Interest check: Eldemore roleplay

Here you may post RP discussions for a specific thread, 1x1 role plays, or for group discussions. Chat with friends about potential RP topics or post here for your character/story organization needs.

Re: Interest check: Eldemore roleplay

Postby Silverhart » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:03 pm

OooooOOoOh! How exciting!

No idea on other squadrons to add. I mean I guess we could hook up some dires to a chart and go charging into battle on our dire chariots, but I feel like that would be more of a danger to the person driving the cart. XD Although using dires as pack animals for the Legion might be interesting...

It looks awesome so far though. I'm quite curious as to who our tutors might be...

I have a question though. Does the character have to magically bond with their dire? Or is it through *coughbloodbondingcough*? Or is bonding not a requirement at all, and they can simply be companions? Or can it be a mix of different bonds? I don't think elvians, avians, or halfborns can magically bond with dires, which is why I ask. It'd be interesting if the Legion forced blood bonding - could open up a whole can of worms, since I think only the Watch Crows are "supposed" to know that technique. XP Imagine the chaos of an elvian blood bonding with a dire wolf. Also would be interesting if the characters didn't have to be bonded to their dires and had to learn to work with them in a different way from someone who was magically bonded - in that case people could play different races without having to be magically bonded to a creature. Eh - I'm just rambling. XP But it's some interesting ideas to consider.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Verdana » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:15 pm

Polly44: New recruits don't really have a 'squad'. They are pretty much considered dirt until they graduate into a squadron.

Silverhart: I like the way your brain works! I don't think I have a simple answer for you. I'm guessing that at the onset there is no particular bond requirement; sometimes a magical bond happens, sometimes it's just a companionship. And I think part of how your squadron is decided comes from the bond that is formed by the time the choice is being made.

IN SAYING THAT, I do think there is some sort of dodgy bonding practice happening behind the scenes. The Special Forces are a bit fishy for sure, possibly the Officer class as well. It's not talked about though, if it is happening. And it would be something that characters may have to confront.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Verdana

Postby Silverhart » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:38 pm

OOoooh! Interesting... I like the potential mystery. Does that mean our characters could be any of the races, or even halfborns then?
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby Verdana » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:42 pm

Silverhart wrote:OOoooh! Interesting... I like the potential mystery. Does that mean our characters could be any of the races, or even halfborns then?

Definitely. Any canonical Eldemore race is acceptable. The forces in charge are not picky, and even prefer people of diverse origins and skillsets ^^

Look the whole concept itself is really shadowy and odd XD This army with no clear ties to any form of government is training in secret for a war that isn't happening yet. I also think it would be fun to figure it out over time, and either buy into it or be horrified and take action.

Verdana

Postby Silverhart » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:50 pm

This is sounding better and better! XP I can't wait to hear more!
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby NightAssassin » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:29 pm

Ooo... Looks good so far! Although I don't like RPing as anything but an animal. Could I maybe RP as my Glitch Ancient as basically just not be part of the Legion but still be a part? Like maybe I wouldn't have a dire companion but I would do something else.

Also, could someone explain the concept of bonding to me? I haven't been here very long and I don't think there's anything like that in the lore section of the Codex.
Last edited by NightAssassin on the 42nd of Internet at the beginning of time, edited number of times in total.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
xxxxxImage
All hail Snafu

xxxxxxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
Imagexxxx

"The Universe is under no obligation
to make sense to you."

Image Image ImageImage
NightAssassin

Postby Silverhart » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:41 pm

NightAssassin wrote:Also, could someone explain the concept of bonding to me? I haven't been here very long and I don't think there's anything like that in the lore section of the Codex.

There are two type of bonding in Eldemore - whereby a person bonds to a creature. There's the usual magical bond, which occurs quite frequently. Humans can bond with almost any creature in Eld, some more easily then others. The trueborn races can't. Avians can only bond with griffins, elvians with elkrin, and wolfkin with direwolves. And halfborns can't bond at all. It has to do with each races' magic - humans don't have any by themselves, hence they can bond with anything.

Blood bonding is a very taboo way to force a similar bond, where a piece of the person's soul is tied to that creature. It used to be more common from what I can understand, but nowadays in Eld only the Watch Crows are supposed to know how to do it, if I recall. But theoretically you could use it to bond someone to a creature they normally couldn't bond with.

And then there's just keeping an Eldemore creature as a companion. You don't have a magical bond with them, but they follow you around and help you out where they can. ^^

This is mainly things I've gleaned from previous event dialogue and lore on the site. I don't believe there is a place that describes bonding in detail. You might be able to find a bit more info on the Eldemore Lore Thread, but it's kind of scattered around.
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Verdana » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:57 pm

Thanks Silver!

Right, so should I set up a form so that people can start sending in characters?

Verdana

Postby Silverhart » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:28 pm

No one else has responded... XD So I think so? Unless there's any more background info we need before we start?
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Previous

Return to OOC, Character Threads, and RP Discussions