Promptsy Prosey (A character prompt thread)

A place to play word and forum games with other members.

Promptsy Prosey (A character prompt thread)

Postby Grifforik » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Character Creations

So, here's the deal.
You'll be given a prompt, aka a shot sentence to complete. You should be creating a new persona/character while you are replying, the whole point of the game is to create as many new characters as you can/want. This game is fun and helpful, and if you get stuck you can always use you're existing character.
THIS IS NOT A ROLEPLAY so do not reply to a prompt above you.
Create a new prompt for the next person.
The theme is ELDEMORE so each prompt should be assumed to be somehow based in Eld.

RULES!
1.All forum rules apply.
2. Do not reply to the prompt that isnt yours.
3. I shouldn't have to say don't get graphic, but I shall just to double that.
4. Please do not take the prompts off topic, this is meant to be fun and to keep the thread running ^u^
5. ALWAYS reply with a prompt if you do not you'll be listed on here after 3 times you will be asked not to play the game anymore. This should be fun guys, other people want to play too! Remember to be courteous :)
6. Have FUN!!!

Example prompt:
He was skulking around the outside of the tavern, looking for signs of....

Response:

He was skulking around the outside of the tavern, looking for signs of Biscuits. They weren't just any biscuits, they were Jem's famous biscuits. The best in the world, the kind to die for, or at least slap you best friend for. I mean, he'd been craving them for weeks, months it seemed, but for some strange reason, Jem, didn't like to be called a 'Cook', he was a baker, but how in darkness's name was I suppose to know that?

And then you write a prompt for the next person. You should ALWAYS write the prompt and reply to save your place. You can always work on your response after. This is to have fun and help make more eld characters :)

First prompt:

Sometimes, around noonish the bell to the tower could be heard, even all the way out....
Last edited by Grifforik on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grifforik

Re: Promptsy Prosey (A character prompt thread)

Postby Grifforik » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:04 pm

Save

-Putting up a prompt is how you save the post to finish whatever you're writing :)
Grifforik

Postby Sphye » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:25 pm

Grifforik wrote:Sometimes, around noonish the bell to the tower could be heard, even all the way out....

...in the unofficial "market" beside the fields outside town. Oh, the wares they could get, if only they had anything to trade! Unfortunately, the only way to get anything to trade was through less-than-honest methods, and even though they knew that pretty much everything there was gotten in a similar fashion, they couldn't bring themselves to steal any trading fodder.
Then again, that umbrella with the fancy handle was really catching their eye.

It was pretty hard to burn a muffin quite this badly, but with enough...
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Silverhart » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:44 pm

Sphye wrote:
It was pretty hard to burn a muffin quite this badly, but with enough...

...practice it had become second nature to her. She glowed with pride as her Dragoon scolded her harshly, but the little Drake just sat back and looked smug. It wasn't every Drake her age who could work up enough fire to burn a muffin to a pile of ashes. Why it didn't even resemble a muffin in the slightest any longer! All the other little Drakes could manage was browning toast. Why was her human running around making such a fuss, and going on and on about 'breakfast being ruined'? Now he was staring mournfully at the pile of ashes, and kicking angrily at them. His Drake cocked her head at his antics thinking... let's try bacon next!

Up past the fields where the Sleipnir grazed, an old...
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Sphye » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:50 pm

Silverhart wrote:
Up past the fields where the Sleipnir grazed, an old...

...Sheep Rune herder sat down for a nap. The runes were all being sheared by younger farmhands today, so now was her chance to take it easy.
Her eyes fluttered open in annoyance. Something was brushing against her face, and it just wasn't ignorable! A small, buck-toothed head came into focus, its whiskers nearly poking the shepherd in the eye. A young jackalope sat beside her head, sniffing at her face with too much curiosity.
"Whaddya think, that my nose is a carrot?" she barked, attempting to shoo the pesky lagomorph away. Unfortunately, it seemed remarkably unfazed. The elderly woman sighed in exasperation. "Fine, as long as you quit making like you're gonna chew at my face."
The jackalope obliged, climbing onto her stomach and curling up to rest with her as she closed her eyes again. Ancients, she thought, some critters look for loopholes like drakes look for the sky.

Night after night they'd seen that moth. It looked exactly the same each time, it had to be the same one! Tonight, however...
by ebriose.

♪♪♪

Postby Grifforik » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:07 am

Night after night they'd seen that moth. It looked exactly the same each time, it had to be the same one! Tonight, however...

