How do you play?
The goal of Eldemore is pretty much the same goal as any virtual pet site: collect pets! Collect pets as they are released, trade with other users for rarer pets or outcomes that you missed, hoard certain kinds of pets if you like, chat with other users in the forums, and get into Eldemore's ever-growing lore.
How do you get pets?
There are several main ways to get pets:
- On the Adoption page, where pets are released monthly
- In the Bazaar, where you can buy special pets with real world money
- During special events, which take place in the Explore section only during special holidays throughout the year
Sometimes we will also have a release to celebrate a staff member's birthday, which are also available on the Adoption page, but only for that day
. Most new releases and special events like these are announced on the News
page, so you definitely want to glance over it if you see it glow.
How do I reach out to staff if I have a problem?
If you have a simple site question, please ask one of our general helpers via PM (private messaging
), or post in the Site Help forum
. For questions about game or forum rules, you can contact a moderator or global moderator in the same way.
What if I'm being harassed by another user?
If you are being harassed by another user, please do not reply and argue back with them. Just use the report button on their post or private message. Please leave detailed information for us to use in figuring out what happened when you report them.
If they didn't send you a post or PM to report, just message a Moderator and explain what's going on.
Who are the staff members on Eldemore?
Staff members are denoted by differently colored names. For a complete list of staff members, check out The Team link
, which can be found at the bottom of any page.
- Administrators: The admins are the owners and executives of Eldemore. They handle things like the appointing of staff members and artists, as well as the creative direction of the site. They have the final word in all site matters.
- Global Moderators: Their duties are primarily to enforce the rules of the site and forums, and to help keep the peace and ensure no one gets harassed or cheats. They tend to have a broader focus than moderators, assisting admins with site issues.
- Moderators: Their duties closely mirror those of Global Moderators, but they tend to focus on certain sections of the site, like the RP forums, or the Discussion forums. They are also available to answer questions for users, especially involving rules.
- General Helpers: Their duties involve greeting new members, answering general questions, and being helpful and available for users.
- Artists: These staff members make pets to be released every month and throughout events. We would not have a fraction of the pets that we have on this site if not for our team of dedicated artists.
Can I be a Moderator, General Helper, or Artist?
We only accept new staff members at certain times on an as-needed basis. When a position becomes available, it will be posted in the Staff Openings
section (link in the site footer), which will provide further details on the description and requirements for the position, as well as how you can apply. In general, to become a Moderator, you must be promoted from being a General Helper first. We usually fill one or two staff positions at a time, so don't be dejected if you don't get it. You can always apply again next time.
Please don't PM staff members asking if you can be on the staff, as you will get this exact response.
What's the Explore tab for?
The Explore area is primarily where site events happen. In there, you can explore Eldemore, see what it looks like, and interact with other characters. Usually, if there's not a special event going on, there isn't anything to do or get in Explore.
How do events work?
Generally speaking, our special site events happen in spring, on our anniversary at the beginning of August, during Halloween, and throughout the Christmas season.
When an event is in progress, you will see four tokens on the bar up top next to your PM's. You can go to the Explore section, where some story will happen and you will be told where you can get tokens from. You'll be able to collect tokens and exchange them for special pets and items somewhere else in the Explore section.
How can I get a custom?
For the most part, only staff members can get customs. They are usually only given on birthdays.
What are baubles and how can I get them?
Baubles are how we monetize Eldemore. This site is ad free and free to join, so purchasing baubles from the Bazaar
is a way of supporting us while getting some really rare pets in return! All of our transactions are handled through PayPal. We don't store or handle any credit card numbers or addresses, so your information is secure.
Alternatively, you can obtain baubles by trading with other members who have already bought baubles.
I just purchased baubles, but they never showed up in my account.
If you paid us for baubles, but never received any, please submit a bug report
, and we will look into it ASAP.
Can I use Eldemore pet designs offsite or make my own?
No, you may not use our pet designs for your own work, or to make your own custom, or claim them as your own creation. You may link to Eldemore pets, or display the images on other sites, but the watermark must remain intact.
Why was I banned?!
If you try to log in, it will tell you, right there. Let me explain the main reasons people get banned:
- Mutiple Accounts - You are only allowed one account on this site. This is because we give out pets on a per-account basis. You can easily cheat by creating multiple accounts, adopting, and funneling them all into one account. However, we catch this pretty easily, and we will terminate all of your accounts, and take your pets.
- Pet Milling - This is the gray area between offsite trading and multi-accounting. It's when you go to other sites and ask people to join just so they can adopt pets and give them all to you. This basically has the same effect as multi-accounting, so we don't allow it. You must be an active user on this site that actually collects pets and participates, and not just a dummy account that stands to profit other users.
- Harassment - It goes without saying, if you harass other users, and ignore our warnings, we will ban you. This includes being really passive aggressive.
- Exploiting Glitches - We don't usually have exploits on Eldemore, but if you find one, and get rich off of it and never tell us, we will ban you. It's no problem if you stumble on it, just please help us out and tell a staff member. Otherwise, we will be left with potentially hours of work while we try to clean up the mess that was made because no one told us before it got bad.
- Art Theft - Do not steal other people's art and call it your own, especially when you ask for pets or baubles in return. Someone will notice it, and they will report you.
Our site has a delicate economy that needs balance and discipline to thrive. That's why cheating to get extra pets is such a serious problem. It can really mess up the game for others who play fair.