Who is ready for eldemore to be back?

A place to discuss all things Eldemore.

Re: Who is ready for eldemore to be back?

Postby Spectreselva » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:57 pm

LLHBBB wrote:
boston wrote:
Losing hope :c
The site has been down for so long.

Sadly I'm with you here. 1 year is now 2.5 & no updates with any time line on when or if it will actually be re-opened. Still checking in everyday in hopes of a promising update.

Sadly I'm starting to get in this mindset too :( Two and a half years is an awfully long time. I know things come up in RL. But surely coding a website doesn't take THAT long.

Course I'm not a coder, so what do I know.
Ultra collection completed 11/16/15

Hoarding:
Emerald zodiac gem rune dragon pygmys
All Carousel Slepneirs
All betta runes

Eldemore trades
Off-Site trades
Spectreselva

Postby Alexisdiemos » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:25 am

Spectreselva wrote:
LLHBBB wrote:
boston wrote:
Losing hope :c
The site has been down for so long.

Sadly I'm with you here. 1 year is now 2.5 & no updates with any time line on when or if it will actually be re-opened. Still checking in everyday in hopes of a promising update.

Sadly I'm starting to get in this mindset too :( Two and a half years is an awfully long time. I know things come up in RL. But surely coding a website doesn't take THAT long.

Course I'm not a coder, so what do I know.

Coding a new site and definitely take a bit, especially if it's just on the side and you still have a job and life..

What would be nice is giving us a quick update. Not even and large post about how the coding is going. A simple. "I'm still here, working on the site, it will definitely be back I promise." Would be nice.

I'm also starting to worry this site is done for and I would actually be both quite annoyed and sad, I loved this site and it had great potential and I would hate to see it die. I know coding an entire site takes alot of time, and I'm still willing to wait, but at least keep us updated. Isnt that why they got a Twitter? To release small short updates?

I am also losing hope. This site is great, I just want something so I know this place hasnt been given up on.

I wish they would do a patreon or even a kickstarted. I and many others would love to help fund this place
ImagePicking Perfect

Alexisdiemos

Postby Matreats » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:26 am

Kickstarter ;n; I would totally be down for that

╒═══════════════╕
Hello there! My name is Matisse,
and I enjoy drawing, Undertale,
Minecraft, Voltron, Pokemon,
and Eldemore. I'm more active
on Eldemore, so feel free to
send a trade! I don't care much
for pet rarities, just looks.

╘═══════════════╛
╒═══════════════╕
╘═══════════════╛
ᏢᎪᏆᎥᎬᏁᏟᎬ
ᎽᎬᎥᏞᎠs

u

Matreats

Postby Alexisdiemos » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:08 am

DV and flightrising got a lot of backers and is quite popular. Honestly if any dev's are seeing this. Please open up a kick starter. Let us help you get this place back. Offer milestone rewards and rewards for backers. I'm positive many would happily join the kickstarter and help you out. We want this back, you may even attract a bigger userbase with kickstarter
ImagePicking Perfect

Alexisdiemos

Postby Matreats » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:01 pm

Alexisdiemos wrote:DV and flightrising got a lot of backers and is quite popular. Honestly if any dev's are seeing this. Please open up a kick starter. Let us help you get this place back. Offer milestone rewards and rewards for backers. I'm positive many would happily join the kickstarter and help you out. We want this back, you may even attract a bigger userbase with kickstarter

Absolutely second this!

╒═══════════════╕
Hello there! My name is Matisse,
and I enjoy drawing, Undertale,
Minecraft, Voltron, Pokemon,
and Eldemore. I'm more active
on Eldemore, so feel free to
send a trade! I don't care much
for pet rarities, just looks.

╘═══════════════╛
╒═══════════════╕
╘═══════════════╛
ᏢᎪᏆᎥᎬᏁᏟᎬ
ᎽᎬᎥᏞᎠs

u

Matreats

Postby Willzel » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:54 am

Still check here every now and then; I was a pretty new user at the time but I got to experience one event, and there was so much lore and cool information. It really felt like it set the site apart from something like the older, more well-established CS or various other collection-based sites. Hope it comes back someday.
---
he * him
Willzel