...it looked to be more than a moth. If you could call something glowing 'just a moth' I mean. Sanja and Kal had been out on patrol every night for the last 3 months. They were night watch in the dragoon patrol, this season. They would be on patrol for another 3 months before they would be rotated into day patrol. Sanja, however, adored night patrol. He was much more inclined to enjoy the cool air of the night and the warmth of his drake under him. And Kal, who loved to fly the night air, was equally enjoying the night. He was a rather large drake, even for a Dragoon, and something Sanja was proud of. What with being from a certain fighting house, both he and Sanja were expected to rise through the ranks even more than they had so far. He mused over the thought of being captain, and was almost shaken out of his seat when Kal took to the air after the moth.
"What in the name of the Glitch do you think you're doing Kal!?" He yelled over the sound of the wind, and Kal's powerful wings beating the air to gain height.
:What does it look like? I'm flying.: Kal replied, in his typical stoic fashion. Ever the literal drake.
"NO! I mean WHY are we flying? We're suppose to be guarding the left flank of the castle, not chasing butterfly's!" He tightened his legs around the saddle, and sigh. Kal often got wild hairs about chasing things. He wouldn't be able to get him under control for a few minutes, and even then breaking formation and flying off after nothing was considered bad protocol, how was he ever going to become a captain when his partner was more curious than a cat, and harder to talk sense into?
:Its not a butterfly. Its a moth. And its not a moth, its something else. A signal I think: Replied Kal, who was taking them higher than the moth, higher than anything the ground could see. The dark of the moon had struck and even Kal knew the castle was vulnerable at this time. The Dragoon's were not good at seeing in the dark without the moon to light the way, they needed at least that much light to see, much like a cat. In this darkness, they were blind. But Kal, bigger than most, possessed the ability to enhance his vision with slight magics that only the commandeers drake and he, possessed.
"Are you saying what I think you're saying?" He called, cautious now and quiet. Kal would pick it out of his mind, honestly.
:The castle is about to be under siege. If that's what you're thinking mind mate. I've alerted the Commander, he's gathering the men. We will give them a fight they aren't expecting. And the moth, whoever sent it, will be found: Kal replied, grimly. And Sanja nodded. They wouldn't expect us to be prepared, nor to have a drake that can night fly in the dark of the moon. Only the Commander knew of his drakes ability's. But, more grim than that, was the thought that whoever had sent the signal was somehow inside the castle...

The mountain meadow seemed a little hollow this time of year, there should have been several guardian's up here, at least 3 different kinds of...

Last edited by Grifforik on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grifforik

Postby cjr09 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:01 pm

The mountain meadow seemed a little hollow this time of year, there should have been several guardian's up here, at least 3 different kinds of...

... Faeries, fighting among themselves. The small clearing was full of life come spring, but in the dead of winter, there was only silence broken by the mournful howling of the wind as it called for warmth to return and for life to fill these barren grounds.

The witch sighs. Picks herself up on old bones, leaning on her Elkrin for support as she struggles to her feet, Vulture Rune fluttering her wings from her position on the Elkrin's antlers, anxious to get moving.

"Calm yourself, Rún. We've time- I'm not about to kick the bucket just yet," the witch smiles at her companion, the Rune cawing her distress softly, so as not to break the silent spell over these grounds.

"Don't worry, my dears. The darkness may come as it did so long ago, but we've the hope that vanquished it then. Have faith in the young Sealer- they won't let us down. They didn't before."

There was always so much life in the city, people bustling about with their companion creatures, talking among themselves, laughing and playing, but today...
cjr09

Postby Sphye » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:29 pm

cjr09 wrote:There was always so much life in the city, people bustling about with their companion creatures, talking among themselves, laughing and playing, but today...

...the streets were oddly somber. A trail of people dressed in black, their eyes downcast, proceeded down the streets. He'd never seen anything like this before, not in any of the 9 years of his life that he could remember. He felt oddly out-of-place in his bright yellow clothes, the only face in the crowd who didn't seem pained by something he didn't know.
He snuck back inside, torn between asking his nursemaid about the event or not.

Some people loved direwolves. Some people hated them. You, however...
by ebriose.

♪♪♪

Postby Silverhart » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:52 pm

Sphye wrote:Some people loved direwolves. Some people hated them. You, however...

"...couldn't give a glitch for their opinions."

The Dire wolf snorted in confirmation of this fact, as his Warden finished his thoughts for him. The man she was speaking to grimaced at her coarse language - much unbecoming of a young lady. His Serval put her hackles up as Forester growled good-naturedly. Neva snatched the proffered coins and counted them quickly before stuffing them in her pocket. She didn't care if the Seeker's servals didn't welcome Forester - the Dire Wolf had been her mother's loyal companion for years. She'd given Forester to her daughter before she left home, saying he would protect and guard her. If only her mother could see her now. She could imagine the shaking of her head and tut-tutting under the breath - such disappointment that would lurk in those eyes.

Forester at least gave no thought to judge her dealings with the Seekers - even if he didn't much care for their feline compatriots.

The stone wall had become much neglected over the years, ivy climbing up it's sun-warmed face. Still it was a sturdy wall, and on the other side...
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Grifforik » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:24 pm

Silverhart wrote:
The stone wall had become much neglected over the years, ivy climbing up it's sun-warmed face. Still it was a sturdy wall, and on the other side...

...was the main camp. The children played around the huge hooves of Vanner Elkrin, while the adults spent their time working on wagons, making dinner, and getting ready to break camp. They'd been on the road for the better part of the last few moons, traveling toward the festival in Silverport.
Jakob was excited to be headed there, this would be his first time at Silverport. His family hadn't been traveling for a long time, they'd settled for a few years to allow him and his sister to be taught in a regular school to learn mainstream things they would need to know to make good deals, and keep them in the know about the other cultures of Eldemore.
Jakob, and Greeve, his beautiful Desert Dire wolf, who'd he'd been given by a passing family, was running at his feet, yipping happily as they leaped over the smallest part of the broken wall, and climbed the ivy to reach the top of the wall and stare out over the land.

On a day this clear, it was a shame to be indoors, but it wasn't like...
Grifforik

Next

Return to Forum Games