Gem and Coyote 1x1

Post forms specifically made for either 1x1's or private group role plays. Can include anything from animals, humans to fantasy based role plays. These can be based off of movies, books, or games.

Re: Gem and Coyote 1x1

Postby Gem » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:03 am

Gem narrowed her eyes on the gryphon again with a quick glance around them, subtle enough to appear that she was merely looking around. Her scales would have ruffled in a manner of speaking, if she had been in dragon form. She knew well enough to keep out of trouble and out of sight, at least as a dragon, but she had yet to hear of those who searched for them. "Who are you running from, exactly?" The look she gave them next bordered on accusing and defense. If she had to pack up because this creature was running, well you'd have one unhappy dragon on your hands.

~

26 shook his head yet again with a small glance to the clouds above them. A few drops fell here and there with a soft pitter patter while his hands wrung and twisted at the hem of his shirt. He didn't know whether to be frightened or relieved, or some other emotion, everything was building on top of itself. "I l-lost my... my sh-shoe." He started with stating the obvious as he tried to explain if only a little bit about himself. "White building... White walls. N-needles, needles, needles." The thought of needles alone seemed to have him hunching his shoulders down all over again and the rain falling a little harder.
Last edited by Gem on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gem~

╔═════════════╗

Zodiac: ImageImage
Beliefs: Image
Sexuality: Image

╚═════════════╝
Gem

Postby Coyote » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:45 am

Eon
Agender
Gryphon
Unknown Age
Human Form
With Gem
Under an Awning, Downtown

So Gem was unaware, it seemed. Eon felt a sense of duty to pass on whatever knowledge could help this dragon stay out of trouble, but caution was necessary, lest Gem assume that Eon was luring trouble rather than traveling out of precaution. The defensive reaction indicated such.
    "Between you and I, watch out for black helicopters. They're on to us, Gem. I move so that they cannot find me, and I hope they never find you."
    Eon chose to speak cryptically, hoping Gem would fill in the blanks as far as who was looking for non-human creatures and why they would want to take them away. Really, even Eon did not understand fully what the ICIB wanted with these creatures, but they always brought an inescapable sense of dread that Eon knew better than to ignore.

Smith
Male
Unicorn
27 Years
Human Form
With 26
At a Park

"So mother was right...", Smith breathed, awestruck at the realization.
    His mother's story about losing her sister flashed through his mind. This 26 character knew something about what happened to the ones who were taken. Smith had so many questions, but before he could decide what to ask first, his senses returned to him. This poor man seemed so uncomfortable, missing a shoe and fidgeting with his shirt. The questions could wait. There was always time for compassion, and peppering him with questions out in the open would help no one.
    "Come with me, 26. I'll take you somewhere safe.
    For the second time that day, Smith offered an out-stretched hand. This time, intending to lead his new companion to his apartment across the street. He hoped his expression was one 26 could trust. Where they were going, there would be no needles.
x《▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃》
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
▅▄▀
▅▄▀
▅▄▀
▅▄▀
▅▄▀

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
x《▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃》
Coyote

Postby Gem » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:28 pm

Gem peeked up at the raining sky with skepticism, then back to Eon, her brows raising once more. Now if that wasn't a cryptic response, she didn't know what was. Not only that, but Gem wasn't all too sure how to take what information was given and it made her a little antsy just standing there. "I'll keep that in mind..."

(I apologize I'm not sure what else to do with Gem. And hope you don't mind the ooc chatter here.)

"S-safe?" 26 stammered, his expression ever hopeful with a shimmer of doubt. As far as he knew, or as he had yet to learn, there was no place safe. There were rumbling and growling monsters that roared and blared loudly as they passed by and just barely swerved out of the way when he moved towards them. What confused him most was that there were people inside these beasts. They didn't seem safe. Then there were animals that sniffed, jumped, and barked... Well, Smith had seen that for himself. 26 shook his head of his thoughts and looked once more to the offered hand before him and despite his doubts he took it tentatively.
Gem~

╔═════════════╗

╚═════════════╝
Gem

Postby Coyote » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:05 pm

Eon
Agender
Gryphon
Unknown Age
Human Form
With Gem

It seemed Eon had caught Gem unaware. This was not the most desirable response, but Eon did appreciate that it took Gem by surprise. Perhaps this cryptic tangle of a warning would be enough to leave Gem puzzling over it while Eon went back to trying to make it to the other side of the city.
    "Yes, you do that.", Eon agreed. "I'll be on my way, then."
    Eon turned away and took a step towards the edge of the awning, hoping that Gem had been satisfied and would not try to interfere with Eon's traveling anymore.

