avoided a collision. He boomed in annoyance at the other griffin, turned tail and glided away easily. 'Aye! Run you coward!' Cupid huffed.

"After him Cupid! We'll show him who the master of the skies is!" The prairie chicken griffin didn't need to be told twice. He tucked his wings in close and dove after the dark form as it descended towards the trees. "Hiding in the trees huh?" Boomer tightened his grip on his short staff. He was a very clever griffin using the trees as shelter - considering how poorly prairie chickens were at navigating in trees.

With twin booming battles cry they dropped beneath the canopy. Punching through the branches, they descended in a hail of leaves and twigs. Cupid paid no heed to them. His focus was entirely narrowed on his target, the dark griffin perching on the branch. He didn't slow down as he neared his quarry.

With a whoop from Boomer, the prairie chicken griffin slammed down onto the branch. There was a loud crack, and the branch swayed wildly for a moment while Cupid tried to regain his balance. Then with a snap, it broke, and griffin in rider plummeted to the ground. They landed in a burst of dirt and leaves, and went tumbling across the ground before skidding to a stop.

"Ow..."
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Scyanatha » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:26 pm

Romios was just about to ask Sylph what he meant when a ball of brown feathers burst through the leaf canopy much like a falling brick, landing right in front of Sylph's beak with a loud thud and an ominous crack.
Spreading his wings wide and digging his claws into the bark of the now wildly swinging branch to keep his balance, Sylph watched as the wood started to splinter not far from his claws until the branch snapped in half, sending the pair of prairie chickens - griffin and avian - tumbling to the ground below. Ruffling his feathers, the dark sky lion folded his wings again as he settled back down.

'A shame. This was such a fine branch.' Having sensed the question his bonded had wanted to ask him before the rather rude interruption, he nonchalantly answered the unspoken question. 'I meant those fools, of course. No idea where they came from.'
Romios chuckled softly, looking down towards the dirt- and leaf-covered brown Avian and his griffin on the ground below. "Oh, look what we have here." Eyeing the Avian's and Griffin's colouration for a moment, he decided it was not someone he had met before. "Did Lord Haliastur send you to retrieve me?" he questioned the newcomers, caution giving a slight edge to his otherwise pleasant voice.
Jumping down from his perch high up in the tree, Romios landed smoothly on top of a large moss-covered rock that lay at the foot of the tree, his hands resting on his hips as he cocked his head and examined the avian and griffin who had so unceremoniously come falling from the sky. "Definitely not one from Haliastur or Melierax..." he muttered softly to himself, trying to determine to which House the bulky Avian belonged. "Not from House Circus either. At least he seems to be a Warrior... though sometimes one really can't tell." Noting the neck sacs, he silently contemplated a few of the more unlikely Warrior Houses, but soon gave up - there were just too many Houses to know them all. Then, recalling the loud, booming shout he had heard, he realized. "Surely not them..."
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Silverhart » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:25 pm

'You're sitting my wing!' Cupid snapped angrily.

"Did we get him?" Boomer looked around eagerly, but only saw the shattered branch crushed beneath his griffin, who was struggling to get out from under him. He held up his staff and twisted around expecting a rear attack. It was then he noticed that he'd lost his staff in the fall, and his hand was empty. He looked at it blankly, then around the ground. "Cupid, did you see where my staff went?"

'Get off!' With an impatient huff Cupid pulled his wing free, sending his bondmate tumbling head over tailfeathers onto his back. Boomer started up into the leafy tree cover. A dark griffin on a broken branch stared down at him, and above him, another face.

"Found them!" he cried, to no one in particular, although Cupid seemed to be the intended target. The prairie chicken griffin snorted from where he had plopped his rump in the grass and was putting his feathers back in order. He wasn't going to be going after any griffins, no matter how much they deserved a good trouncing, until he had that sorted.

Boomer tilted his head at the stranger's question after Lord Haliastur. Before he could think of an answer the other jumped down onto a nearby rock. Boomer scrambled into a crouch, wings raised, eyes gladly seizing up this new opponent, who must've been the dark griffin's rider. He was a tall and slender individual, and seemed easy and confident in his movements. If he had any sort of training, he might've made a good warrior, if he was one. Except that he was muttering words aloud to himself - must have a touch of insanity, Boomer concluded. Well, that was understandable being so far away from the Skyrealms for so long. He should go easy on him. This avian might not be as much of a threat as Boomer initially thought.

"Hello!" He boomed out at the stranger. "Do. You. Live. Here?" He was careful to enunciate the words, in case this avian was slow. "Also, if you see a stick laying anywhere, could you tell me? I lost mine."

(Been busy last few days with Thanksgiving - sorry for the slow reply. ^^)
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Next

Return to Private, 1x1, or Specific Group RP's