Postby despair » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:57 am

Maybe if they added some new pheonix or something? Or just did some random "once a month you get a free rare+" (okay maybe that's a bit game breaking), or some reason to come back. I'm sure there's artists there who'd be happy to contribute. I feel really sad every time I come back here I'm the only person online. :/
texttexttexttexttexttexttexttext
♪♪#4284 / any pronouns
mostly inactive
cs | fr | gl

texttexttexttexttexttexttexttext
despair

Postby revenant » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:35 pm

despair wrote:Maybe if they added some new pheonix or something? Or just did some random "once a month you get a free rare+" (okay maybe that's a bit game breaking), or some reason to come back. I'm sure there's artists there who'd be happy to contribute. I feel really sad every time I come back here I'm the only person online. :/

Agreed, I kinda started giving up hope around the time they stopped doing holiday pets. It was nice to have something to log in to and a reminder that the staff is still working on the site, but at this point it's been over a year since we got a single new pet. If they can't manage to release one pet over the course of an entire year, it really doesn't give me high hopes for the site. The twitter/dev updates have gone down to about 2x a year and they don't feel like 5 months worth of progress when they do get posted.

We don't even know what's going on. Everything is happening behind closed doors, we don't have any sort of roadmap for what's been done and what still needs to be addressed. At this point it's starting to feel like either the site team took up a project that's too big for them to handle, or they just don't care anymore. It's especially frustrating because we had a functional, fun site that was put on the backburner to rebuild from the ground up - but instead of this ground-level coding work quietly happening before launch like it would for a brand new site, we're sitting around and watching the community slowly die off as we wait.

If the team needs help (be that more coders, more funding to hire more coders or pay for the site, etc) they really should start reaching out for it because at this point I don't see them ever finishing it the way they're going right now.
╔═══════════════════╗
reyes
male, bi
trying for a complete collection
(11 pages left)
trade me wishlist stuff!!
also offering CS pets for eld
╚═══════════════════╝

revenant

Postby LLHBBB » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:42 pm

revenant wrote:
despair wrote:Maybe if they added some new pheonix or something? Or just did some random "once a month you get a free rare+" (okay maybe that's a bit game breaking), or some reason to come back. I'm sure there's artists there who'd be happy to contribute. I feel really sad every time I come back here I'm the only person online. :/

Agreed, I kinda started giving up hope around the time they stopped doing holiday pets. It was nice to have something to log in to and a reminder that the staff is still working on the site, but at this point it's been over a year since we got a single new pet. If they can't manage to release one pet over the course of an entire year, it really doesn't give me high hopes for the site. The twitter/dev updates have gone down to about 2x a year and they don't feel like 5 months worth of progress when they do get posted.

We don't even know what's going on. Everything is happening behind closed doors, we don't have any sort of roadmap for what's been done and what still needs to be addressed. At this point it's starting to feel like either the site team took up a project that's too big for them to handle, or they just don't care anymore. It's especially frustrating because we had a functional, fun site that was put on the backburner to rebuild from the ground up - but instead of this ground-level coding work quietly happening before launch like it would for a brand new site, we're sitting around and watching the community slowly die off as we wait.

If the team needs help (be that more coders, more funding to hire more coders or pay for the site, etc) they really should start reaching out for it because at this point I don't see them ever finishing it the way they're going right now.

I can't agree more. This is what we were told back in Nov '17

Eldemore is Taking a Break
Postby Zayin » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:53 pm

Hey everyone, I am here to announce that effective December 1st, 2017, Eldemore is officially going on a hiatus until our new site is ready. That means we will be taking a break from doing any releases, events, or raffles until our new site revamp is ready to go. This is so that we can focus our efforts completely on the new site and not have to also work on maintaining this one and doing releases and events at the same time. The best timetable I can give is that I’m shooting for a relaunch in the latter part of 2018. As development goes on, that may change.

I know IRL happens but if you made promises you just can't do than rip the band-aid off instead of dragging it out. I would be very disappointed to have all my time & money being wasted on a dead site but if it's never coming back up & I keep hoping it's worse. If you need help ask. If you just don't care let us know. Anything is better than nothing.
Not trading while the site is down - Sorry.

Image 7/4/16
LLHBBB

Postby Burger » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:14 pm

I haven't seen any twitter updates in ages so I suppose I'll have to just log in every now in then hoping there will be an update on here! I still want to see the site get revived eventually, it had such great characters and writing and world building and art. A patreon or kickstarter sounds like a good idea to at least be rid of the radio silence. I know I'd donate.

Extras group are UFT for Flight Rising, pm me on there!

Why yes, I am carrying an egg around as my companion, what of it?
Burger

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore Discussion