Smith
Male
Unicorn
27 Years
Human Form
With 26
On the Sidewalk

"Yes, safe.", Smith assured 26 as the gangly young man mulled over his offer.
    He was quite relieved when 26 decided to trust him, and took off walking towards the crosswalk at the corner of the block. Smith's apartment was conveniently located in a nice building just across the street from the park and it would take just minutes to arrive there. In this case, Smith was even more grateful for the easy park access than he usually was. The shorter the distance they needed to travel, the less likely 26 would be to bolt or do something weird that would draw attention.
    "Almost there."
    Smith glanced at 26 when they arrived at the crosswalk. So far so good, and the light at the crosswalk soon changed to indicate it was safe to cross. Again, Smith led his new friend forward, keeping a gentle, but firm grip on his hand. With Smith's other hand, he pointed ahead of them.
    "We're going in that building. I have a condo up there that is not too shabby, if I do say so myself."
x《▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃》
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
▅▄▀
▅▄▀
▅▄▀
▅▄▀
▅▄▀

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
x《▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃》
Coyote

Postby Gem » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:54 pm

"Hold on a minute." Gem frowned at the Gryphon's retreat and stepped up beside them once more. "How would they know what we are if we appear like the rest of them?" Granted that this creature had pinpointed what she was to the T in a matter of seconds, but he wasn't human either. She didn't expect a human to be able to guess at what they were like they might be able to. "And if you're really set on keeping out of their reach, then I suggest we both make a run for it... Or fight." With that said she nodded slightly in the direction of a small group, all of which smelled too sterile to Gem.

~

26 balked at first when they entered the crosswalk as he expected the sitting monsters to lurch forward at them, but as it seemed they wouldn't he relaxed enough to be lead across the street. "The monsters didn't get us..." He whispered in awe of the things and again more so at the people sitting inside them. 26 almost forgot to keep moving until the hand holding his pulled him onward and he looked up to the building being pointed out to him. He simply nodded in response as he had no words just yet. He wasn't to sure exactly what a condo was, but it sounded nicer than a lab or cell.
Gem~

╔═════════════╗

╚═════════════╝
Gem

Postby Coyote » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:04 pm

Eon
Agender
Gryphon
Unknown Age
Human Form
With Gem

Open-mouthed and intending to respond, Eon instead turned to see a small group of about five or so humans approaching along the sidewalk. Their clothes blended in well, but Eon could tell from the purposeful way they were staring that their focus was on the two of them. Eon still had no idea how they could tell a disguised creature from a regular human, but somehow, they always could. Maybe they had some sensors or something.
    "Let's move.", Eon said in gravely calm tone.
    Eon immediately began walking briskly down the sidewalk away from the agents. They would not cause a scene in front of civilians if they could help it, and Eon could manipulate that fact. If Eon could manage to get out of their line of sight and lose them, then the danger should be over for the time being. If worse came to worse, Gem had better be handy in combat.

Smith
Male
Unicorn
27 Years
Human Form
With 26
On the Sidewalk

Smith raised an eyebrow at the "monster" comment. Whoever this guy was, he knew absolutely nothing about anything. He offered a reassuring hand-squeeze in response. Smith was already starting to come up with all sorts of theories about 26's origin, but for now, he was more focused on just getting out of the open. Though Smith was aware that there would probably be people coming to look for 26, he had no way of telling that those people were only a few blocks away. In a matter of minutes, it would be too late to hide.
    "Um, just, stay close. It's only a door.", Smith warned 26 as he realized that the rotating door at the front of his building looked terribly similar to a glass cage.
    He paused for a moment in front of the door and glanced at his companion to make sure he looked ready to enter the door without making a scene.
x《▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃》
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
▅▄▀
▅▄▀
▅▄▀
▅▄▀
▅▄▀

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
x《▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃》
Coyote

Postby Gem » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:45 pm

Gem wasn’t one to argue when it made sense and she set off after Eon. The gryphon set a brisk pace, probably on the pretense to lose the humans headed for them, but as Gem looked over her shoulder she could see that they too had picked up their pace if only to try and catch up but they wouldn’t all out run for them it seemed. That was something. Much as they hadn’t wanted to be found, the humans likewise didn’t want to make a scene and that gave them the advantage for the time being. “So how are your fighting skills?” Gem wondered out loud how they would fare if it came right down to it. She, herself, had no qualms on the matter if that was indeed what they would have to do. “You think it’ll come to that?”

~

26 held some misgivings on the rotating glass thing that Smith had called a door, but he gave a short nod and stuck close to his side as they entered. Halfway through he nearly panicked and a roll of thunder could be heard just outside of the place, but once through and inside everything had stopped, like in the park, just as suddenly as it had begun. “S-safe? Smith… Safe?” He had squeezed the man’s hand in his own fear and only just loosened his grip after a moment once they were inside. After that he simply stared at the place in awe.
Gem~

╔═════════════╗

╚═════════════╝
Gem

Postby Coyote » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:35 am

Eon
Agender
Gryphon
Unknown Age
Human Form
With Gem
In an Alley

Eon shot Gem a sideways glance that was somewhere between steely confidence and bemused.
    "Oh, I can handle myself."
    Though little time was dedicated to Eon's response, the gryphon displayed such self-confidence that the idea Eon might struggle with combat seemed preposterous. At least, that was the intended communication.
    "They won't make a scene. Not in front of them.", Eon explained between glances left and right, searching for an alley or dense crowd to disappear into.
    "But I will, if they push it. I don't give a crap."
    Eon voice lowered to a disgusted growl. It was clear that this particular gryphon would sooner die than be captured. As if on cue, Eon spotted an alley to the left that was so narrow that one would not notice it unless they were standing practically next to it. The slightly-bodied Eon and graceful Gem would be able to walk through comfortably, but anyone wider than either of them would have to shimmy though sideways. Eon stepped into the alley without missing a beat while grabbing for Gem's arm to pull her in as well.

Smith
Male
Unicorn
27 Years
Human Form
With 26
In Smith's Apartment Complex

"Ouch.", Smith muttered, stretching his fingers out in an attempt to relieve some of the pressure from 26's iron grip.
    It seemed to take all the self control 26 could muster to keep calm while going through that rotating door, but short of a crack of thunder, he made inside without a problem. Smith felt a swell of pride over the small achievement.
    "You got it. We're safe in here. I live on the fifth floor."
    Smith smiled sunnily at 26.
    "You're going great! Ready to try the eleva- ...Actually, let's take the stairs. Come along, dear! Your castle awaits!"
    Smith was really starting to like their weirdo, though it was not hard to tell now that his flamboyant side was showing.
x《▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃》
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
▅▄▀
▅▄▀
▅▄▀
▅▄▀
▅▄▀

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
x《▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃》
Coyote

Postby Gem » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:08 pm

Gem was ready to snag an article of clothing or two from a small table attempting to sell their wares, not for her collection, but for the sake of losing those who followed them. Before she could do so, she found herself being pulled into a narrow alley, which had her grinning. “Nicely spotted, and good to know, if it comes down to that.” Gem couldn’t help a glance back over her shoulder to see if the humans caught on. Did they lose them, or were they still coming? And if they were still coming… Well it would be amusing to watch them try and shimmy through the narrow alley way they had taken. If only for a short moment.

~

“Sorry…” 26 mumbled a quick apology and his eyes shot down to his feet out of habit. However at the sound of Smith’s enthusiasm and flamboyance, 26 peeked up again with a shy smile. “C-castle?” Now castles he knew, if only in his imagination, but he knew them none the less. It was one of his privileges to hear a tall tale about castles and knights, but that was as long as he cooperated and behaved. Today he hadn’t behaved so he was a little surprised to hear mention of a castle, let alone his own. “Are there kn-knights too?” He had to ask and looked so hopeful at the possibility.
Gem~

╔═════════════╗

╚═════════════╝
Gem

Postby Coyote » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:29 am

Eon
Agender
Gryphon
Unknown Age
Human Form
With Gem
In an Alley

With the knowledge that their pursuers had lost their line of sight, Eon hastened the pace to a brisk jog. The narrow alley opened up into a backstreet lined with dumpsters and employee entrances for the various shops and restaurants that lined the block. Eon hoped to make it there without being seen and disappear by changing directions to lose the suited humans that were after the pair. A glance cast over Eon's shoulder served the purpose of checking on Gem, who followed willingly and seemed to have an easy time of keeping up, as well as to see if anyone had caught up and was still following.
    Just as Eon was making it to the wider portion, the unmistakable dark shape of a man in a suit flashed by the entrance to the other side of the alley where Eon and Gem had taken shelter just seconds ago. Eon slipped around the corner to the left and hid there, with the brick wall pressing into the gryphon's back and all the while expecting the sharp Gem to hide on the right. Scarcely daring to breathe, Eon's ears strained to pick up any clues to the location of the man that had been standing at the alley's entrance and what he might be doing.
    "They're gone. Lost 'em in the crowd.", said a masculine voice in hushed tones, likely into some type of radio system. After a short pause, the voice continued. "Understood. Proceeding to original objective."
    Then, all was silent, and Eon wondered if it was worthwhile to check if the human was truly gone.

Smith
Male
Unicorn
27 Years
Human Form
With 26
In Smith's Apartment Complex

Smith was not completely sure if 26 was serious about misunderstanding the context or if he was playing along, but it did not matter in the slightest. The fantasy had already taken off and there was nothing Smith was interested in doing to stop it. One was never too old for a little make-believe, in Smith's opinion. Though, as he opened the door to the stairs and beckoned 26 through, he could not help but notice the genuine sense of hopeful wonder across 26's face. Maybe 26 thought he was serious about castles after all.
    "Knight, dear boy. Knight. Just one.", he corrected his companion. "And that one would be me, of course. I'm your knight in shining..."
    Smith paused for a moment upon realizing that he was not even close to armor-clad. Instead, he gave the hem of his vest a smart tug and finished his sentence.
    "Satin!"
x《▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃》
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
▅▄▀